Thread: Is It Time To End The Shutdown?

Is It Time To End The Shutdown?

Is It Time To End The Shutdown?

Yesterday the Mises Institute published a brilliant article titled "End the Shutdown," making the point that continuing the "house arrest" of Americans and the shutdown of the economy will have much worse consequences than the coronavirus itself. With the infection to fatality ratio at about the rate of the seasonal flu (as per a new Lancet study), is the continued destruction of American economic and social life worth it?

Mises Institute article: https://mises.org/wire/end-shutdown
    Does the Church Belong to Cesar? http://ronpaulinstitute.org/archives...ong-to-caesar/
    Lancet article: https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...243-7/fulltext

Please help keep the Liberty Report on air. Make a tax-deductible donation to the Ron Paul Institute:
    www.RonPaulInstitute.org/support
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "... With the infection to fatality ratio at about the rate of the seasonal flu (as per a new Lancet study) ..."
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

In some areas I would think. Leave it up to the State authority. Especially if they have an adequate means of monitoring the contasgion and the resources necessary to handle a surge.