Thread: Actor Credits Anti-Malaria Drug Hydroxychloroquine in His Coronavirus Recovery

Actor Credits Anti-Malaria Drug Hydroxychloroquine in His Coronavirus Recovery

Actor Daniel Dae Kim released a video on Instagram on Saturday where he credited a hydroxychloroquine cocktail with aiding his recovery from the coronavirus.

Kim announced he contracted the disease days ago.

In his latest video he says the medical “cocktail” consisted of the antiviral medicine TamiFlu, the antibiotic Azithromycin, a Glycopyrrolate inhaler, and the antimalarial drug Hydroxychloroquine.

And Daniel Dae Kim said the hydroxychloroquine was the secret weapon to his recovery.
    https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...navirus-video/

Sounds promising..

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Chester Copperpot

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    it looked good until i saw the source as gateway pundit.. hard to believe them.

But...But...The head of NIH, Anthony Fauci, says there is no "magic pill" and it is going to take time to test this.

I would also like to add that Fauchi is a big fan of Hillary and told her she did an excellent job in Benghazi.

“The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

He took an antibiotic for a viral infection?

Quote Originally Posted by Chester Copperpot View Post
    it looked good until i saw the source as gateway pundit.. hard to believe them.
    They're just a blog posting the news.

This is the original source:

https://www.msn.com/en-ie/health/med...ry/ar-BB11wQna

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    Some antibiotics may fight COVID-19

The researchers narrowed down the original 119 antiviral agents to a handful of potential candidates for treating and preventing infections with SARS-CoV-2.
    “For example, chloroquine and remdesivir effectively inhibited 2019-nCoV virus infection in vitro,” they write.
    Scientists could also repurpose the following drugs to help treat COVID-19:

teicoplanin
    oritavancin
    dalbavancin
    monensin
    emetine

“[T]eicoplanin, oritavancin, dalbavancin, and monensin are approved antibiotics that have been shown to inhibit corona- and other viruses in the laboratory.”
    – Denis Kainov

Usually, doctors do not recommend using antibiotics to treat viruses. In this case, however, the researchers sought drugs that they could repurpose as antiviral agents.

Emetine is an antiprotozoal drug, the authors note.
    https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/art...fight-COVID-19
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    It's correct that antibiotics do not treat viral infection, only bacterial.

One reason they do so is because you can be sick with more than one condition. Also if you've ever been intubated it can be messy and puts you at risk for developing ventilator-acquired-pneumonia, so the IV Zithromax is more for prophylaxis (which under normal circumstances we would never recommend because over-prescribing will one day lead to drug-resistance, but these critical patients need all the help they can get). It would really suck to survive COVID-19 and die of more-easily treatable bacterial pneumonia that developed subsequently in the body's weakened immune state.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    It's correct that antibiotics do not treat viral infection, only bacterial.

One reason they do so is because you can be sick with more than one condition. Also if you've ever been intubated it can be messy and puts you at risk for developing ventilator-acquired-pneumonia, so the IV Zithromax is more for prophylaxis (which under normal circumstances we would never recommend because over-prescribing will one day lead to drug-resistance, but these critical patients need all the help they can get). It would really suck to survive COVID-19 and die of more-easily treatable bacterial pneumonia that developed subsequently in the body's weakened immune state.
    Actually it looks like the coronavirus may not be a "virus" at all- or at the most, a "carrier virus" which TB rides on.
    Maybe just a passenger virus. Here's a piece on the subject by Bill Sardi:

But what is the sense in panicking the world over a coronavirus that is 3 times less deadly than the SARS outbreak of 2003 (9.5% vs. 3.4%). And mind you, it has still not been proved that the COVID-19 coronavirus is anything more than a non-symptomatic, non-pathogenic “passenger virus,” being picked up diagnostically but not the primary underlying cause responsible for the Pandemic/Epidemic itself.

In fact, there is direct and indirect evidence that COVID-19 is NOT from a virus at all. The SARS coronavirus, often compared with the new COVID-19 coronavirus, was present only in about half of the SARS cases and antivirals such as ribavirin and oseltamivir (Tamiflu) were not working in SARS culture plates, nor were they very effective in clinics or hospitals either. That passenger viruses do exist has been abundantly documented, as when the HTLV-1 virus (human T-cell leukemia virus Type 1) was mistakenly attributed to being causal for AIDS. And so, the question which never went away looms: are the coronaviruses merely traveler viruses from a yet to be determined primary stealth cause?

Using bacteriocidals instead of antivirals

One recent US news headline said: “Scientists claim antibiotics already on the market could treat coronavirus – despite warnings from CDC and World Health Organization that antibiotics do nothing against viruses and overusing them fuels resistant microbes.

Fact of the matter is that antiviral medicines were not found to provide benefit in either the SARS or MERS strains of coronavirus either, which broke out in 2002 and 2012, respectively. Yet this habit of administering antivirals was stubbornly clung to in the treatment of the 138 Coronavirus-infected patients hospitalized in Wuhan, China described in Wang, et al’s recently published JAMA study.

On the other hand, all of these 138 patients, and most of the 99 patients in Chen et al’s current Lancet study received at least one antibiotic, some of which have significant anti-mycobacterial as well as antibacterial activity. (Mycobacteria are small rod-shaped bacteria, some varieties which have no cell wall and are difficult to distinguish from viruses; mycobacteria cause leprosy and tuberculosis, the latter usually emanating as lower respiratory tract infection that can mimic classic pneumonia, as observed in the SARS and COVID-19 coronavirus cases.)

Antibiotics have no effect against viruses. And although it is claimed that antibiotics are and were simply being used to quell “secondary” bacterial infections in the new pandemic, the fact is that antibiotics have proved universally to be of great help worldwide to the vast majority of novel coronavirus COVID-19 victims, with or without secondary infections.

Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it
    I'd recommend reading the whole article here:
    https://www.lewrockwell.com/2020/03/...eally-a-virus/
    There is no spoon.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It seems like a fashion statement among celebrities to claim a Corona infection. I read recently that one testing site was getting an 80% false positive. I am not trusting much of what I hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Actually it looks like the coronavirus may not be a "virus" at all- or at the most, a "carrier virus" which TB rides on.
    Maybe just a passenger virus.
    May be.

We're learning more about it every day. I try to keep my updates relevant to what I'm seeing first-hand in the ER/ICU. I'm not even posting in general politics because I honestly don't give a hoot right now for politics, and I definitely don't have the energy to debate.

We're in a rough situation. You have more fingers on one hand than we have beds in our ICU. We have even less ventilators. Even if we had the equipment and the space, we don't have the staff. I cannot stress it enough that the hospital systems cannot afford any more patients right now than necessary, and healthcare workers are hoping that the general community will take the spread of this virus seriously and take practical measures to prevent spreading germs.

80-85% of the people who get it will show only minor symptoms, if any. It can still be transmitted. I don't take precautions because I worry I will get it, I take precautions because I am concerned I might bring it home to my aging mother with diabetes who lives with me. I ask people here to be considerate of others.

"With freedom comes responsibility." We want the freedom. Can we truly handle the responsibility?
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Maybe just a passenger virus. Here's a piece on the subject by Bill Sardi:

I'd recommend reading the whole article here:
    https://www.lewrockwell.com/2020/03/...eally-a-virus/
    It’s been posted here already. It’s one Doctor who specializes in TB, and may be prone to seeing TB everywhere.

My take in the other thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    He also has a more recent paper on the same subject:
    https://www.academia.edu/42175251/IN..._to_Be_Learned

My bottom line on what he is saying:

He is a TB expert, and tends to see TB as the most important (and deadly) infection in the world. He may have a point on that. He is also saying the secondary (or activated) infection with the Covid-19 virus is TB, and it is bacterial and can be treated with antibiotics. I would add that once there is fluid in the lungs, bacterial pneumonia is almost inevitable. That can also be treated with antibiotics.

He also talks about a minor outbreak of TB infections in Milan in 2013 that were a strain that came from China. His hypothesis would be that latent tuberculosis already existed in that area of Italy, and Covid-19 is not the primary infection responsible for deaths. This may be worth investigating, but at this point it's nothing more than a hypothesis. Diseases traveling from China to that area of Italy may be nothing more than an indicator that there is a Chinese community in that area that travels back and forth a lot.
    My guess that the explanation was a Chinese community has been verified. They have a Chinese workforce that migrates to the area to make “Italian” clothing. Detailed in a thread started by AF:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...uropean-People
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

It’s been posted here already. It’s one Doctor who specializes in TB, and may be prone to seeing TB everywhere.

My take in the other thread:

My guess that the explanation was a Chinese community has been verified. They have a Chinese workforce that migrates to the area to make “Italian” clothing. Detailed in a thread started by AF:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...uropean-People

My POV is that this is all too convenient.

On March 11th, Global Research published this article, COVID-19: Further Evidence that the Virus Originated in the US by Larry Romanoff in which he notes:

Kristian Andersen is an evolutionary biologist at the Scripps Research Institute who has analyzed sequences of 2019-nCoV to try to clarify its origin. He said the scenario was “entirely plausible” of infected persons bringing the virus into the seafood market from somewhere outside. According to the Science article:

“Andersen posted his analysis of 27 available genomes of 2019-nCoV on 25 January on a virology research website. It suggests they had a “most recent common ancestor” – meaning a common source – as early as 1 October 2019.” (9)

It was interesting that Lucey also noted that MERS was originally believed to have come from a patient in Saudi Arabia in June of 2012, but later and more thorough studies traced it back to an earlier hospital outbreak of unexplained pneumonia in Jordan in April of that year. Lucey said that from stored samples from people who died in Jordan, medical authorities confirmed they had been infected with the MERS virus. (10)

This would provide impetus for caution among the public in accepting the “official standard narrative” that the Western media are always so eager to provide – as they did with SARS, MERS, and ZIKA, all of which ‘official narratives’ were later proven to have been entirely wrong.

In this case, the Western media flooded their pages for months about the COVID-19 virus originating in the Wuhan seafood market, caused by people eating bats and wild animals. All of this has been proven wrong.

Not only did the virus not originate at the seafood market, it did not originate in Wuhan at all, and it has now been proven that it did not originate in China but was brought to China from another country. Part of the proof of this assertion is that the genome varieties of the virus in Iran and Italy have been sequenced and declared to have no part of the variety that infected China and must, by definition, have originated elsewhere.
    https://www.lewrockwell.com/2020/03/...s-on-covid-19/
    There is no spoon.

My POV is that this is all too convenient.

On March 11th, Global Research published this article, COVID-19: Further Evidence that the Virus Originated in the US by Larry Romanoff in which he notes:

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2020/03/...s-on-covid-19/
    While I am always willing to entertain alternative hypotheses, at this point, zoonotic transmission in Wuhan, and mutation in a human is still the most likely and plausible explanation.

Here’s a thread on the most likely origin:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...-of-SARS-CoV-2
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

While I am always willing to entertain alternative hypotheses, at this point, zoonotic transmission in Wuhan, and mutation in a human is still the most likely and plausible explanation.

Here’s a thread on the most likely origin:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...-of-SARS-CoV-2
    Read Bill Sardi- smart & into real health.

Leaders Of Western Nations Misled Over Quarantine/Social
    Distancing
    https://www.lewrockwell.com/2020/03/...al-distancing/
    There is no spoon.

Read Bill Sardi- smart & into real health.

Leaders Of Western Nations Misled Over Quarantine/Social
    Distancing
    https://www.lewrockwell.com/2020/03/...al-distancing/
    Seasons, humidity, sunlight and vitamins are well established as having an affect on many viruses. That’s all good.

But as for TB, coincidence is not evidence. And he hedges all discussion with “maybe”. There is no evidence to back up the TB hypothesis.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.