Thread: How The Police State Uses Crises To Expand Lockdown Powers, With John Whitehead

How The Police State Uses Crises To Expand Lockdown Powers, With John Whitehead

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

"Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

The worst part is that this is not hypothetical but does affect our lives directly!

I'm not that worried about a permanent loss of civil liberties because I think it's self correcting in the unlimited democracy we have now. Civil liberties affect the majority of voters so unless we go full dictatorship I don't think it'll happen for too long.

What I'm more worried about is an assault on the already persecuted minority of producers. Because they are a small minority, and they are the ones that create wealth for the rest of us, I'm afraid they're going to get crushed in the aftermath of this crisis. The quickest path to becoming a third world nation is to start raiding or even worse nationalizing big businesses. They're already fleeing the country and this will probably make it much worse.

Along those line I'm also worried about a big wealth redistribution plan. If we get high or even hyperinflation, there's going to be a small minority of people coming out of it with a majority of the wealth. They're going to have a target on their back. I can just imagine a politician promising to take from the minority of "traitors" who invested in gold and foreign companies and give it to the majority of "patriots" who loaned money to the US.