Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Long term seasonality of deaths - more people are dying in winter than in summer

  1. #1

    Lightbulb Long term seasonality of deaths - more people are dying in winter than in summer

    Just a little bit of perspective: More people are dying in winter than in summer, every year. That itself has nothing to do with Covid19.
    Death rates are seasonal and affected by respiratory illnesses (influenza!, covid19 etc), depression, lack of sunlight and social contacts etc.

    The real question is: Are current death rates above the long term average?

    As you can see below, there are about 260k deaths during winter months in the US. The current total death toll since January of Corona is: 4000
    4000/260000 = 0.015 = 1.5% of deaths. RIP to the other 98.5% as well!

    The fluctuation of deaths by year is much bigger than 1.5%.

    Here is a long term monthly chart from 1980-2017

    And here is the relative distribution by months:

  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2
    The two things that have not been confirmed so far that are concerning is the possibility of this virus being something that is reinfectable and that some individuals don't carry symptoms. The other one is infertility in men.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-18-2012, 02:34 PM
  2. Short term loss, long term win. Romney has been dethroned!
    By RonPaulFever in forum Ron Paul Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-21-2012, 07:03 PM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-24-2011, 09:15 PM
  4. Dubious Assumption #6: Short-term efficiency causes long-term growth.
    By tangent4ronpaul in forum Economy & Markets
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-10-2011, 10:10 PM
  5. Short Term AND Long Term: It's not one or the other!
    By pinkmandy in forum Grassroots Central
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-13-2008, 10:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts