Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rand Paul has tested positive for COVID-19

Quote Originally Posted by flaversaver View Post
    People are #ucking sick in the head. God I hate social media. Can we just start America over? Maybe this virus is our Noah's Ark.
    Twitter is awful. Thankfully, most of society doesn't pay attention to it.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I wonder where he got it? They are trying to say at a March 7th event since a woman there tested positive on the 8th. He was tested on ~21st. How can he have it for about 2 weeks and not show symptoms?

Quote Originally Posted by tebowlives View Post
    I wonder where he got it? They are trying to say at a March 7th event since a woman there tested positive on the 8th. He was tested on ~21st. How can he have it for about 2 weeks and not show symptoms?
    Mitt Romney gave it to him on the 20th?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.

attacks

(from a story a the hill)
    ...After McConnell’s announcement, Sen. Jerry Moran (R-Kan.) made an observation to his colleagues during the lunch: that he had seen Paul in the Senate gym just that morning.

The disclosure sparked two questions: Why was the Senate gym still operating while gyms across the country have shuttered, and why had Paul decided to come to the Capitol even though he was awaiting test results?

"I’ve never commented about a fellow Senator’s choices/actions. Never once. This, America, is absolutely irresponsible. You cannot be near other people while waiting for coronavirus test results. It endangers others & likely increases the spread of the virus," Sen. Kyrsten Sinema (D-Ariz.) tweeted on Sunday.

Sen. Kevin Cramer (R-N.D.) added that Paul’s decision to come to the Senate gym was “peculiar.”

“He’s a physician. He’s able to do his own risk assessment, and he evidently miscalculated,” Cramer said. “People have self-quarantined for less.”...
    Who are these jerkoffs?

Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post

Who are these jerkoffs?
    In just one week, America has become one big cult.

The decimation of civil liberties, the social shaming, the fearmongering, the psychological abuse...all will do way more harm than any virus ever could!

You can't even cough anymore without fear that someone will call the cops on you! This is not America!

Quote Originally Posted by trey4sports View Post
    Make sure to stay away from Ron and Carol! Speedy recovery Senator Paul.
    In this time, can we stop telling people what to do with their own family? If his dad or mom wants to see him its their right, and their choices.

Quote Originally Posted by tebowlives View Post
    I've read that you can have it for weeks before symptoms show up. Sometimes people remain relatively asymptomatic, for whatever reason.

Statement from Senator Rand Paul 3/23/20

https://www.paul.senate.gov/news/sta...ator-rand-paul
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
    March 23, 2020

WASHINGTON, D.C. – Today, U.S. Senator Rand Paul (R-KY) released the following statement:

“Given that my wife and I had traveled extensively during the weeks prior to COVID-19 social distancing practices, and that I am at a higher risk for serious complications from the virus due to having part of my lung removed seven months ago, I took a COVID-19 test when I arrived in D.C. last Monday. I felt that it was highly unlikely that I was positive since I have had no symptoms of the illness, nor have I had contact with anyone who has either tested positive for the virus or been sick.

“Since nearly every member of the U.S. Senate travels by plane across the country multiple times per week and attends lots of large gatherings, I believed my risk factor for exposure to the virus to be similar to that of my colleagues, especially since multiple congressional staffers on the Hill had already tested positive weeks ago.

“As for my attendance at the Speed Art Museum fundraiser on March 7, unlike the other Kentucky government officials there, I had zero contact or proximity with either of the two individuals who later announced they were positive for COVID-19. The event was a large affair of hundreds of people spread throughout the museum.

“There was an announcement by the Museum and Metro Louisville Communicable Disease department that “those who public health officials consider at higher risk from possible exposure are being notified.” Louisville’s health director put out a statement in The Courier Journal that “most of the people at the Speed Ball were at ‘very minimal risk.’” I was not considered to be at risk since I never interacted with the two individuals even from a distance and was not recommended for testing by health officials.

“I believe we need more testing immediately, even among those without symptoms. The nature of COVID-19 put me – and us all – in a Catch-22 situation. I didn’t fit the criteria for testing or quarantine. I had no symptoms and no specific encounter with a COVID-19 positive person. I had, however, traveled extensively in the U.S. and was required to continue doing so to vote in the Senate. That, together with the fact that I have a compromised lung, led me to seek testing. Despite my positive test result, I remain asymptomatic for COVID-19.

“For those who want to criticize me for lack of quarantine, realize that if the rules on testing had been followed to a tee, I would never have been tested and would still be walking around the halls of the Capitol. The current guidelines would not have called for me to get tested nor quarantined. It was my extra precaution, out of concern for my damaged lung, that led me to get tested.

“Perhaps it is too much to ask that we simply have compassion for our fellow Americans who are sick or fearful of becoming so. Thousands of people want testing. Many, like David Newman of The Walking Dead, are sick with flu symptoms and are being denied testing. This makes no sense.

“The broader the testing and the less finger-pointing we have, the better. America is strong. We are a resilient people, but we’re stronger when we stand together.”
    https://www.paul.senate.gov/news/sta...ator-rand-paul

This thing of him going to the gym is going around the Internets like a wild fire.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Who are these jerkoffs?
    Rand, why didn’t you stay in the capital and shake every hand? The House, the Senate, the White House, go meet the Supreme Court.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    This thing of him going to the gym is going around the Internets like a wild fire.
    Democrats are disgusting! And those politicians that tweeted and re-tweeted this gossip about him, owe him an apology.

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    Lets hope so. He is our only hope!

His last tweet before quarantine: Resist!

First and foremost I wish Rand a speedy recovery. However it’s hard to deny that he made a mistake. If he was testing for Covid he should have stayed away until the results came back like most other politicians and public figures have done. He was being irresponsible.

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefJustice View Post
    First and foremost I wish Rand a speedy recovery. However it’s hard to deny that he made a mistake. If he was testing for Covid he should have stayed away until the results came back like most other politicians and public figures have done. He was being irresponsible.
    He went into quarantine as soon as he found out.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 03-24-2020 at 07:09 AM.

Somebody should quarantine Pelosi.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    Somebody should quarantine Pelosi...
    ...in prison for insider trading.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 03-24-2020 at 07:09 AM.

Sen. Paul: Why I didn’t quarantine after getting tested
    Guidelines would not have called for me to get tested nor quarantined. It was my extra precaution, out of concern for my damaged lung: Opposing view

Rand Paul
    March 24, 2020

I did not quarantine while awaiting a coronavirus test because I did not meet the criteria for quarantine. In fact, I did not meet the current criteria for even being tested, much less quarantined.

I have not had an encounter with anyone that health officials recommended quarantining or testing.

I took the test because my wife and I had traveled extensively during the weeks prior to COVID-19 social distancing practices, and I am at a higher risk for serious complications from the virus due to having part of my lung removed seven months ago.

I did attend Louisville’s Speed Art Museum charity ball on March 7. Unlike the other Kentucky government officials there, I had zero contact or proximity with either of the two individuals who later announced they were positive for COVID-19. The event was a large affair of hundreds of people spread throughout the museum.

The Metro Louisville Communicable Disease department announced that “those who public health officials consider at higher risk from possible exposure are being notified,” according to the museum’s director, Stephen Reily.

read more:
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...es/2912183001/

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefJustice View Post
    That is bull$#@!, he didn't have any reason to be tested except for he has had recent lung injuries. He had no known exposure, he had no more reason to stay away than your average guy walking down to the street.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Just imagine if he didn't quarantine and gone to work.
    On the typical day, with an important piece of legislation having its sections being vigorously debated, he'd be seated in the Senate, in one of the seats Henry Clay metaphorically sat in. Mitch McConnell is Kentucky's senior senator. This begs a question...

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    He went into quarantine as soon as he found out.
    This was very good of him. I'm really glad he did, and that he's in reasonable good health, under the circumstances he's inside.
    The BBC had the story, just now, of Prince Charles having tested positive, too. One worries about the people around someone...

Have they made provisions to allow Rand and other quarantined members to vote yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Cutlerzzz View Post
    Rand, why didn’t you stay in the capital and shake every hand? The House, the Senate, the White House, go meet the Supreme Court.
    Give Pelosi a big hug and put her out of action for a while.

Have they made provisions to allow Rand and other quarantined members to vote yet?
    They didn't even test Mike Lee to see if he had it. He said he had been near Rand Paul, and they told him to stay home and refrain from voting.

They don't seem to value Sens. Paul and Lee's votes as much as we do.
    We believe our lying eyes...

No. They can't vote as they have to show up as per the rules.

Sen. Durbin wants to allow remote voting but McConnell is not interested.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123