Thread: So when is government going to make "sacrifices", like property tax payments for instance?

Exclamation So when is government going to make "sacrifices", like property tax payments for instance?

Eric Peters hits a home a run with this article.

Sacrifices

https://www.ericpetersautos.com/2020/03/25/sacrifices/

By eric - March 25, 2020

I am wondering whether the government which is prohibiting us from earning a living will prohibit itself from filching our pockets for money we haven’t been allowed to earn.

It seems only fair.

I am thinking, specifically, about the property taxes I and millions of others are forced to pay on the property we supposedly own – i.e., our homes and land. I am about to get another four figure bill for what I somehow “owe” on the house/land I paid for in full some 15 years ago. I get these bills every six months – the annual sum “owed” broken into two installments to make it a bit less crippling, in the manner of punching a man in the stomach but letting him rest awhile, to recover, before you punch him in the face.

But how am I – how are any of us – supposed to pay when we have been ordered not to earn?

I was supposed to speak about automated driving technology – taking the con side – at a debate in New York City. I would have earned a sum sufficient to pay what I “owe.”

I was not allowed to go pick cotton in the fields, as it were – and now the Massa wants his cotton.

Millions of Americans are going to find themselves in this position very soon.

How now, brown cow – literally.

We are their cows. But a cow runs out of milk if locked in a pen.

It is loathsome enough that we are prevented from ever truly owning our homes and land – since you do not truly own what you are forced to make endless payments on, those payments made to people – “the government” – who are the actual owners of what you are allowed to pretend is your property, since they will evict you from their property, if you fail to pay them.

It is a tax more evil and vicious than the income tax, which can theoretically be avoided by simply not earning income – which would be entirely feasible if you owned property that wasn’t subject to endless taxation and therefore could get by without income.

But the property tax forces us to generate income ongoing – in order to pay the tax – in order to not be evicted from what we childishly imagine to be “our” place. It makes it almost impossible for most of us to ever stop working since what we “owe” typically amounts to thousands of dollars every year, forever.

But now the government is making us not work – taking away our ability to work. Which is going to leave many of us with no means of paying what we “owe.”

This is intolerable. It requires sacrifices.

By them.

The people who are “the government.” The takers and order-barkers and threaten-to-kill-us people who use us – under duress – as field hands, allowed to keep some of what we create provided we obey what they say. This includes the make-workers who are paid by the government which takes from us to provide it. The overseers and liveried attendants on the ol’ plantation.

The bureaucrats and government day-care indoctrinators (i.e., “teachers”) and, of course, the armed government workers who enforce it all.

If we are forbidden to earn then it is only reasonable they be forbidden to take it.

What about the children? The schoooooooolls are important!

And so is the roof over my head – and my preference to eat.

I despise the property tax as the moral outrage it is but it rises to something unspeakably evil when it amounts to property confiscation – which is what is going to happen to millions of Americans who would have been able to pay this extortion if they had not been told they must not go to work.

That they are subject to a Hut! Hut! Hutting! if they dare to do business.

Shelter in Place – i.e., house arrest. In a house that these same people – “the government” – will take from you for themselves after you fail to pay what they claim you “owe,” which owing never ends.

There will be a payment holiday, perhaps? It is insufficient – because the work being destroyed isn’t going to magically reappear weeks, months – years – from now. The amount “owed” will be floating around, waiting to fly into your mailbox.

The sum “owed” must either be drastically reduced – or vitiated altogether. The people who are the government must sacrifice, also. Or are some animals, as always, more equal than others?

If they are, then there will be blood. It is beyond endurance to be mulcted by people who believe they have the right to take as much of whatever we have as they please – including our homes, if we fail to pay them – and then deny us, at gunpoint, the ability to generate the income necessary to pay them.

They cannot have it both ways. Not, at any rate without acceptance by us of de-Kulakization – look it up, if you’re unfamiliar with the term.

It may come down to defense of our property against these two-legged locusts. Which could be the one good thing that comes out of this slow-rolling train wreck, if the principle is re-established that a man’s home is his castle, once he’s paid for it.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The People should have been more concerned about Private Property Rights, Contract Rights, than rallying about giving other people’s property away to the fed.gov to control for their safety.

Eminent domain, elimination of contract rights, “social distancing”, putting companies and people out of work and onto the government dole, papers please, etc. etc.

“Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

No matter one’s rationale, it all catches up in the end. That’s just the way life goes.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

It's hard to get wound up over property tax when it only costs me $3,800/year while I pay $38,000/year in income tax. Making it even less of an issue is my property tax gets put to much better use and much less is wasted. That isn't to say local governments don't waste. Public schools are a joke. It is just that the fed's are on an entirely different level of waste.

I understand you can lose your house if you don't don't pay property tax, but the same goes if you don't pay your income tax, plus there is jail time. It seems pointless to complain about property tax when there is the outrage that is income tax. You aren't going to sway many people until you convince them of the injustice of income tax first.

I must say the notion of owing "property tax" which primarily funds state schools - which are CLOSED nationwide - burns my ass at a hotter temperature than normal.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by Grandmastersexsay View Post
    It's hard to get wound up over property tax when it only costs me $3,800/year while I pay $38,000/year in income tax. Making it even less of an issue is my property tax gets put to much better use and much less is wasted. That isn't to say local governments don't waste. Public schools are a joke. It is just that the fed's are on an entirely different level of waste.

I understand you can lose your house if you don't don't pay property tax, but the same goes if you don't pay your income tax, plus there is jail time. It seems pointless to complain about property tax when there is the outrage that is income tax. You aren't going to sway many people until you convince them of the injustice of income tax first.
    Property tax negatively effects people who don't earn enough to pay fed income tax . It is immoral . Fed income tax is allowed to be collected to use for the items listed in Article one Section eight . Property tax is required of the old and infirm , disabled . mentally ill , physically handicapped who are unable to earn money .It is an offense before God .
    Last edited by oyarde; 03-27-2020 at 11:21 AM.

out
    of
    their
    cold
    overfed
    Rigor mortis
    mouths
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Government makes sacrifices every single day. Those sacrifices are us.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Don't worry, Comrade Peters. After government breaks you and steals everything you own from your home to your stock certificates, it will issue you an apartment.
    (as long as your behavior improves).
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Per registered decision, member has been banned for violating community standards as interpreted by TheTexan (respect his authoritah) as authorized by Brian4Liberty Ruling

May God have mercy on his atheist, police-hating, non-voting, anarchist soul.
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 06-07-2020 at 02:05 PM.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

Sweet Meteor o’ Death sounding better?

May the insect or lizard people that take our spot on the evolutionary ladder fair better. Monkeys with nukes.

Our city council has not added one police officer, paramedic, firefighter, or supported the equipment they need. But they think we need a soccer stadium.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Just another form of theft by the goobermint... yeah, they’re not letting up on that one.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows