Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Martial Law and No Food! Fake Rumor Mill Churning

  1. #1

    Martial Law and No Food! Fake Rumor Mill Churning

    It appears that there is one of those fake emails going around the US telling everyone to run to the store ASAP, because Trump is going to declare Martial Law, send out the military, and grocery stores will all be shut down. It is also being spread by telephone.

    I have personally heard about this from two separate sources. It is usually a variation of someone’s sister’s husband’s cousin’s son is in the military and they are being deployed right now, keep it secret.

    LOL. As if the rush for groceries wasn’t bad enough, there are people spreading this nonsense.

    And these people vote...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul
    They are what they hate.” - B4L


    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2
    Well, if this is a test run, I certainly won't complain if the test fails.

    The question is, will the oligarchy consider panic among Americans over nothing a failed test or a success?
    Last edited by acptulsa; 03-20-2020 at 11:52 AM.
    'I prefer someone who burns the flag and then wraps themselves up in the Constitution over someone who burns the Constitution and then wraps themselves up in the flag.'--Molly Ivins

    'Well, you can get no more liberty than you give.'--Will Rogers

  4. #3
    The army is in Italy enforcing social distancing. It's not a great leap that National Guardsmen in the US might be stationed at grocery stores to enforce rationing. Stores already having rationing policies in my area but they are not enforced. People are staying home laid off or free sick/administrative leave. No one has anything to do now except shop. People can order takeout but most people don't want to is what I'm seeing, so all the eating out is being replaced by eating in and stockpiling.

    The only thing that matters right now is food and medical supplies. If the guard is being deployed I have no doubt stabilizing these supply lines is on top of priority list.

    The rumor is spreading because it makes sense.

    A bank run doesn't happen because everyone thinks the system is collapsing, it's because people think, "well, I think this is hyped, but how many people believe it? Maybe I better just go get some to beat the rush."
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

  5. #4
    It's not going to take much to get one of the big city's to go over the edge.

    If this affects you, you might want to reevaluate your circumstances.

    Whether the cause is fake or real won't matter when the lemmings head for the cliff.

  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Well, if this is a test run, I certainly won't complain if the test fails.

    The question is, will the oligarchy consider panic among Americans over nothing a failed test or a success?
    They're getting a gauge on compliance.

    Seeing how well the herd obeys orders.

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    They're getting a gauge on compliance.

    Seeing how well the herd obeys orders.
    That's why the nationwide lockdown was test run in the places they were. Incremental. If Oakland and NY didn't go off, then they felt confident in moving forward. They are just getting started. If not this season then the next, or the next, or the next. The Invisible Enemy.
    WILL NOT COMPLY

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by wizardwatson View Post
    The army is in Italy enforcing social distancing. It's not a great leap that National Guardsmen in the US might be stationed at grocery stores to enforce rationing. Stores already having rationing policies in my area but they are not enforced. People are staying home laid off or free sick/administrative leave. No one has anything to do now except shop. People can order takeout but most people don't want to is what I'm seeing, so all the eating out is being replaced by eating in and stockpiling.

    The only thing that matters right now is food and medical supplies. If the guard is being deployed I have no doubt stabilizing these supply lines is on top of priority list.

    The rumor is spreading because it makes sense.

    A bank run doesn't happen because everyone thinks the system is collapsing, it's because people think, "well, I think this is hyped, but how many people believe it? Maybe I better just go get some to beat the rush."
    Except that at this point, the only thing effecting food supplies at grocery stores is panic. There is no underlying reason. Farms are still operating. Truckers can still transport. Stores are still open.

    And this brings up a point about the Great Depression. It wasn’t just a stock market crash. There was also a drought, massive farming failures, intentional farming shutdowns, and the dust bowl. That does interrupt the food supply chain.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul
    They are what they hate.” - B4L


    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    It's not going to take much to get one of the big city's to go over the edge.

    If this affects you, you might want to reevaluate your circumstances.

    Whether the cause is fake or real won't matter when the lemmings head for the cliff.
    Lemmings can’t go over the cliff yet, they’re too busy standing in line at the grocery stores, marijuana dispensaries and guns/ammo stores. (Scratch the guns/ammo in some cities, they are ordering them to shut down).
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul
    They are what they hate.” - B4L


    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.



  10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  11. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Except that at this point, the only thing effecting food supplies at grocery stores is panic. There is no underlying reason. Farms are still operating. Truckers can still transport. Stores are still open.

    And this brings up a point about the Great Depression. It wasn’t just a stock market crash. There was also a drought, massive farming failures, intentional farming shutdowns, and the dust bowl. That does interrupt the food supply chain.
    I'm not sure there's anything here I disagree with.

    There's was panic then too. But the Americans of today probably are prone to panic a bit more than then. People panic at soccer games and crush people. American's crush people on black friday shopping days.

    Sure, people can stop panicking.

    But,

    "Hey, stop panicking it's just a $10 off sale. You look like an idiot."

    ..is a much easier sell to the panicker than...

    "Hey, stop panicking, do some research. This is a deadly virus and will be impactful to our economy, but likely we will peak in a couple months. Then life should return to mostly normal."


    ...


    Anyway, to the OP, I just heard this exact "rumor" from a coworker who told me that someone he personal knows says the KU (Kansas University) upper administration has been notified about possible troop movements/martial law type situation.
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

  12. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by wizardwatson View Post
    ...
    Anyway, to the OP, I just heard this exact "rumor" from a coworker who told me that someone he personal knows says the KU (Kansas University) upper administration has been notified about possible troop movements/martial law type situation.
    LOL. Yeah, it’s always some chain of people until you get to someone secretly in the know.

    And I am a Nigerian Prince who needs to send money out of the country. Please send your bank account number so I can transfer the amount of 1,00,000,000 to your account, and you can keep half....
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul
    They are what they hate.” - B4L


    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

  13. #11
    Rumors or Observations..??

    Effective Curfew,, Forced Closing of business.

    Tanks in the Street ( I told you you would see that)

    and Censorship.

    Draw your own conclusions.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

    Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

  14. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    LOL. Yeah, it’s always some chain of people until you get to someone secretly in the know.

    And I am a Nigerian Prince who needs to send money out of the country. Please send your bank account number so I can transfer the amount of 1,00,000,000 to your account, and you can keep half....
    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Rumors or Observations..??

    Effective Curfew,, Forced Closing of business.

    Tanks in the Street ( I told you you would see that)

    and Censorship.

    Draw your own conclusions.

    “A fire broke out backstage in a theatre. The clown came out to warn the public; they thought it was a joke and applauded. He repeated it; the acclaim was even greater. I think that's just how the world will come to an end: to general applause from wits who believe it's a joke.”

    ― Soren Kierkegaard, Either/Or, Part I


    ...

    Another Wise Man once said, "judge a tree by its fruits".

    I see some pretty nasty fruits falling off some trees right now.
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

  15. #13
    I also received a text message from a "source" stating their family was in the Nat'l Guard and there was a passive warning to get to the store ASAP, stock up, and don't tell anyone.
    Welcome to the R3VOLUTION!

  16. #14
    Just realized that a third source had sent a variation of this hoax over a week ago. Right before last weekend’s rush on the grocery stores.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul
    They are what they hate.” - B4L


    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

  17. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Okie RP fan View Post
    I also received a text message from a "source" stating their family was in the Nat'l Guard and there was a passive warning to get to the store ASAP, stock up, and don't tell anyone.
    Lol. That’s it. Keep it secret! Martial law in the next 72 hours!
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul
    They are what they hate.” - B4L


    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

  18. #16
    https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitic...ents-stay-home

    The stay-at-home order covers all of the state's 9 million residents, and follows similar mandates that have been handed down in California, Illinois, New York and Pennsylvania.
    So 86 million americans on lockdown. We have shortages of testing kits and basic sanitary supplies in most grocery stores (all the ones I've checked have some dish liquid, bar soap and bathroom soap, but no sanitizer, alcohol, and very little TP/paper towels). Also, many food staples are gone (beans, rice, frozen pizza to name a few).

    Calling this "hyped panic" or whatever, seems pointless.

    "panic" is a mob/crowd reaction. Even saying "there's no need to panic", "people who are panicking are idiots", "look at all the sheep panicking" does not have the effect of decreasing or combating panic. You are only helping to spread the word that panic is increasing and the crowd reacts.
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6



  19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  20. #17
    An entire state shut down because 0.00018 percent of the population died.

    Well, it'll save lives. Anything that prevents the people of New Jersey from operating automobiles will save lives.
    'I prefer someone who burns the flag and then wraps themselves up in the Constitution over someone who burns the Constitution and then wraps themselves up in the flag.'--Molly Ivins

    'Well, you can get no more liberty than you give.'--Will Rogers



Similar Threads

  1. Is your food fake?
    By donnay in forum Personal Health & Well-Being
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 08-13-2012, 10:56 PM
  2. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-24-2012, 03:17 PM
  3. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-28-2011, 08:04 PM
  4. Glenn Beck Warns Of Food Riots, Martial Law & Gun Confiscations
    By Marenco in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-12-2010, 10:19 AM
  5. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-10-2010, 06:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •