Thread: Malibu paddleboarder arrested for violating stay-at-home order

Malibu paddleboarder arrested for violating stay-at-home order

Malibu paddleboarder arrested for violating stay-at-home order

A Southern California paddleboarder was arrested Thursday for allegedly violating the statewide “Safer at Home” coronavirus order, the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department said.

Lifeguards near the Malibu Pier flagged down county deputies from the Lost Hills station after they said the unidentified man ignored their orders to get out of the water, the department wrote on Facebook.

The man stayed in the water off Malibu Pier for another 30 to 40 minutes until deputies sent out a patrol boat.

He swam ashore and was arrested for allegedly disobeying lifeguards and ignoring the stay-at-home order, both misdemeanor charges.
    More: https://www.foxnews.com/us/malibu-pa...-at-home-order
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Good to see the snitch culture is alive and well in the states.

And these idiots are so busy with almost no one out that it took them 40 minutes to get to him? LOL, he coulda just paddled home calmly and not got caught.

He was operating a paddle board within six feet of someone?

If he wasn't within six feet of anyone, what's the problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Charlie don't surf.

Indeed.

That state has been on the Highway to Hell since they hired a TV personality to play their governor.

And they didn't even pick a good one. They swore in an actor so bad he was reduced to hosting Death Valley Days.

It was very irritating seeing a nice swell come through malibu today, with completely empty waves.. I pay for HD livestreams of surf breaks on surfline, they have hundreds, nay, thousands of cameras around the world pretty sure..

The good news is there two guys out at malibu right now, they have it all to themselves!!

Edit: 3 guys out now

You can watch the surfline cams for free, but they only give you about 15 seconds or something if you don't pay. Right now it seems to be running kinda slow, lots of surfers at home watching the cams wanting to go surf somewhere that has good surf and are stuck, not everywhere has good surf right now.. plus LA banned the beach.. Orange County, Ventura County, Santa Barbara County and most of San Diego County beaches are open.

Edit: Most San Diego county beaches have closed, Oceanside was open a couple days ago but I can't see anybody out there now
    Last edited by dannno; 04-04-2020 at 04:46 PM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

I'm also seeing three guys out at sunset beach in LA.. people are defying their government

This will be interesting to watch unfold.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Seen the movie Point Break?

That scene was shot at a restaurant called Neptune's Net next to a beach called County Line. The break is on the Ventura County side of the LA county line (to the north of LA), so surfing is allowed, and that spot has been completely mobbed for the last week since they banned surfing in LA.. even when the waves suck.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    5 dudes out now!!

It's empty.. may have been called in and arrested.

How come the life guards were not arrested ? No need for them to be working an empty beach . California . No hope .

6 guys out

Edit: 7 now

Edit: 8
    Last edited by dannno; 04-03-2020 at 08:10 PM.

Thumbs down Valley Dudes

Quote Originally Posted by CoastieInColorado View Post
    Good to see the snitch culture is alive and well in the states.

And these idiots are so busy with almost no one out that it took them 40 minutes to get to him? LOL, he coulda just paddled home calmly and not got caught.
    Odds are that this was a Valley Dude, so paddling over the hill is not an option.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

https://twitter.com/DonaldJTrumpJr/s...72214406475778
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    6 guys out

Edit: 7 now

Edit: 8
    As petty as the arrest of a single paddle boarder is, as you know, it can get pretty crowded out there. No doubt that is what they are really trying to prevent. 1 leads to 2 leads to 8 leads to 20 leads to 40.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    As petty as the arrest of a single paddle boarder is, as you know, it can get pretty crowded out there. No doubt that is what they are really trying to prevent. 1 leads to 2 leads to 8 leads to 20 leads to 40.
    All they need to do is shut down the big lots at the beach, but keep the beaches themselves open. There is always other places to park, but not many and it is a further walk. That keeps the beaches less crowded. It is working in other places that have plenty of people living near by.

There have been huge crowds at lower trestles and upper trestles in orange county, the surf has been better there too. But that is the best summer swell break in the whole state and we are starting to get summer swells. But they have been a little lower lately because they shut down the big lot they have there. Pretty good crowds at salt creek too. And one of the worst is County Line, since it is right on the north end of Malibu in Ventura County. If they opened up the beaches, there are plenty of surf breaks people can spread out to and park in the streets.
    Last edited by dannno; 04-04-2020 at 12:19 PM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    meanwhile assaults, burglaries, thefts, and car jackings cannot be pursued.

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    Charlie don't surf.

Indeed.

Some Civil Disobedience being planned for nearby..

I'll let you know when it happens.. if it doesn't make noise on it's own.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Costa Rica - Make sure you turn up the volume so you hear the gun shots.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-THoy1Hwd_/

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Costa Rica - Make sure you turn up the volume so you hear the gun shots.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-THoy1Hwd_/
    Wow. I hope that was rubber bullets, and not regular bullets. And I hope the guy with the camera was holding it up from cover, the idiot was aimed right at them!
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 04-13-2020 at 12:39 PM.

https://www.surfline.com/surf-news/s...-surfing/83671

San Clemente Votes to Reopen City Beaches for “Recreational Use” -- Including Surfing
    Community joins Ventura and Santa Cruz in ending ban; other SoCal cities to follow

After two weeks of beach closures in San Clemente, spawned in an effort to curb the spread of COVID-19, the city council has voted to lift the ban and allow access for “recreational use” at city beaches — not state park beaches or San O/Lowers, which remain closed — as early as this upcoming weekend. However, additional parking restrictions will also be instituted to limit mass congregations on the sand.

The decision took place late Tuesday evening. And you can listen to the vote, which passed unanimously, at the 6:17:00 mark below.

It passed unanimously at the 6:17:00 mark below. I scanned through and there was a really good letter that they read out loud at 6:08:20 with all kinds of pro-liberty language including the famous giving away freedom for temporary safety, you have neither quote. Worth a listen. Also, it begins with her describing how the city filled the skatepark with 37 tons of sand, lol..

Last edited by dannno; 04-24-2020 at 11:21 AM.

Encinitas, CA

Did @Suzanimal move to California??

Encinitas mayor responds to protests, shares plan to reopen beaches, trails

https://www.thecoastnews.com/encinit...eaches-trails/

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

https://twitter.com/mandeescandee/st...tas-protest%2F

LA and Ventura County decided to close their beaches for 4th of July weekend.

So my county (well, actually just the Health Supervisor) decided to also, in part because if we didn't we would see a huge influx of out of towners crowding our beaches. The Mayor of the city near me, who I was very much opposed to, actually voted to keep the beaches in the city open. She said it was in part because she didn't want the county beaches crowded, but I still congratulate her bravery for being the deciding vote to keep them open (which didn't matter, because a County Health person closed them anyway).

The weird part is it's not clear what the rules are. They say you can't sit on the beach or stand, but you can go out for water sports - so surfing is ok. But what about walking on the beach? They also insinuate that is not allowed, but they don't include it on what's not allowed.. it's not very clear.

So of course I went down to the beach today. There were signs that the beach was closed and what the rules were, but no enforcement at all. There were people down on the beach sunbathing, hanging out, taking a stroll and sunbathing. So I took a nice long walk with my dog.

Not sure if they are going to step up enforcement tomorrow or not.. But the way I figure it, when the half of the country who supports organizations that say things like, "pigs in a blanket, fry 'em like bacon" and "defund the police" ask the police to enforce a ridiculous and unconstitutional mandate - largely against the other half of the country who actually supports the police - well, you can see where this is going.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    How come the life guards were not arrested ? No need for them to be working an empty beach . California . No hope .
    This. ^^^^^
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi