Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Ron Paul is not allowed in my HS yearbook!

  1. #1

    Ron Paul is not allowed in my HS yearbook!

    My senior yearbook quote was supposed to be “Don’t steal, the government hates competition”-Ron Paul, however I was recently informed that it was removed and replaced with a generic quote. The yearbook staff and school administration screen all senior quotes and remove those that are hate speech, inside jokes, and references to drugs/sex/violence. I figured that there would be a slight possibility of it being removed, however I am still disappointed.

    P.S. There is a possibility that I could speak at graduation, any ideas of how to work the quote into a graduation speech?



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2
    Find a better Ron Paul quote. Seems simple to me. He says a lot of great things. And be glad you are having graduation. A lot of kids aren’t going to get to walk.
    #NashvilleStrong

  4. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by liberty_nc View Post
    My senior yearbook quote was supposed to be “Don’t steal, the government hates competition”-Ron Paul, however I was recently informed that it was removed and replaced with a generic quote. The yearbook staff and school administration screen all senior quotes and remove those that are hate speech, inside jokes, and references to drugs/sex/violence. I figured that there would be a slight possibility of it being removed, however I am still disappointed.

    P.S. There is a possibility that I could speak at graduation, any ideas of how to work the quote into a graduation speech?
    Truth is treason in an empire of lies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    DACA S**thole Dreamers - Make America Great Again?

  5. #4
    Truth is treason is the best!

    Good luck.

  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    Find a better Ron Paul quote.
    'Setting a good example is a far better way to spread ideals than through the force of arms.'--Ron Paul

    'Our country's founders cherished liberty, not democracy.'--Ron Paul
    Last edited by acptulsa; 03-26-2020 at 02:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I don't really care if I happen to be wrong about your positions, you are wrong about mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    My tax dollars paid to fund ISIS and make fake beheading videos. Are you saying we shouldn't get our monies worth??

  7. #6
    Some good ones here @acptulsa

    https://www.brainyquote.com/authors/ron-paul-quotes

    This one is a bit controversial:

    When things go badly, individuals look for scapegoats. I just do not believe that barbed-wire fences or guns on our border will solve any of our problems.

    Ron Paul

  8. #7
    Demand to see their written policy and explain to you how the quote provided violates that policy.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    Find a better Ron Paul quote. Seems simple to me. He says a lot of great things. And be glad you are having graduation. A lot of kids aren’t going to get to walk.
    Well that’s where the possibility comes in, we may not have graduation. I could see a ceremony in July or something if this declines with the summer.

    For the others, their policy is that removed quotes cannot be replaced with another quote of your choosing. The yearbook staff replaces it with a generic quote.



  10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  11. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    'Setting a good example is a far better way to spread ideals than through the force of arms.'--Ron Paul
    I love this. A HS yearbook quote is about inspiring your classmates, not making a political statement. This is perfect and would be a very nice theme for a speech.
    #NashvilleStrong

  12. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    I love this. A HS yearbook quote is about inspiring your classmates, not making a political statement. This is perfect and would be a very nice theme for a speech.
    I like that quote, thank you to those who mentioned it. If I am able to speak at graduation, I will try to incorporate that into my speech. I think that it would be a good message to include in a speech, with the bonus of being able to include Ron Paul. One of my former science teachers is a big Ron Paul guy and I’m sure he will love it. As for making political statements in the yearbook, they are allowed and fairly common. Nowadays, at least in my high school, yearbook quotes are more of a personal message of who you are. I found “Don’t steal, the government hates competition” to be fairly nonpartisan in comparison to other allowed political quotes, as both left and right can find something they don’t like about government in general. I am disappointed that they removed the quote as their quote removal policy appears to be inconsistent.



Similar Threads

  1. Rick Santorum Santorum's tragic yearbook photo
    By Dianne in forum 2012 Presidential Election
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-19-2012, 01:27 PM
  2. Replies: 32
    Last Post: 11-09-2011, 02:24 PM
  3. Ron Paul YEARBOOK Ad for high school
    By jaw117 in forum Grassroots Central
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-29-2008, 12:48 AM
  4. Ron Paul YEARBOOK Ad for high school
    By jaw117 in forum Project Help Wanted
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-27-2008, 11:08 PM
  5. Ron Paul Yearbook Quote
    By MRoCkEd in forum Advertising Projects
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-20-2007, 05:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •