Thread: NC in Lockdown

NC in Lockdown

Add it to the list...

https://twitter.com/unseen1_unseen/s...34455169904640

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Per registered decision, member has been banned for violating community standards as interpreted by TheTexan (respect his authoritah) as authorized by Brian4Liberty Ruling

May God have mercy on his atheist, police-hating, non-voting, anarchist soul.
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 06-07-2020 at 02:04 PM.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

Sigh. My state. I am a Missouri boy, but my wife dragged me here.

Quote Originally Posted by Voluntarist View Post
    According to the model projections, North Carolina has 25 days until it reaches its peak on April 22nd. Somewhere between 69 and 87 people will die on that day (bringing the total to that date to somewhere between 707 and 1,195). There will be a need for 7,811 hospital beds that day, but only 7,125 are available (leaving 686 people in makeshift hospital rooms). Of those hospital beds, 1,173 will be needed in Intensive Care, but only 567 are available (leaving 606 people out of luck). There will be a need for 633 ventilators (sorry, don't have any figures on how many are available).

By August 4th, the death toll is projected to be up to a mean value of 2,411.

We'll see how good the models turn out to be.
    Those projections are baloney sausage. I’ll be surprised if North Carolina breaks 700 total COVID-19 deaths. Bear in mind they might start using the Italian model of testing car crash fatalities and if they pop positive attributing COVID as contributory. All signs currently point to these models being based on extreme alarmism. Even the originators of the alarmist models are walking it back pretty hard now.

Per registered decision, member has been banned for violating community standards as interpreted by TheTexan (respect his authoritah) as authorized by Brian4Liberty Ruling

May God have mercy on his atheist, police-hating, non-voting, anarchist soul.
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 06-07-2020 at 02:05 PM.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

I get the fact that they don't trust us commoners with the truth. They don't understand or trust us and they are right about a small number of us. For example, they change the name because they don't want the virus associated with the Chinese people, because they believe that we will be hunting down Asian folks in armed groups and doing them harm. They don't want us to know that this virus is taking down 30 year old folks who are otherwise healthy either, so we won't panic. Just like they lied to us about industrial hemp because acknowledging it's benefits would send "the wrong message" about pot. Which, they also lied to us about as well, because it is a "gateway drug". Then they are perplexed by how many kids decided that if they lied about that then they also probably lied about heroin and crack, and became addicted.

But when the truth finally gets out, and so far it always has. Then their credibility is lost and when we can't trust them to tell us what is going on....that, I think is the real peril

And That Pulmonolgist has some undisputible creds. His patient reviews alone speak to his character.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yeah, they have been lying to us to keep us safe again. smh
    But I agree that this is probably sound advice for now.

It's really not that funny of a thing, wishing you all good health.

This is not the most deadly virus there is but it's very easily spreadable and if the healthcare system is overloaded the mortality rate rises significantly, that's all.
    "I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    It's really not that funny of a thing, wishing you all good health.

This is not the most deadly virus there is but it's very easily spreadable and if the healthcare system is overloaded the mortality rate rises significantly, that's all.
    Nobody said it was “funny,” what I am saying is that the media is blowing this 100x out of proportion to reality. Even in Europe. Even in Italy, morbidity is only some 20% above “normal” morbidity. That’s obviously not good, nobody wants death rates 20% above normal for four months. But 20% above normal IS NOT THE APOCALYPSE. It’s just not.