Thread: VA: Governor Blackface issues stay-at-home order

VA: Governor Blackface issues stay-at-home order

Breaking news..

RICHMOND, Va. -- Virginia Governor Ralph Northam issued a stay-at-home order Monday. The order would still allow for people to leave their homes for certain essential activities like shopping for food and seeking medical treatment.

"Please stay home as much as possible," Governor Northam urged Virginians. "This is a community-wide effort and I thank you for complying. This is a time of sacrifice. We need everyone to take this seriously and act responsibly."

In addition, the executive order directs all Virginia colleges to stop in-person classes, private campgrounds must close for short-term stays, and beaches will be closed statewide except for fising and exercise.

“Our message to Virginians is clear: stay home. We know this virus spreads primarily through human-to-human contact, and that’s why it’s so important that people follow this order and practice social distancing," Governor Northam said. "I’m deeply grateful to everyone for their cooperation during this unprecedented and difficult time.”

The order will remain in effect until June 10, unless amended or rescinded before then.

The order comes after state health officials revealed Monday more than 1,000 Virginia had tested positive for the virus which has killed, to date, 25 people in Virginia.
    https://www.wtvr.com/news/coronaviru...-2-p-m-presser
    Last edited by Warlord; 03-30-2020 at 12:51 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    VA in lockdown until June 10th

WTF?

That is ridiculous...

June? How can a governor expect his state to survive 2 and half months with no economic activity? This is insanity.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    June? How can a governor expect his state to survive 2 and half months with no economic activity? This is insanity.
    He is seriously stupid. I predict civil unrest.

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    He is seriously stupid. I predict civil unrest.
    From the speech I watched, he didn't really distinguish what the difference is except now he's given "The" Order. He said people can go out for essentials, work and to "exercise". People can still gather in groups of 10 and parks are still open. Lol. That's what we've been doing. It's just been ..."hey please do this".
    When asked whether people will be arrested, he did the shuck and jive dodge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever..... just like Trump said.

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect - Mark Twain

Fascism Defined