Results 1 to 21 of 21

Thread: How long is everyone here generally prepped for? Two weeks? More?

  1. #1

    How long is everyone here generally prepped for? Two weeks? More?

    Looks like the preppers ready for Doomsday are having the last laugh. While the first weeks after the shutdown was a rush to the supermarkets in search of food and toilet paper, looks like things have calmed down for now. At least until markets announce they can't stay open because their employees won't come to work anymore, and Trump announces it will be another two months..

    So I'm wondering what is everyone ready for? Two weeks? A month? Did the preppers make you see the light and you are ready for more? Taking a pulse on American preparedness for SHTF. It hasn't yet you know.



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2
    End of summer if I do nothing...

  4. #3
    one year

    It wouldn't be fun, though.

  5. #4
    Not concerned. A virus that 99.9 or more percent of people don't have is not going to disrupt the supply chain. Food is still being produced and delivered. Panic buying has just created temporary shortages.

  6. #5
    End of Summer this hopefully wont last long i dont think a lot of sports and jobs are going to survive.
    The fact that there are some gaming studios delaying some video games is a problem.
    We love Milk and bread thankfully the local markets here are still open at least for now.

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    Not concerned. A virus that 99.9 or more percent of people don't have is not going to disrupt the supply chain. Food is still being produced and delivered. Panic buying has just created temporary shortages.
    I agree with you Panic buying doesn't help anyone and if anything it was idiotic.

    Food is still being produced and delivered
    Food supply is becoming a problem in Italy.

  8. #7
    Can never be long enough . Do all you can . Always . Land , Water , Food , fire , Ammo . Sharpen your knives and tighten your belt . Remember , at least you have clean clothes and Danke is in dirty sweats . Be grateful .

  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    End of Summer this hopefully wont last long i dont think a lot of sports and jobs are going to survive.
    The fact that there are some gaming studios delaying some video games is a problem.
    We love Milk and bread thankfully the local markets here are still open at least for now.
    LOL you forgot liquor.



  10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  11. #9
    I could probably go a few months if I had to, I would want some more toilet paper, but this thing isn't going to last that long.. the weather is heating up, there are drugs to combat this thing, it isn't that bad to begin with and Trump wants to get the economy going. He just needs to make some arrests first of the deep state foot soldiers, so we gotta few weeks of secret ops and we will be ready to go.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

    "Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    "Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

  12. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    I could probably go a few months if I had to, I would want some more toilet paper, but this thing isn't going to last that long.. the weather is heating up, there are drugs to combat this thing, it isn't that bad to begin with and Trump wants to get the economy going. He just needs to make some arrests first of the deep state foot soldiers, so we gotta few weeks of secret ops and we will be ready to go.
    This virus will go away on its own. Airlines on the other wont be the same as before if anything airlines allowed the spread i think it might take a while before airline tourism becomes a thing again.

    I dont think people will be flying again for a little while.

  13. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    This virus will go away on its own. Airlines on the other wont be the same as before if anything airlines allowed the spread i think it might take a while before airline tourism becomes a thing again.

    I dont think people will be flying again for a little while.
    One of the biggest expenses for an airline is fuel. Fuel is extremely cheap now. I think the prices to fly will be so low when things come back online, there will be plenty of demand for travel. There are a lot of people who aren't buying the bull$#@!. The brainwashed people will stay home for a while.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

    "Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    "Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

  14. #12
    If in one week this continues. I am

    1. Buying about a dozen tomato plants
    2. Buying all ingredients to make about 40 loaves of homemade bread in the bread machine.
    3. Buying at least a month of canned and long term storage goods
    4. Buying a Bidet for my bathroom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever..... just like Trump said.



    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect - Mark Twain

    Fascism Defined

  15. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    If in one week this continues. I am

    1. Buying about a dozen tomato plants
    2. Buying all ingredients to make about 40 loaves of homemade bread in the bread machine.
    3. Buying at least a month of canned and long term storage goods
    4. Buying a Bidet for my bathroom.
    Your tomatoes will all come ripe at the same time. Do you know how to can? You need special jars. Web is full of excellent sites on canning.

  16. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by James_Madison_Lives View Post
    Your tomatoes will all come ripe at the same time. Do you know how to can? You need special jars. Web is full of excellent sites on canning.
    i can't can....but never say never. I might stagger them a few weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever..... just like Trump said.



    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect - Mark Twain

    Fascism Defined

  17. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    i can't can....but never say never. I might stagger them a few weeks.
    Tomatoes can be water-bath canned, no need to pressure cook because of the acid.

  18. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    i can't can....but never say never. I might stagger them a few weeks.
    Don't bother to stagger tomatoes. They are limited by the available growing season. Start buying or looking for jars and lids now. In a pinch, you can use used commercial jars with twist on lids for one or two more canning cycles.

    If you like peppers, you can dice and freeze them or can them like pickles.

    If you like pickles, they are easy. Start buying vinegar now as well.
    Last edited by sparebulb; 04-03-2020 at 06:04 PM.



  19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  20. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    Don't bother to stagger tomatoes. They are limited by the available growing season. Start buying or looking for jars and lids now. In a pinch, you can use used commercial jars with twist on lids for one or two more canning cycles.

    If you like peppers, you can dice and freeze them or can them like pickles.

    If you like pickles, they are easy. Start buying vinegar now as well.
    Brine works well for both pickles and peppers...

  21. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Brine works well for both pickles and peppers...
    Yes, if fact I mix them together sometimes.

  22. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    Yes, if fact I mix them together sometimes.
    Love spicy pickles!

  23. #20
    Not far enough... this may be the year I build a chicken coup.

    Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

  24. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by shakey1 View Post
    Not far enough... this may be the year I build a chicken coup.
    My grandfather keeps a dozen laying hens. I told him a few weeks ago that if things got bad he would always have steady supply of eggs. I read in some chicken keeping book that eggs contain all essential nutrients except Vitamin C.



Similar Threads

  1. Announcing My Website Prepped Nation, A Vision
    By James_Madison_Lives in forum Freedom Living
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-20-2016, 08:41 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-19-2015, 09:17 PM
  3. How Congress was prepped to dismiss 'birthers'
    By lynnf in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-12-2010, 07:00 PM
  4. Papers prepped to disbar Elena Kagan
    By lynnf in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-28-2010, 06:24 PM
  5. Devon Generally for Senate - PA
    By weslinder in forum 2010 Planning
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-18-2009, 05:38 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •