Thread: A Novel Suggestion

Exclamation A Novel Suggestion

A Novel Suggestion

https://www.ericpetersautos.com/2020...el-suggestion/

By eric - April 2, 202023920

A month ago, most Americans weren’t ready to accept the Green New Deal – and a plethora of green taxes – because they were told the “climate” was supposedly in “crisis.”

A month later, many Americans seem willing to accept anything – even including house arrest in perpetuity – because of green phlegm.

A nasty bug – vs. a very nasty police state. Which do you prefer to risk? The possibility – or the certainty?

In Stalin’s Soviet Union, disagreeing with Stalin was pathologized – as well as criminalized. You were sick if you questioned the regime. An enemy of the people. Today, people who question the assumption of Stalinist powers by the government in the name of sickness are being pathologized – soon to be criminalized. Hut! Hut! Hutted! … for leaving the house.

A few thousand people have apparently died of Corona or with it – a distinction that should be made but isn’t. An 85-year-old who gets sick and dies because he developed pneumonia – because Corona or because the common cold – really died of old age. How many people who are just dying – this happens, every day – are being lumped in with the Corona Dying?

The fact is we don’t know – and have good reason to suspect what we are being told.

There is also a difference between between “cases” reported and the number of people who have – or had – this bug.

The bug seems to be very infectious. So is the common cold. But it also seems to be not-very-lethal, which is really important. Or you’d think it would be.

Most – almost all – who have gotten Corona have recovered from it. On the order of 95-plus percent and quite possibly closer to 98 percent.

This includes, I believe, myself – as well as a large number of people who were never identified as having had it. Who got over it. Without being put on a ventilator or even going to see a doctor. We may have had Corona before the hype about Corona suspended rational discussion.

At any rate, we know the majority of “cases” are not representative of the whole because the whole has not been tested. The cases reported are therefore a stilted sample and by dint of this, the projected death rate is questionable.

We also know that the number of deaths, while significant, aren’t Black Death numbers.

If they were, the police state would not be necessary – because it would be obvious that it was the Black Death. If bodies were stacking up like cordwood, people would bolt their own doors, no “shelter in place” edicts required.

But the bodies are not stacking up. Even in New York City, a city of 18.8 million – where about 1,200 have died, supposedly from (or with) Corona. How many people die in a city of 18.8 million every day – from all kinds of things?

How about one every 9 minutes? That’s how many per day?

Yes, really – from the horse’s mouth itself. This is pre-Corona.

We are being asked – being told, at gunpoint – to accept the near-elimination of every freedom that makes life a life as opposed to merely being alive – by the same people who – just a month ago – had been asking the same for the sake of the “climate crisis.”

This is grounds for extreme suspicion – and caution. Not about the bug.

About them. Their motives. Their selective fact-picking (and fact-ignoring). Their leveraging of fear to achieve what didn’t sell before.

It is nothing less than halting how many people – of all political persuasions – are unquestioning. Are placidly acceding to essentially dictatorial control. Both the fact of it and the precedent of it.

Watching Netflix and chilling as the economy implodes. Come next winter they may indeed be chilling – because they’re outside, living in a tent. Or because there’s no heat inside, if they’re still living in the house they can’t make the mortgage or rent on anymore.

This alone will cause something Corona hasn’t – mass and massive hardship – possibly mass death by starvation and general impoverishment. One hundred years ago, children routinely died for want of basic sanitation and nutrition. We are about to return to 100 years ago. How does the hot water flow and the ‘fridge stay full when mom and dad are broke and the power has been turned off, which it will be, inevitably. Just as the rest of the Free Things will eventually stop flowing when no one is producing them anymore – even if the Fed is printing.

We are risking the destruction of civilization – this is not hyperbole – because a few thousand people have died of or with Corona. About 25 percent of whom are elderly and vulnerable to the common cold inducing pneumonia – and another large percentage with underlying health problems.

And because more may.

This is reasonable to you?

It isn’t to me. Just as pre-Corona I was arguing the unreasonableness of the extreme (because unjustified by the facts) “solutions” urged to prevent the “climate crisis.”

What has changed to suspend critical thinking and cost-benefit analysis to this insane degree?

Even if The Worst Case Scenarios – dialed back already – do come true, the imposition of a police state that ranks with Stalin’s Soviet Union – where people were at least still free to go outside – is not worth it.

Because living in a gulag is not living. It is existing. And that ought to make Americans sick.

I don’t wear a helmet while I ride a motorcycle because the the “increased safety” isn’t worth it to me – and so I don’t wear one. Or wouldn’t if I were allowed not to.

Increasingly, no one is allowed to do anything. Because we are not permitted to make risk-reward assessments for ourselves anymore, these risks being invariably low, the rewards invariably high.

Hence the need to not allow us to take the risks. We might get ideas.

Might actually live our own lives again.

Where does “the government” – these people who control the apparat of government and have armed enforcers at their beck and call – get the moral right to make risk-reward assessments for anyone, ever?

Whether buckling up for saaaaaaaaaafety – or a police state because saaaaaaaaaaaaaafety?

Here’s a novel idea: Let those among us who are willing to risk Corona enjoy the rewards of living as free men and women; if we get sick, we’ll deal with it – and as part of the deal, we agree to not impose any “costs” on those “concerned” about the risks of the bug.

In exchange for the “concerned” not imposing their cost on us, before they even exist.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 04-04-2020 at 01:20 AM.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

A Novel Suggestion

[...]
    Sorry, eric. The only novel suggestion the wolves and their sheep are interested in is 1984.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    A Novel Suggestion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DY7pipZGUkg

By eric - April 2, 202023920

A month ago, most Americans weren’t ready to accept the Green New Deal – and a plethora of green taxes – because they were told the “climate” was supposedly in “crisis.”

A month later, many Americans seem willing to accept anything – even including house arrest in perpetuity – because of green phlegm.

A nasty bug – vs. a very nasty police state. Which do you prefer to risk? The possibility – or the certainty?

In Stalin’s Soviet Union, disagreeing with Stalin was pathologized – as well as criminalized. You were sick if you questioned the regime. An enemy of the people. Today, people who question the assumption of Stalinist powers by the government in the name of sickness are being pathologized – soon to be criminalized. Hut! Hut! Hutted! … for leaving the house.

A few thousand people have apparently died of Corona or with it – a distinction that should be made but isn’t. An 85-year-old who gets sick and dies because he developed pneumonia – because Corona or because the common cold – really died of old age. How many people who are just dying – this happens, every day – are being lumped in with the Corona Dying?

The fact is we don’t know – and have good reason to suspect what we are being told.

There is also a difference between between “cases” reported and the number of people who have – or had – this bug.

The bug seems to be very infectious. So is the common cold. But it also seems to be not-very-lethal, which is really important. Or you’d think it would be.

Most – almost all – who have gotten Corona have recovered from it. On the order of 95-plus percent and quite possibly closer to 98 percent.

This includes, I believe, myself – as well as a large number of people who were never identified as having had it. Who got over it. Without being put on a ventilator or even going to see a doctor. We may have had Corona before the hype about Corona suspended rational discussion.

At any rate, we know the majority of “cases” are not representative of the whole because the whole has not been tested. The cases reported are therefore a stilted sample and by dint of this, the projected death rate is questionable.

We also know that the number of deaths, while significant, aren’t Black Death numbers.

If they were, the police state would not be necessary – because it would be obvious that it was the Black Death. If bodies were stacking up like cordwood, people would bolt their own doors, no “shelter in place” edicts required.

But the bodies are not stacking up. Even in New York City, a city of 18.8 million – where about 1,200 have died, supposedly from (or with) Corona. How many people die in a city of 18.8 million every day – from all kinds of things?

How about one every 9 minutes? That’s how many per day?

Yes, really – from the horse’s mouth itself. This is pre-Corona.

We are being asked – being told, at gunpoint – to accept the near-elimination of every freedom that makes life a life as opposed to merely being alive – by the same people who – just a month ago – had been asking the same for the sake of the “climate crisis.”

This is grounds for extreme suspicion – and caution. Not about the bug.

About them. Their motives. Their selective fact-picking (and fact-ignoring). Their leveraging of fear to achieve what didn’t sell before.

It is nothing less than halting how many people – of all political persuasions – are unquestioning. Are placidly acceding to essentially dictatorial control. Both the fact of it and the precedent of it.

Watching Netflix and chilling as the economy implodes. Come next winter they may indeed be chilling – because they’re outside, living in a tent. Or because there’s no heat inside, if they’re still living in the house they can’t make the mortgage or rent on anymore.

This alone will cause something Corona hasn’t – mass and massive hardship – possibly mass death by starvation and general impoverishment. One hundred years ago, children routinely died for want of basic sanitation and nutrition. We are about to return to 100 years ago. How does the hot water flow and the ‘fridge stay full when mom and dad are broke and the power has been turned off, which it will be, inevitably. Just as the rest of the Free Things will eventually stop flowing when no one is producing them anymore – even if the Fed is printing.

We are risking the destruction of civilization – this is not hyperbole – because a few thousand people have died of or with Corona. About 25 percent of whom are elderly and vulnerable to the common cold inducing pneumonia – and another large percentage with underlying health problems.

And because more may.

This is reasonable to you?

It isn’t to me. Just as pre-Corona I was arguing the unreasonableness of the extreme (because unjustified by the facts) “solutions” urged to prevent the “climate crisis.”

What has changed to suspend critical thinking and cost-benefit analysis to this insane degree?

Even if The Worst Case Scenarios – dialed back already – do come true, the imposition of a police state that ranks with Stalin’s Soviet Union – where people were at least still free to go outside – is not worth it.

Because living in a gulag is not living. It is existing. And that ought to make Americans sick.

I don’t wear a helmet while I ride a motorcycle because the the “increased safety” isn’t worth it to me – and so I don’t wear one. Or wouldn’t if I were allowed not to.

Increasingly, no one is allowed to do anything. Because we are not permitted to make risk-reward assessments for ourselves anymore, these risks being invariably low, the rewards invariably high.

Hence the need to not allow us to take the risks. We might get ideas.

Might actually live our own lives again.

Where does “the government” – these people who control the apparat of government and have armed enforcers at their beck and call – get the moral right to make risk-reward assessments for anyone, ever?

Whether buckling up for saaaaaaaaaafety – or a police state because saaaaaaaaaaaaaafety?

Here’s a novel idea: Let those among us who are willing to risk Corona enjoy the rewards of living as free men and women; if we get sick, we’ll deal with it – and as part of the deal, we agree to not impose any “costs” on those “concerned” about the risks of the bug.

In exchange for the “concerned” not imposing their cost on us, before they even exist.
    Hear, hear, Eric. That guy needs to be here.

I swear to God, I thought politics revealed a lot about how to identify the $#@!ing enemy but this virus $#@! has revealed SOOOOOOO much more about who people are.
    My two daughters and I were gang-raped by some of the Newcomers. It landed us in the hospital for 3 weeks as several bones were broken. I don't blame them, it was a sexual emergency and I wasn't about to go all white privilege and deny them the release they needed, especially after being stuck in a hotel for months. I see the Newcomers as family now. They are on our side and will help us stop Trump. It is a small price to pay. Anything but Trump.

-GLP poster

Wait a minute - that video in your OP, AF - I thought the your text was the transcript of it until I opened it. Are you Eric?
    My two daughters and I were gang-raped by some of the Newcomers. It landed us in the hospital for 3 weeks as several bones were broken. I don't blame them, it was a sexual emergency and I wasn't about to go all white privilege and deny them the release they needed, especially after being stuck in a hotel for months. I see the Newcomers as family now. They are on our side and will help us stop Trump. It is a small price to pay. Anything but Trump.

-GLP poster

And all to make a teenage in Sweden happy.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Wow, I'd say his best to date. I re posted it on my Minds channel.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post

I find that picture disturbing.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    She looks like she'd boil your pets alive with you watching if given the opportunity.

<shudders>

Quote Originally Posted by CoastieInColorado View Post
    Wow, I'd say his best to date. I re posted it on my Minds channel.
    I still don't know if AF is Eric but I guess so. I posted it in a thread at GLP and got a "100% best post" remark about it.

-GLP poster

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Sorry, eric. The only novel suggestion the wolves and their sheep are interested in is 1984.
    Brave New World. A scientific technological dictatorship.

-GLP poster

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Anti Federalist again.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by susano View Post
    I still don't know if AF is Eric but I guess so. I posted it in a thread at GLP and got a "100% best post" remark about it.
    Lol, AF's real name is not Eric...

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Anti Federalist again.
    I covered you. Even put "for Danno" in the note

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    LOL that's why I chose it. LOL I find it disturbing too.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

LOL - Thanks, I appreciate being placed in the same caliber.

But no, I am not Eric.

Eric lives in SW VA.

I am in NH.

Just a fan and contributor to his site.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If this goes on much longer there will be civil unrest.

Things will take care of themselves. Just be prepared as I suspect there will be a revolt.
    Pledge to donate to Rep. Thomas Massie on 4/20: (http://FundPatriotsDay.com)

Donate to Rep. Thomas Massie on 4/20 (http://ThomasMassie.com)

Follow Me on twitter: @MassieBomb

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    LOL - Thanks, I appreciate being placed in the same caliber.

But no, I am not Eric.

Eric lives in SW VA.

I am in NH.

Just a fan and contributor to his site.
    Thanks for clearing that up! Can you link the site? I'm now wondering if he's with that VA citizens group (can't recall the name).

It was so eloquent. Reminded me of reading the Founders.

-GLP poster

Thanks for clearing that up! Can you link the site? I'm now wondering if he's with that VA citizens group (can't recall the name).

It was so eloquent. Reminded me of reading the Founders.
    Oh damn, thanks for pointing that out, I see I didn't post the correct link. OP is fixed

https://www.ericpetersautos.com/2020...el-suggestion/

@Anti Federalist you rep ho! You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Anti Federalist again
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post

Reported for posting child torture porn.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Reported for posting child torture porn.