Thread: 6.6 million apply for unemployment

6.6 million apply for unemployment

3.3 last week, then 6.6 today. Just a guess but I'll predict 9.9 announced next week.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/02/econo...rus/index.html

New York (CNN Business)The last three weeks have marked one of the most devastating periods in history for the American job market, as first-time claims for unemployment benefits have surged more than 3,000% since early March.
    Businesses continue to lay off and furlough workers amid the coronavirus outbreak.
    6.6 million US workers filed for their first week of unemployment benefits in the week ending March 28, according to the Department of Labor — a new historic high.
    That was far greater than economists had expected, and more than 3,000% the pre-pandemic levels. Unemployment claims at this level suggest a severe job market decline hardly any American alive has ever seen in their lifetimes.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is actually not really unemployment as we normally think of it. Most states have a temporary option when there is some sort of crisis like a weather event or, in this case, a pandemic when a lot of businesses are forced to close. These people will go back to work when the crisis is over, and will likely go back to their same job. I had this experience in 2010 after the flood when many businesses closed and had to do serious cleaning and repair for several weeks. I went right back to my job as soon as the place reopened.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Got the number itself wrong but the gist was correct. Numbers games by the usual suspects.

Quote Originally Posted by last week's unemployment total
    There were 6,606,000 initial unemployment claims for the week ending April 4.
    (eta: for those that don't know, the numbers are fake and are only signals to other insiders.)
    Last edited by devil21; 04-16-2020 at 06:47 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book