Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 88

Thread: Food Shortages? Time for Trump to Announce New Victory Gardens and Urban Food Forests Push

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1

    Food Shortages? Time for Trump to Announce New Victory Gardens and Urban Food Forests Push

    It's happening...

    Finally here is the cure worse than the disease, as Trump said, a Venezuelan hell hole where we start preying on each other to keep from starving? I've been waiting for this shoe to drop.

    Fortunately we have the Greatest Generation that showed us what to do. So let's get busy. In the cities a new movement has been slowly taking hold and the time is ripe for it to blast off across America. City governments need to pass emergency ordinances designating park space for food growing, with the space organized by designated local committees.

    This corona thing, as awful as it is, is an opportunity for a long overdue change in the fragile supply chain which makes large parts of our population hostage to the social chaos which can arise from the mismanagement of the bankers' debt and fiat money economy. No longer are there blank stares or smug smiles when talking prepping, self-sufficiency, and food growing.

    People are away from their Monday Night Sports fixes and they are paying attention. They may never be paying this close attention again.

    Coronavirus may cause some food shortages, warns government task force



    I for one cannot sit still as I watch a freight train coming at me. MORE>>> https://hubpages.com/politics/Food-S...ests-Push?done
    Last edited by James_Madison_Lives; 04-05-2020 at 09:02 PM.



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2

  4. #3
    Good post OP. +rep and agreed
    There are only two things we should fight for.
    One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. - Smedley Darlington Butler

  5. #4
    With Monsanto seeds?
    #NashvilleStrong

  6. #5
    I'm a part of the supply chain and I agree with this. Also, we point fingers at the Chinese Wet Market, but we kind of have our own with animals stacked on top of each other.

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by VIDEODROME View Post
    I'm a part of the supply chain and I agree with this. Also, we point fingers at the Chinese Wet Market, but we kind of have our own with animals stacked on top of each other.
    We have dogs stacked on bats stacked on cats stacked on lizards?

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    We have dogs stacked on bats stacked on cats stacked on lizards?
    Not at my house .

  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by VIDEODROME View Post
    I'm a part of the supply chain and I agree with this. Also, we point fingers at the Chinese Wet Market, but we kind of have our own with animals stacked on top of each other.
    I would be kind of worried that those animals would get into the garden and take all the produce.



  10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  11. #9
    Some of the shortages are people panic buying. China is panic buying food and having shortages. They are going to probably be buying a lot from us. We might have to stop them from causing shortages like with masks...

    From Forbes article linked below.

    US medical supplies broker named Remington Schmidt: "By the end of the day, roughly 280 million masks from warehouses around the U.S. had been purchased by foreign buyers and were earmarked to leave the country, according to the broker — and that was in one day." To his knowledge none of the masks had been purchased by buyers in the U.S. “If you are working with a seller who has masks but you can’t quickly show proof of funds, someone else is going to buy them,” he told me.

    And I watched that happen repeatedly throughout the day. Buyers from state procurement departments and hospital systems expressed desperate need for masks, but the deals bogged down when it came to providing proof that they could commit and follow through. In the meantime, another buyer provided proof of funds and the masks were gone, sometimes within the hour.

    https://www.forbes.com/sites/daviddi...hat-i-learned/

  12. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Some of the shortages are people panic buying. China is panic buying food and having shortages. They are going to probably be buying a lot from us. We might have to stop them from causing shortages like with masks...

    From Forbes article linked below.

    US medical supplies broker named Remington Schmidt: "By the end of the day, roughly 280 million masks from warehouses around the U.S. had been purchased by foreign buyers and were earmarked to leave the country, according to the broker — and that was in one day." To his knowledge none of the masks had been purchased by buyers in the U.S. “If you are working with a seller who has masks but you can’t quickly show proof of funds, someone else is going to buy them,” he told me.

    And I watched that happen repeatedly throughout the day. Buyers from state procurement departments and hospital systems expressed desperate need for masks, but the deals bogged down when it came to providing proof that they could commit and follow through. In the meantime, another buyer provided proof of funds and the masks were gone, sometimes within the hour.

    https://www.forbes.com/sites/daviddi...hat-i-learned/
    People should be methodically stocking up with rice, beans, vitamins, and canned foods right now while the supply chain is running. Don't forget water they will probably find a way to take that too once they can't control us with food. This is a race with the most evil elements of satanic NWO. They have busted their move, they want a good number of us dead. But we can prevail by anticipating their moves. They can't go too fast or the frogs will jump out of the pot.

  13. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by James_Madison_Lives View Post
    People should be methodically stocking up with rice, beans, vitamins, and canned foods right now while the supply chain is running. Don't forget water they will probably find a way to take that too once they can't control us with food. This is a race with the most evil elements of satanic NWO. They have busted their move, they want a good number of us dead. But we can prevail by anticipating their moves. They can't go too fast or the frogs will jump out of the pot.
    I like to keep all the things you mentioned in a 3 month supply. I also keep a dozen Hostess canned ham on hand. The shelf life is 5 yrs.


  14. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I like to keep all the things you mentioned in a 3 month supply. I also keep a dozen Hostess canned ham on hand. The shelf life is 5 yrs.

    What the $#@!. I can't even wipe my ass in comfort because of YOU people.

  15. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    What the $#@!. I can't even wipe my ass in comfort because of YOU people.
    You wouldn't even notice the difference. I rotate out in three to six months increments. A bag of 15 bean soup here, a bag of rice there, etc. and have them for dinner and replace.

  16. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by James_Madison_Lives View Post
    People should be methodically stocking up with rice, beans, vitamins, and canned foods right now while the supply chain is running. Don't forget water they will probably find a way to take that too once they can't control us with food. This is a race with the most evil elements of satanic NWO. They have busted their move, they want a good number of us dead. But we can prevail by anticipating their moves. They can't go too fast or the frogs will jump out of the pot.
    Stocking up is what makes this problem worse. It's what causes shortages. Are you part of the NWO? Who are you working with??? I am reporting you.

  17. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Stocking up is what makes this problem worse. It's what causes shortages. Are you part of the NWO? Who are you working with??? I am reporting you.
    There is a difference between last minute hoarding and prepping while in good times. If you don't prepare in good times, you will add to the stress on the system as you wait in line during the bad times.

  18. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    There is a difference between last minute hoarding and prepping while in good times. If you don't prepare in good times, you will add to the stress on the system as you wait in line during the bad times.
    Buying more than what you need of something during good or bad times and sitting on it is hoarding. This is what makes prices inflate and the government ration the quantities due to shortages.



  19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  20. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Stocking up is what makes this problem worse. It's what causes shortages. Are you part of the NWO? Who are you working with??? I am reporting you.
    No, it's not. Because of my TP stockpile, I'm fine not buying any for months freeing up tp on store shelves for those who choose not to keep extra on hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

  21. #18
    I am planting a helluva garden. I put in 25 lbs of seed potatoes and bought 7 chicks to add to my flock. My kids are loving this.
    Last edited by RJB; 04-06-2020 at 05:09 PM.

  22. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    I am planting a helluva garden. I put in 25 lbs of seed potatoes and bought 7 chicks to add to my flock. My keys D's are loving this.
    As you pointed out in your +rep, yes, I use the canned ham in the 15 bean soup. I don't like the ham on it's own either. But, cut up and added to the soup it works well.
    One of these days I need to get a chicken coop going. But, we have so many friends and neighbors that have them we never have a problem obtaining eggs.

  23. #20
    Hoarders arise because they didn't prepare.

  24. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    Hoarders arise because they didn't prepare.
    This.

  25. #22
    I've got an "A" card, so I'm good.

    Serious trolling going on here.
    There are only two things we should fight for.
    One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. - Smedley Darlington Butler

  26. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I've got an "A" card, so I'm good.

    Serious trolling going on here.
    Yep.

  27. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I've got an "A" card, so I'm good.

    Serious trolling going on here.
    Not trolling. Right now people with extra need to $#@!ing share that's how you defeat your own ideology because when there are no supplies on the shelf the liberals will vote to take stuff from you.



  28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  29. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Not trolling. Right now people with extra need to $#@!ing share that's how you defeat your own ideology because when there are no supplies on the shelf the liberals will vote to take stuff from you.
    Why the guilty conscience? It's obvious that AF was talking about the blatant trolling of Dr.3D.

  30. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    Why the guilty conscience? It's obvious that AF was talking about the blatant trolling of Dr.3D.
    Not guilty. I just feel it because my dad ran a food bank for the last several years of his life. They never have extra and people would get in fights over bathroom supplies and now there are 100x more people going to those.

  31. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Not guilty. I just feel it because my dad ran a food bank for the last several years of his life. They never have extra and people would get in fights over bathroom supplies and now there are 100x more people going to those.
    Absolutely. That's why I am confused that you thought that you were accused of trolling, when it is obviously Dr.3D.

  32. #28
    They're already floating the idea of "War Bonds", so hey why not "Victory Gardens" and all the rest of the WW2 patriotic propaganda too?

    Never mind that farmers are pouring out milk and letting vegetable harvests rot in the sun like the Great Depression already.


    https://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2020...2211585843469/
    Last edited by devil21; 04-07-2020 at 08:42 AM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    The entire internet is the domain of paid shills and bots. If you don't know this by now....

    Israel, under control of the Crown and, ultimately, the Vatican, own the USA. If you don't know this by now....

    Talk to people about liberty. You won't find it on websites, you won't find it in politicians.

    But now you can't talk to people because of "social distancing"....brought to you by shills and politicians.

  33. #29
    Why would there be a food shortage? 99.98% of the country is healthy and does not have this virus. There is no reason for the supply chain to be interrupted besides the government created one.

  34. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    Why would there be a food shortage? 99.98% of the country is healthy and does not have this virus. There is no reason for the supply chain to be interrupted besides the government created one.
    Because a significant portion of the migrant work force that grows and harvests the food is gone and border is closed. I guess we get what we wanted. It's not about hoarding as much as production for the next quarter is coming due and the runs on some groceries when this began is going to have a significant set back on future demand. Also I have read that for some reason farmers are having trouble getting seeds and they are sold out
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever..... just like Trump said.



    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect - Mark Twain

    Fascism Defined

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 147
    Last Post: 01-10-2011, 03:10 AM
  2. Replies: 27
    Last Post: 11-08-2010, 08:24 AM
  3. Food Shortages In US?
    By LibForestPaul in forum Economy & Markets
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-16-2009, 02:08 PM
  4. Food Shortages and Rationing
    By Highstreet in forum Grassroots Central
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-24-2008, 12:25 AM
  5. who is going to plant food gardens this year?.
    By Meatwasp in forum Personal Health & Well-Being
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 03-29-2008, 08:30 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •