Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 31

Thread: Can anyone find a health status update on Rand? [Update: Tested Negative for virus]

  1. #1

    Can anyone find a health status update on Rand? [Update: Tested Negative for virus]

    I can't find any updates on how he's doing, and I can't help but believe it's probably because he's asymptomatic and it would hurt the narrative to see someone not get sick at all, especially since Tom Hanks is pulling out of it with no issues.

    IOW this is a gigantic nothingburger, and I take the lack of news as evidence.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2
    He just tweeted (meh, obviously his team) in defense of Massie. But I'm sure Rand is ok, the guy is a doctor, he'll survive. The medications that China, and SK have used are being used in hospitals across the country. Wouldn't be hard for Rand to access if needed.
    @Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF :
    DNCIA-SB (Soros, Brennan)
    CLINTON-PELO-SCHIFF
    NYT-CNN-SOCIALIST

  4. #3
    I am not really so concerned with his health.
    I want to know
    1. Has he actually gotten sick
    2. If so, how bad was it

    To be clear, there is a potential case here of someone who actually does meet the high risk criteria, not even getting sick.
    If that's the case then the models everyone is using are crap, because it means the number infected is likely way in excess of what is being reported. That would mean the fatality rate is also a fraction of what is being reported.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

  5. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    I am not really so concerned with his health.
    I want to know
    1. Has he actually gotten sick
    2. If so, how bad was it

    To be clear, there is a potential case here of someone who actually does meet the high risk criteria, not even getting sick.
    If that's the case then the models everyone is using are crap, because it means the number infected is likely way in excess of what is being reported. That would mean the fatality rate is also a fraction of what is being reported.
    fatality rates increase when you are not social distancing. It becomes fatal at higher viral counts. You pack a bunch of people in an enclosed space like work conditions and have them breathe on each other they will share the viruses with each other and get sicker.

  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    fatality rates increase when you are not social distancing. It becomes fatal at higher viral counts. You pack a bunch of people in an enclosed space like work conditions and have them breathe on each other they will share the viruses with each other and get sicker.
    Is this theory anecdotal, peer-reviewed or just something you made up?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

    "Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    "Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Is this theory anecdotal, peer-reviewed or just something you made up?
    Viral count higher after increased exposure to hosts that produce viruses and viral surfaces and exposure to stuff that lowers your immune system. It reproduces easier in some people's bodies. It can stay on hard surfaces for 17 days and airborne for hours especially with a lot of viral people in an enclosed space. The medicine Trump touted as a hopeful treatment reduces the viral reproduction.

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Viral count higher after increased exposure to hosts that produce viruses and surfaces and exposure to stuff that lowers your immune system. It reproduces easier in some people's bodies. It can stay on hard surfaces for 17 days and airborne for hours especially with a lot of viral people in an enclosed space. The medicine Trump touted as a hopeful treatment reduces the viral reproduction.
    Ya I am sure it doesn't help, but I don't think that the negative impact of shutting down the economy offsets the benefits - except possibly in areas where there may be more serious problems. I don't know if we have seen that yet in this country, though.

    Since it is an unknown I can see why people might want to take a more cautious approach, but it's looking like with medications and everything we will have this well under control.
    Last edited by dannno; 03-29-2020 at 11:10 PM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

    "Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    "Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Ya I am sure it doesn't help, but I don't think that the negative impact of shutting down the economy offsets the benefits - except possibly in areas where there may be more serious problems. I don't know if we have seen that yet in this country, though.
    If millions die is that good for the economy? it would of wiped out millions. The amount of deaths we have right now map that millions would of died through lack of medicine.



  10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  11. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    If millions die is that good for the economy? it would of wiped out millions. The amount of deaths we have right now map that millions would of died through lack of medicine.
    I haven't seen any evidence that the fatality rate is more than .05%, which is about half the rate of the flu. I admit it could be higher, and it could be higher than the flu. I just haven't seen any evidence, and so far the numbers point to something like that.. but we really won't know until they have an antibody test so they can test to see what % of the population actually caught it and may have shown mild or no symptoms, then compare that with the number of deaths.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

    "Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    "Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

  12. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    I haven't seen any evidence that the fatality rate is more than .05%, which is about half the rate of the flu. I admit it could be higher, and it could be higher than the flu. I just haven't seen any evidence, and so far the numbers point to something like that.. but we really won't know until they have an antibody test so they can test to see what % of the population actually caught it and may have shown mild or no symptoms, then compare that with the number of deaths.
    That's the thing if you think someone can have it and not have symptoms it's more complicated than that. If that's true that's horrible. That means someone could potentially walk around with viral rates that make their coughs and sneezes deadly to a huge amount of people over a large population. What I have seen based on reports is potentially symptoms and fatality increase with viral count. So social isolation is a stopgap we can take until we can reduce overall viral count in the entire population.

  13. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    That's the thing if you think someone can have it and not have symptoms it's more complicated than that. If that's true that's horrible. That means someone could potentially walk around with viral rates that make their coughs and sneezes deadly to a huge amount of people over a large population. What I have seen based on reports is potentially symptoms and fatality increase with viral count. So social isolation is a stopgap we can take until we can reduce overall viral count in the entire population.
    It's horrible for a tiny percentage of the population.. if the fatality rate is half that of the flu, then it is not worth shutting down the economy unless people do it voluntarily through education and personal decisions.

    For the most part this is destructive.. but it is going to end up in the destruction of the deep state which is anti-destructive so I'm just playing along.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

    "Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    "Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

  14. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's horrible for a tiny percentage of the population.. if the fatality rate is half that of the flu, then it is not worth shutting down the economy.
    Based on the reports it's horrible for a huge amount of the population with a high viral count. It's so contagious it would go to everyone. That's why we are lowering the viral count by stopping it from reproducing. We did this as a stop gap otherwise hospitals would of been over ran and we wouldn't have enough medicine. People would of died from other stuff and not getting healthcare because of all of the people that you say aren't a big enough of the population. A lot of the people dying and getting deathly sick in the hospital would of been on medicare crashing the system.

  15. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Based on the reports it's horrible for a huge amount of the population with a high viral count. It's so contagious it would go to everyone. That's why we are lowering the viral count by stopping it from reproducing. We did this as a stop gap otherwise hospitals would of been over ran and we wouldn't have enough medicine. People would of died from other stuff and not getting healthcare because of all of the people that you say aren't a big enough of the population. A lot of the people dying and getting deathly sick in the hospital would of been on medicare crashing the system.
    Ya I dunno if it would have been all that bad. There are plenty of places with very few problems. Utah has like 100+ known cases and 4 deaths, is it worth shutting down their economy for that? Do we shut down the economy every time there is some type of new virus?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

    "Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    "Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

  16. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Ya I dunno if it would have been all that bad. There are plenty of places with very few problems. Utah has like 100+ known cases and 4 deaths, is it worth shutting down their economy for that? Do we shut down the economy every time there is some type of new virus?
    The numbers being reported are not accurate. If we can't fix our healthcare system we might as well but that's not what happened. This virus shut down the world trade and threatened our access to life saving medicines like antibiotics and insulin.

  17. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    The numbers being reported are not accurate. If we can't fix our healthcare system we might as well but that's not what happened. This virus shut down the world trade and threatened our access to life saving medicines like antibiotics and insulin.
    The numbers of what are not accurate? Deaths?

    We know the number of deaths are pretty accurate, and we know the number of confirmed cases are pretty accurate to what cases have been confirmed. What we don't know is how many actual cases there are because people with less symptoms or no symptoms aren't being tested.

    If this number is anywhere close to the flu, then this is much less deadly. If more people are being tested who are getting it than the flu, despite the fact that testing is not very available widespread, then it may be close to the same or a little higher.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

    "Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    "Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

  18. #16
    So my RN sister went to work in NY because they were going to give her almost a year's pay to do a 3 month contract. (Also, she said the southern VA hospitals don't have their $#@! together even as much as they do in NY, and so she didn't want to be around there if it happens...)
    I talked to her for over an hour about what's going on there.

    The greater NYC area is apparently really a lot worse off than events in your particular town might lead you to believe. IOW the fact that it's not a huge problem down the street from you is not an indicator of the seriousness of the issue. They are apparently converting entire wards right now. All elective surgeries and even some surgeries that are necessary are being postponed.

    However, it is still affecting mainly older people and particularly those with complications.

    She says they have almost no child cases - they seem to get it and roll out of it without a problem.

    She also said it's hitting the Hispanic communities really hard. She said this is likely because they tend to be living in more cramped conditions, and they also have a much more close-knit community.

    More to the point of this thread, she said the current medical consensus is that if you get the virus, you will get sick. She did say that one of the issues they're having is with false positives, and it seemed to her like that made the reports from the rest of the world even more unreliable. So my takeaway was, the misreporting actually can go both ways.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.



  19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  20. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    The numbers of what are not accurate? Deaths?

    We know the number of deaths are pretty accurate, and we know the number of confirmed cases are pretty accurate to what cases have been confirmed. What we don't know is how many actual cases there are because people with less symptoms or no symptoms aren't being tested.

    If this number is anywhere close to the flu, then this is much less deadly. If more people are being tested who are getting it than the flu, despite the fact that testing is not very available widespread, then it may be close to the same or a little higher.
    This is way more contagious than the flu therefore more deadly. The flu can't kill you if you don't catch it.

  21. #18
    Any update on Rand?
    "The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." —Jeff Cooper

    Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.

  22. #19
    Bump.

    Nothing in the media. Does anyone have an update?
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

    Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

  23. #20
    Bump
    "The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." —Jeff Cooper

    Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.

  24. #21
    Pledge to donate to Rep. Thomas Massie on 4/20: (http://FundPatriotsDay.com)

    Donate to Rep. Thomas Massie on 4/20 (http://ThomasMassie.com)

    Follow Me on twitter: @MassieBomb





  25. #22
    Nice!
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

    "Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    "Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

  26. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    Everybody is sporting the lockdown beard ...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul
    They are what they hate.” - B4L


    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

  27. #24

    'Rand Paul Recovers from Coronavirus, Volunteering at Hospital'

    JOSHUA CAPLAN 7 Apr 2020
    ...Paul, an eye surgeon, is volunteering at TriStar Greenview Regional Hospital in Bowling Green while the Senate is on a break amid the coronavirus outbreak. Paul worked in emergency rooms early in his career as a physician, his office said.

    The hospital’s CEO, Mike Sherrod, said Tuesday that the senator is “lifting the spirits of patients and our colleagues” by volunteering.

    “We appreciate Senator Paul and his support in recognizing our healthcare workers and providers at TriStar Greenview for their unwavering response to the COVID-19 pandemic,” he said in a statement.

    https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...ng-at-hospital



  28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  29. #25
    !!!!
    "The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." —Jeff Cooper

    Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.

  30. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Everybody is sporting the lockdown beard ...
    Beard? I'm getting ready to sport the lockdown mullet if I don't get a cut soon. starting to look like I did in the 70's. here's a pic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever..... just like Trump said.



    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect - Mark Twain

    Fascism Defined

  31. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    Beard? I'm getting ready to sport the lockdown mullet if I don't get a cut soon. starting to look like I did in the 70's. here's a pic.

    No danger of that for me. My hair's been almost down to my ass for decades. It may be getting a little thinner than it was but it's still just as long.
    Chris

    "Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

    "...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

  32. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    Beard? I'm getting ready to sport the lockdown mullet if I don't get a cut soon. starting to look like I did in the 70's. here's a pic.
    You're Donny Osmond????

  33. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    Looks good!


  34. #30
    Rand looks so cute in a beard and his doc clothes. He looks happier, too.

    I'm a little - no a lot - disturbed though, as I want to hear from him on the COMMUNIST DICTATORSHIP being imposed on us. He knows corona virus not as prevalent as the flu and that this is a scamdemic to implement Gates' Satanic plans. And, notice he said "coronavirus" and not "COVID-19".
    You've got Sharia patrols in the USA..?

    No, not in America, only in the big cities. there are no americans there, only democrats.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Update On Adam Kokesh Status
    By donnay in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 152
    Last Post: 05-24-2013, 04:39 PM
  2. CNN's Awkward FB Status Update
    By frickettz in forum Ron Paul Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-18-2011, 05:59 AM
  3. Please update your Facebook status
    By teacherone in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-11-2011, 11:27 AM
  4. MD-4 Status Update
    By jumpyg1258 in forum Maryland
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-04-2008, 11:57 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •