Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AOC: '$1200 is not enough'

AOC: '$1200 is not enough'

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1245760655568842755
    Pledge to donate to Rep. Thomas Massie on 4/20: (http://FundPatriotsDay.com)

Donate to Rep. Thomas Massie on 4/20 (http://ThomasMassie.com)

Follow Me on twitter: @MassieBomb

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Of course it’s not enough. You voted yourself a raise.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    How much was their raise?

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    They also get the $1,200 on top. It’s good to be King 👑

While everyone sits back and laughs as if we are living in pre-virus times there are millions of people that live pay check to pay check that are unable to work. The state unemployment systems are not prepared to handle the load and the federal checks are far off.

No job or no state or federal handout, means no money. What do you think is going to happen when these people run low on food?

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    While everyone sits back and laughs as if we are living in pre-virus times there are millions of people that live pay check to pay check that are unable to work. The state unemployment systems are not prepared to handle the load and the federal checks are far off.

No job or no state or federal handout, means no money. What do you think is going to happen when these people run low on food?
    I guess they should pull themselves up by the bootstraps even if the government cut the bootstraps.

I am against hand-outs from the government, but if the government deprives someone their means to make a living for their families...

I agree...I'm going to need about 10K
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Depending on where you live, $1200 is about one bi-weekly paycheck (pre-tax) at minimum wage, or just a little more than that. The collective price of that one paycheck is about $2T added to the public debt, which really means inflation (money-printing and subsequent rise in the real cost-of-living). Just like the helicopter money George Bush mailed to everybody, this whole thing is a charade and its true purpose is to act as popular hush-money while the crooks in Wall St., the Fed and the US government once again cook the books to cover up their many financial crimes over the last couple of decades.

Keep in mind that inflation is one of the most regressive of all taxes. An increase in the basic cost-of-living (gas, food, clothing, utilities, and so on) has no noticeable effect on the upper middle-class and wealthy. It only hurts those in the middle class and below. And the old whopper that "incomes rise with inflation, too" intentionally overlooks the obvious fact that incomes rise well after consumer prices rise. Any small business owner knows that increasing outlays now and only increasing revenues later is a sure recipe for eventual bankruptcy.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    I guess they should pull themselves up by the bootstraps even if the government cut the bootstraps.

I am against hand-outs from the government, but if the government deprives someone their means to make a living for their families...
    Yeah it's a real tough one.

What about charity and foodbanks etc?

Can they fill the gap?

Economic indicators are suggesting that there are upcoming negative shocks to the food supply and production system. Fewer migrants who account for a tremendous amount of farm labor. Plus seed companies sold out and farmers having trouble getting them. The next harvest projections might not have figured in the run on food this spring. Bumpy ride coming.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

The stimulus check is like handing someone on the sinking Titanic a pale to dip the water out. The boat is still sinking. as long as our economy is needlessly shutdown we are sinking. Don't send me a $1,200 check. Give me access 2 masks, gloves and testing. Give that to everyone. Solve the problem and get the country back to work. But that's not what they want.

Perhaps forgiveness of all taxes owed, income & property during the crisis.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    Yeah it's a real tough one.

What about charity and foodbanks etc?

Can they fill the gap?
    You are right, it's tough. I have no good answers. Flooding an economy with new money is horrible. Causing businesses to fail by forcing them to close is horrible. Families getting eviction notices because the man is not allowed to work...

There are tough times ahead no matter what happens. The best answer I have is to be prepared the best you can.

I am planting potatoes, radishes, peas, spinach, carrots and onions in my yards over the next few days. I bought seven hens. That's the best answer that I have.

My wife also filled out an online form for a small business grant. @ sba.gov I believe

Quote Originally Posted by shakey1 View Post
    Perhaps forgiveness of all taxes owed, income & property during the crisis.
    I asked for forgiveness of a $50 fine for a mistake made on my state corporate taxes. I explained my financial situation as a result of the pandemic and told the female rep that the $50 would be used for food. No chance and if I did not pay I was threatened with more fines.

I am planting potatoes, radishes, peas, spinach, carrots and onions in my yards over the next few days. I bought seven hens. That's the best answer that I have.

My wife also filled out an online form for a small business grant. @ sba.gov I believe
    Just finished my SBA EIDC application. Small businesses get a 10k grant that is paid within 3 days and is NOT required to be repaid even if you don't get approved for the loan. My opinion is that the government directly caused my loss with all this panic over nothing so I am entitled to compensation.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    Just finished my SBA EIDC application. Small businesses get a 10k grant that is paid within 3 days and is NOT required to be repaid even if you don't get approved for the loan. My opinion is that the government directly caused my loss with all this panic over nothing so I am entitled to compensation.
    Did it really take "two hours and ten minutes" to fill out of the online application like the site says?

Did it really take "two hours and ten minutes" to fill out of the online application like the site says?
    My wife did it in about 15 minutes.

FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Pay Increase Sheltered in Relief Funds

How much was their raise?
    According to Page 781 of the CARES Act, $25,000,000 is reserved to the House for "Salaries and Expenses," which equates to a pay increase of over $57K to each member.

Some apologists for the act have tried to explain away the pay increase by saying that the $25M is towards efforts for dealing with COVID-19; however, in the clause where it says that, it also mentions that $5,000,000 will be used towards that end. To me, the language says that the House gets $25M for pay increases and an additional $5M to deal with the Coronavirus pandemic.
    "Then David said to the Philistine, 'You come to me with a sword, a spear, and a javelin, but I come to you in the name of Yahweh of hosts, the God of the battle lines of Israel, Whom you have reproached.'" - 1 Samuel 17:45

"May future generations look back on our work and say that these were men and women who, in moment of great crisis, stood up to their politicians, the opinion-makers, and the Establishment, and saved their country." - Dr. Ron Paul

No about 15 minutes

How much does AOC think it should be ? I think the govt should not have shut business down and left all protective measures to them .

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    How much does AOC think it should be ? I think the govt should not have shut business down and left all protective measures to them .
    The government did not shut businesses down, they have zero-zip authority. It is the brainwashed - brain dead people who shut their own businesses down, due to state-run propaganda.

The government has no authority to shut businesses down. Government run offices and facilities perhaps, but not businesses.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Same argument people like her use for the minimum wage: it's never enough.

The only caveat with this scenario is that governments have forcibly shut down businesses, so yea, I think everyone should get their money back.
    Welcome to the R3VOLUTION!

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Okie RP fan View Post
    Same argument people like her use for the minimum wage: it's never enough.

The only caveat with this scenario is that governments have forcibly shut down businesses, so yea, I think everyone should get their money back.
    Maybe a full tax rebate for the proceeding year. What do you think?

AOC wants $2k/month sent out .

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    The government did not shut businesses down, they have zero-zip authority. It is the brainwashed - brain dead people who shut their own businesses down, due to state-run propaganda.

The government has no authority to shut businesses down. Government run offices and facilities perhaps, but not businesses.
    I am sure that your business in Fantasyland is just packed with customers who see that you are both a virus and quarantine free zone. You should hold seminars and charge people whose businesses are failing so they too can rake in the cash.
    Last edited by RJB; 04-02-2020 at 06:47 PM.

Maybe a full tax rebate for the proceeding year. What do you think?

AOC wants $2k/month sent out .
    Regarding the tax rebate, I don't know. Doesn't sound like a bad idea. I've pondered other ways to get money back to the people but I think realistically given the situation, direct checks are probably best at this current moment, more so for timing. Now, how often those come and to what amounts, those items can definitely be debated.
    Welcome to the R3VOLUTION!

I am sure that your business in Fantasyland is just packed with customers who see that you are you are both a virus and quarantine free zone. You should hold seminars and charge people whose businesses are failing so they too can rake in the cash.
    You are right of course. The average customer has bought into the virus paranoia. I am still open but have not made a sale since the 3rd of last month. It is dead. My industry in general is off 80%. I am classified as an essential business and not required to close. I would not have complied with any closure order regardless.

I'm not going to fail. I'm good at what I do and have run my business well. I have sufficient cash reserves to last this out even if it went on years. Regardless of that I have no qualms with taking the $10k EIDC grant. The government caused my losses with their panic and I deserve to be compensated for my loss.

I expect a small bump in sales when the $1200 checks go out. Then probably another month of nothing until the government and media declare victory over the great virus overreaction of 2020.

I am still open too, but my business has crashed as well. I will still be around, but will tighten my belt a lot. I know quite a few close friends who probably won't weather this storm very well.

It shows how pampered we are as a society that many have no idea how this will affect the business owner. They will realize it when McDonald's and KFC are the only restaurants they can take their dates out to for fine dining in the next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    You are right of course. The average customer has bought into the virus paranoia. I am still open but have not made a sale since the 3rd of last month. It is dead. My industry in general is off 80%. I am classified as an essential business and not required to close. I would not have complied with any closure order regardless.

I'm not going to fail. I'm good at what I do and have run my business well. I have sufficient cash reserves to last this out even if it went on years. Regardless of that I have no qualms with taking the $10k EIDC grant. The government caused my losses with their panic and I deserve to be compensated for my loss.

I expect a small bump in sales when the $1200 checks go out. Then probably another month of nothing until the government and media declare victory over the great virus overreaction of 2020.

I am still open too, but my business has crashed as well. I will still be around, but will tighten my belt a lot. I know quite a few close friends who probably won't weather this storm very well.

It shows how pampered we are as a society that many have no idea how this will affect the business owner. They will realize it when McDonald's and KFC are the only restaurants they can take their dates out to for fine dining in the next year.
    Yes, my town has mainly small businesses. Mostly touristy shops and eateries. They are all going to be wiped out by this if tourist season is delayed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast