Thread: March 2020 Firearm Background Checks Shatter Single Month Record

Exclamation March 2020 Firearm Background Checks Shatter Single Month Record

March 2020 Firearm Background Checks Shatter Single Month Record

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...-month-record/

AWR HAWKINS 2 Apr 2020

FBI figures released Wednesday show March 2020 shattered the single month record for the number of National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) checks conducted in one month.

FBI numbers account for 3,740,688 background checks last month, shattering the record of 3,314,594, set in December 2015; the only other time NICS checks crossed the three million threshold for a single month.

Moreover, the number of checks conducted in March 2020 represent a nearly 30 percent increase over the number conducted in March 2019, and that period witnessed the second highest number of checks of any March in history up to that point.

For many reasons background checks alone cannot be used to determine the number of guns sold.

For example, a check is conducted on the person, not the gun. Also, a person can buy more than one gun on passing a check, so the number of checks may be far below the number of guns sold.

And many states regularly run their concealed concealed permit holders through NICS checks to be sure criminal records remain clear. First-time permit applicants are also run through the NICS system.

Each month, the National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF) “[subtracts] out NICS purpose code permit checks and permit rechecks used by states for CCW permit application checks as well as checks on active CCW permit databases” to come up with a baseline of checks for gun sales.

After adjusting for permit checks and renewals the NSSF reported a figure of 2,375,525 NICS checks for March 2020 versus 1,317,114 for March 2019. Those figures show an 80.4 percent increase in background checks in March 2020 versus March 2019.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Comes as no surprise to me.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

And I sincerely hope all of these new and otherwise continuing gun owners seek out appropriate training and practice at ranges as necessary.
    Also, I hope they all buy a safe and/or find other ways to keep their children and others away from the guns who shouldn't have them.

Let's practice our second amendment responsibly.
    Welcome to the R3VOLUTION!

People are going to get $1200, that's like a free gun from the government.
    FJB

Two weeks of record unemployment , 3.3 million then 6.6 million . People have time to do things they should have done before .

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

New KELTEC RDB s For me!
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Started in early February or so with the long waits, I bought one at Sportsman's Warehouse and the check took 15 minutes to go through and the clerk then was commenting it was taking longer and longer over the previous weeks.

Besides our stupid magazine laws, Colorado's pretty good on guns overall, walk in, background check, pay and walk out with any gun. I'll probably get that AR10 I've been wanting now with it.

Now I hear people are waiting weeks for it to go through.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.