Thread: How to make your own masks

How to make your own masks

If you are so inclined, here are instructions on how to make your own mask out of fabric. This is written in german though, so you'll have to go by the pictures (skip to page 3 of this PDF):
    https://media.essen.de/media/wwwesse...wehr_Essen.pdf

If anyone comes across other mask-making instructions please post in this thread. Personally though, if I feel the need to have an emergency mask (and I actually don't at this time), I will just tie a bandana around my face (and look very cool).

UPDATE: Now that two people I know have caught the virus (and one - with pre-existing conditions - has died of a heart attack brought on by the virus) in the future, if I go out I will definitely cover my face with something.
    Last edited by Valli6; 04-04-2020 at 09:00 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I understand a bit of german but had to use the translator.

you need Breathable, permeable, heat-resistant cotton fabric and some wire.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

A great resource. The Open Source COVID19 Medical Supplies Facebook Group.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/open...oup_highlights
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Why bother with a mask? I currently as a US citizen have a 0.044% chance of infection and a .00007 chance of death from this virus. If this was Vegas I would bet every penny I had that I will be fine. With my geographic location my chances of infection are even lower.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    Why bother with a mask? I currently as a US citizen have a 0.044% chance of infection and a .00007 chance of death from this virus. If this was Vegas I would bet every penny I had that I will be fine. With my geographic location my chances of infection are even lower.
    Some are making masks for others. I know of healthcare workers who were using paper towels and rubber bands for masks. I just shipped them some actual n95 respirators but my supplies are starting to run low.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Some are making masks for others. I know of healthcare workers who were using paper towels and rubber bands for masks. I just shipped them some actual n95 respirators but my supplies are starting to run low.
    That makes sense, there is never anything wrong with voluntary donation.

Face Masks, Face Shields and... a home-made Ventilator!

Instructables has quite a few.

These are made from; Filter Fabric or other cloth, Wire, Sewing supplies, Electrical Tape
    https://www.instructables.com/id/Medical-Mask

This one allows you to insert a non-woven filter.
    I wonder if certain types of non-woven weed barrier fabric (aka landscaping fabric) are an effective filter material?
    Made from; Paper, elastic, 1/4 yard cotton or cotton blend fabric, pipe cleaner
    https://www.instructables.com/id/Adj...or-Non-woven-/

More masks and face shields:
    https://www.instructables.com/id/DIY-Face-Mask-Projects

This person designed a homemade ventilator!
    “Goal for this project is to create a Homemade Medical Ventilator from the materials we have available all around for low price so that we can reproduce it anywhere fast.”
    https://www.instructables.com/id/Hom...al-Ventilator/

Here it is in action:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pGB...ture=emb_title

The funny thing is I have a mask! i bought some product years ago to kill bugs and it came with a mask and plastic gloves. I never once thought i'd need it...

Its basically a face mask with a plastic thing in the center which i assume allows you to breathe,

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yet we still have neoconservative comedian Jesse Watters and some supposed Doctor telling us to just wash our hands.

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Per registered decision, member has been banned for violating community standards as interpreted by TheTexan (respect his authoritah) as authorized by Brian4Liberty Ruling

May God have mercy on his atheist, police-hating, non-voting, anarchist soul.
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 06-07-2020 at 02:59 PM.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

Quote Originally Posted by Valli6
    I will just tie a bandana around my face (and look very cool).
    I do this along with soaking it in colloidal silver with a cotton gauze pad pinned between the layers for easy disposal. I look very cool as usual.

Not all Doctors agree with the WHO and the Surgeon General about the value of masks.

https://twitter.com/SteveYChungMD1/s...81223823761409
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

from my first post 5 days ago:
    …Personally though, if I feel the need to have an emergency mask (and I actually don't at this time)...
    Now that two people I know have caught the virus (and one of them who had pre-existing conditions - has died of a heart attack brought on by it) in the future, if I go out again, I will definitely cover my face with something.

I've been thinking about hot stamping them with two large soup ladles out of tripled landscape fabric, trim, attach elastic, and hot glue an aluminum nose bridge = N95.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    I've been thinking about hot stamping them with two large soup ladles out of tripled landscape fabric, trim, attach elastic, and hot glue an aluminum nose bridge = N95.
    Yeah, I was thinking about landscaping fabric - the real filtery kind that's used to stop dirt from clogging up the gravel you put in to create some drainage - or you put it under pavers. I have half-used rolls of the stuff around somewhere.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I've heard that the blue ZEP Poly fiber technology Industrial Towels can be used too. You can get them in rolls of 75 at Home Depot.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

I'm buying a sewing machine tomorrow. This is the design I'm going to try.

I like the Olson design because it has a pouch where you can put a filter.

This DIY mask is so good, you can't even smell bacon when wearing it.

A couple of really good 3D printed mask designs.

Couple weeks ago I got 3 pairs of masks in the mail that were made by one of my neighbors. The sentiment was nice, but I highly doubt I'll be using them.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Apparently, I'll have to wear one to work next week so I took some Crown Royal bags and made masks. I have one in Apple, Peach, and Vanilla - don't have one in the classic purple...yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

So where does one get a mask for people with a big bushy beard?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    So where does one get a mask for people with a big bushy beard?
    Crown Royal bags. Mr A cut his so the bottom of the bag holds his beard, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    A couple of really good 3D printed mask designs.

Well, there you have the proof! YouTube censors stuff because they JUST WANT PEOPLE TO DIE!!

Where's the SJW outrage? Where's Antifa? Oh, the humanity!
    Last edited by acptulsa; 04-22-2020 at 04:50 PM.
    We believe our lying eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Crown Royal bags. Mr A cut his so the bottom of the bag holds his beard, lol.
    Like this one?

Now I wonder where I get get one of those bags.
    Last edited by Dr.3D; 04-22-2020 at 05:22 PM.

Facebook has all these videos on how you can make your own masks... the lore now can be added to!

Yet we still have neoconservative comedian Jesse Watters and some supposed Doctor telling us to just wash our hands.

What a turnaround. The officials and politicians told us that masks don't help, and it's all about washing your hands. Now they have done a 180 on both of those positions. Now there is no surface transmission, and masks are important. I;ll agree with that, because it has been my position the entire time.

https://twitter.com/USAB4L/status/1263676606150778886