Thread: China Cornered The Market on PPE

China Cornered The Market on PPE

Trump administration weighs legal action over alleged Chinese hoarding of PPE

Executives from 3M and Honeywell told US officials that the Chinese government in January began blocking exports of N95 respirators, booties, gloves and other supplies produced by their factories in China, according to a senior White House official.

China paid the manufacturers their standard wholesale rates, but prohibited the vital items from being sold to anyone else, the official said.

Around the same time that China cracked down on PPE exports, official data posted online shows that it imported 2.46 billion pieces of “epidemic prevention and control materials” between Jan. 24 and Feb. 29, the White House official said.
    “Data from China’s own customs agency points to an attempt to corner the world market in PPE like gloves, goggles, and masks through massive increased purchases — even as China, the world’s largest PPE manufacturer, was restricting exports,” the official said.
    https://nypost.com/2020/04/05/trump-...arding-of-ppe/
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Perfect time to unload defective equipment...

The Dutch government has recalled 600,000 medical masks imported from China to fight the Chinese virus after the masks were revealed to have defective filters.

The Netherlands ordered 1.3 million masks from the communist nation to protect medical staff and patients from the deadly virus that emerged from China. The masks, which arrived on March 21st, were soon discovered to have faulty membranes, thus rendering them useless in preventing the spread of coronavirus.
    “If those masks do not close properly, the virus particles can simply pass. We do not use them. That is unsafe for our people,” the person added.

The government said that the masks had been shipped with the correct EU certification, meaning that the masks should have conformed to European health standards. However, an inspection revealed that the masks were defective.
    The Netherlands is just the latest European country to fall prey to defective medical equipment from China.

Spain, which only trails Italy in the number of recorded coronavirus deaths in Europe, received thousands of EU certified coronavirus tests that were revealed to be faulty. The tests were shown to have just a 30 per cent accuracy rate in identifying COVID-19 in patients.
    In the Czech Republic, as much as 80 per cent of the 300,000 rapid test kits imported from China have been found to be defective.
    https://www.breitbart.com/europe/202...ks-sent-china/
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Was just listening to NPR. Mike Bowen of Prestige Ameritech was on. Was saying we need to keep PPE manufacturing in America going all the time. Said back during the swine-flu they ramped up and spent millions on machines. Once the pandemic passed the U.S. govt. and private industry went back to buying cheaper foreign products and he almost went bankrupt. "The surgical mask supply went from being 90% U.S.-made to being 95% foreign-made in literally one year," Bowen says.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...th-coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Perfect time to unload defective equipment...
    They imported US made masks so they could protect themselves and exported the $#@! ones so other countries would spread it more and the more $#@! masks you have the more $#@! masks you "need"

Per registered decision, member has been banned for violating community standards as interpreted by TheTexan (respect his authoritah) as authorized by Brian4Liberty Ruling

May God have mercy on his atheist, police-hating, non-voting, anarchist soul.
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 06-07-2020 at 03:04 PM.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

Quote Originally Posted by Voluntarist View Post
    What happened to Orange Man … shouldn't he have been putting export tariffs on this stuff?
    They have an entire grey market that buys stuff in foreign markets and ships it there.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Trump administration weighs legal action over alleged Chinese hoarding of PPE

“Data from China’s own customs agency points to an attempt to corner the world market in PPE like gloves, goggles, and masks through massive increased purchases — even as China, the world’s largest PPE manufacturer, was restricting exports,” the official said.
    Removed the disrespectful langauge from this tweet by Congressowman Waters:

............... You sent 18 tons of PPE to China early but ignored warnings & called COVID19 concerns a hoax. You've endangered doctors, nurses, aids, orderlies, & janitors – all risking their lives to save ours. Pray 4 forgiveness for the harm that you're causing!
    — Maxine Waters (@RepMaxineWaters) March 30, 2020

I'm not a protectionist, not even a little bit... but if we're gonna have a federal government the least it could do is completely cut off trade relations with China.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I hope China gave France a discount when they sold them these plastic gowns...

https://twitter.com/KarluskaP/status...96112409022465

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    They imported US made masks so they could protect themselves and exported the $#@! ones so other countries would spread it more and the more $#@! masks you have the more $#@! masks you "need"
    nice conspiracy theory

Quote Originally Posted by PRB View Post
    nice conspiracy theory
    You mean the fact that they produce 80%+ of all PPE and imported hundreds of millions of medical grade masks for their hospitals and didn't stop people from exporting the virus and sold PPE to Italy that they had to return because it was faulty? It could be a perfect storm I guess. Were they exporting the PPE that they had already imported from their grey market? No because it's different brands that they are exporting. They are not medical quality brands from western markets. They even made knock off fake medical 3m masks and sold them. They intentionally downplayed how deadly the virus was. They disappeared doctors for blowing the whistle. People in China had to send coded messages in emojis to get the message out

You mean the fact that they produce 80%+ of all PPE and imported hundreds of millions of medical grade masks for their hospitals and didn't stop people from exporting the virus and sold PPE to Italy that they had to return because it was faulty? It could be a perfect storm I guess. Were they exporting the PPE that they had already imported from their grey market? No because it's different brands that they are exporting. They are not medical quality brands from western markets. They even made knock off fake medical 3m masks and sold them. They intentionally downplayed how deadly the virus was. They disappeared doctors for blowing the whistle. People in China had to send coded messages in emojis to get the message out
    There is a lot of scheming conspiracies from CCP but this is one I don't buy. coverups and censorship is just an everyday thing there.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

they didn't need to downplay it, our leaders were more than happy to act like it was no big deal even up to mid March.

in fact, only 6 congresspeople sold their stocks in February in any noticeably fishy timing. the rest of our government couldn't care less what was coming. their investments say it all.