Thread: Trump eyes grounding jets, halting stock trading, and ordering shelter in place

Trump eyes grounding jets, halting stock trading, and ordering shelter in place

Trump eyes grounding jets, halting stock trading, and ordering shelter in place
    by Paul Bedard
    | March 19, 2020 05:58 PM

The Trump administration, moving quickly to halt the spread of the coronavirus, is seriously considering grounding all passenger air traffic for up to 30 days, temporarily halting stock trading on Wall Street, and imposing a shelter-in-place rule, according to officials.

Key officials have begun alerting industry leaders, Capitol Hill, and agencies that the “radical” plan could come early next week if the warlike efforts to stop the spread of the virus fail.

On Thursday, the administration began to prepare the nation for 9/11-style moves when the State Department issued a “Level Four” warning against traveling overseas. The warning is the most severe that the department has.

In a notice, the State Department said Americans traveling abroad may find their travel “severely disrupted” and “may be forced to remain outside of the United States for an indefinite time frame.”

Secrets was told that European nations are also considering grounding passenger jets.

What’s more, so that stocks don’t tank further, the administration under the plan being discussed would stop trading on Wall Street when it grounds the U.S. passenger fleet. The Bush administration made similar moves after the 9/11 attacks.

Sources also said that the administration is seriously considering a shelter-in-place rule to keep the public from large gatherings. Some have continued to ignore previous warnings against gathering in groups of 10.

The three radical moves could come as soon as next week, depending on how much the coronavirus spreads. There are some internal government models that show that the number of people infected in the coming two months could reach over 5 million.

The potential for blocking air travel is an indicator of fears that the virus could get out of control and, as in Italy, lead to a high death rate, said one source aware of the briefings for industry officials.

President Trump has repeatedly said that his goal is to limit deaths, and aides have said he will do anything to make good on that promise.

The moves were described as being very seriously discussed and not imminent.

However, we were also told that decisions are moving fast at the top levels of the administration.

Grounding passenger jets for any more than a few days would be unprecedented. After 9/11, they were grounded for just a few days.

Wall Street was closed for over a week after 9/11, but it was also covered in debris from the collapsed World Trade Center.

San Francisco has already ordered a shelter-in-place plan that directs people to stay home as much as possible.
    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/w...elter-in-place
    There is no spoon.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    In related news, panic is spreading like wildfire.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

S really is HTF.

He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harrass our people, and eat out their substance.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    In related news, panic is spreading like wildfire.
    It's gone Viral.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Stopping airline travel certainly makes sense from a containment perspective, not good for freedom. Hope they don’t do that.

Shutting the stock market? Bad idea. Let it find it’s bottom.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Stopping airline travel certainly makes sense from a containment perspective, not good for freedom. Hope they don’t do that.

Shutting the stock market? Bad idea. Let it find it’s bottom.
    Not putting Contaminated Cruse Passengers on Airliners full of folks traveling would have been a good idea.

but it is a Month late for that.

Personally ,I think this is smokescreen cover for Market collapse..crash,,reset ,,,whatever.
    Last edited by pcosmar; 03-20-2020 at 03:12 PM.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

The loss of perspective here is just astounding. We have a population of 320,000,0000. About 20,000 people have mild flu symptoms, less than 100 are in intensive care, 250 with pre-existing conditions have died. So we have martial law and lock the entire population in their homes? Not to mention the real problem here which is destroying the economy for years to come, which is going to hurt us all more than any virus does. I have never seen mass hysteria like this in my life. This isn't that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    The loss of perspective here is just astounding. We have a population of 320,000,0000. About 20,000 people have mild flu symptoms, less than 100 are in intensive care, 250 with pre-existing conditions have died. So we have martial law and lock the entire population in their homes? Not to mention the real problem here which is destroying the economy for years to come, which is going to hurt us all more than any virus does. I have never seen mass hysteria like this in my life. This isn't that bad.
    I can sort of see why the government is doing it. Trump is just the Il Duce those fascists were looking for.

The part I can't figure out is people not raising holy hell. Is this still the U.S.A?

But I admit it's entertaining hearing the usual gay local Fox reporter talk about "Thee Dee Thee guidelineth".
    Last edited by acptulsa; 03-20-2020 at 06:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    Yea I agree with you about the virus. I am pretty sure that this lock down stuff is not about the virus. I really don't want to phantom what is really going on. I am just going to be as normal as I can. Keeping things in between the ditches not assuming anything. It does seem that the media wants people to be afraid.

The whole world is going on house arrest and their economies are collapsing in ways I couldn’t imagine.

What will happen when COVID-20 shows up in a few months?

Enjoy your weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    I can sort of see why the government is doing it. Trump is just the Il Duce those fascists were looking for.

The part I can't figure out is people not raising holy hell. Is this still the U.S.A?

But I admit it's entertaining hearing the usual gay local Fox reporter talk about "Thee Dee Thee guidelineth".
    Most everybody around here believe the hype spewed by the media. I stopped at a few coin shops to buy some metal, coin buyers are pretty much in the know which is nice for a change. So I get to chat with others likeminded to me. Store hours are short but the owners said if you ever want to buy/sell/trade give a call and the doors will open even beyond normal operating hours.

Is it still the USA? Not the USA I was born and raised in. Girls are still girls, but today the guys are girls too.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)