Thread: Stop hating on Rand Paul

Exclamation Stop hating on Rand Paul

There are no principled fiscal conservatives during a crisis. Except for Sen. Rand Paul, evidently.

The libertarian-leaning Kentucky Republican offered an amendment to the $104 billion coronavirus relief bill the Senate passed Wednesday, which would have offset the spending through reforms and cuts elsewhere. The senator doesn’t oppose the idea of government assistance during this time of crisis, he just wants to ensure that we don’t pile hundreds of billions in additional debt on the shoulders of future generations, given their already astounding burden of $23 trillion. When his amendment failed, Paul voted against the final bill in protest.

Actually standing up for principle during the coronavirus crisis makes Paul evil, apparently, in the minds of many unhinged critics:

'Next time, maybe in the not-too-distant future, our children may not even be able to borrow their way out of a crisis,” Paul warned in his Senate speech. In response, his amendment would have offset the $104 billion in coronavirus spending by requiring a Social Security number to receive the Child Tax Credit, thus reducing fraud; allowing the president to redirect spending from other areas; and rolling back our wasteful military presence in Afghanistan. These are all sensible reforms by any fiscally conservative estimation.

Liberals can rail against him all they want on Twitter and MSNBC, but the fact remains that Paul has a point. We can’t just keep piling hundreds of billions on to the national debt every time a crisis pops up — politicians have a way of framing every issue as a "crisis" — or we’ll have a fiscal crisis of our making on our hands before we know it.
    More:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/o...virus-spending

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Thanks

Great article!
    "Then David said to the Philistine, 'You come to me with a sword, a spear, and a javelin, but I come to you in the name of Yahweh of hosts, the God of the battle lines of Israel, Whom you have reproached.'" - 1 Samuel 17:45

"May future generations look back on our work and say that these were men and women who, in moment of great crisis, stood up to their politicians, the opinion-makers, and the Establishment, and saved their country." - Dr. Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Theocrat View Post
    Great article!
    If you click the link you can see the tweets from liberals 'OMG how can he do this!'. I'm not going to post them here .

My Eyes Hurt

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    If you click the link you can see the tweets from liberals 'OMG how can he do this!'. I'm not going to post them here .
    Oh, I've read them. They're atrocious, and dare I say, traitorous. The fact that people are against fiscal responsibility is just insanity.
    "Then David said to the Philistine, 'You come to me with a sword, a spear, and a javelin, but I come to you in the name of Yahweh of hosts, the God of the battle lines of Israel, Whom you have reproached.'" - 1 Samuel 17:45

"May future generations look back on our work and say that these were men and women who, in moment of great crisis, stood up to their politicians, the opinion-makers, and the Establishment, and saved their country." - Dr. Ron Paul