Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are Republicans Really for Smaller Government?

Are Republicans Really for Smaller Government?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Government is self perpetuating and it will destroy anything that gets in the way of its own growth.

It doesn't matter which flag any portion waves they all push growth.

LOL

The GOP is a lost cause.

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    LOL

The GOP is a lost cause.
    Fun Fact: Before Woodrow Wilson the Democrats used to be the party of limited Government!

Depends on if anyone has pissed them off within the last three days. It takes them that long to stop hollering...

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy View Post
    Fun Fact: Before Woodrow Wilson the Democrats used to be the party of limited Government!
    And we can make the GOP the party of limited government just like big government took over the Demoncrats.

Or split the party.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

And we can make the GOP the party of limited government just like big government took over the Demoncrats.
    Sorry, doesn't work it reverse.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Sorry, doesn't work it reverse.
    It does.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Or split the party.

It is one single gubermint. Where have you been all of your life?

Hey, as long as you are happy making them happy taking their little appeasement bones... I cannot imagine how it feels to be that beholden to slave owners, such as you.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

There's not a dimes worth of difference between Republicans & Democrats.
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Small government is good. The government right now is probably about the right size, it only has the bare minimum essential services

Any smaller and our roads would disappear.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Or split the party.
    Yeah? How?

Remember, you're not talking theory with a bunch of keyboard warriors. You're talking to people who have been to county conventions, state conventions, national conventions. Have you?

Tell us what we did wrong. Tell us what we didn't try. Stop preaching from your soap box and tell us what we didn't think of. And try to come up with something that isn't clearly impossible and which we really didn't try. I know you enjoy making an ass of yourself, but try to make this one an exception.

Go ahead. Educate dozens of GOP precinct captains and former delegates. Tell the people who've been there and tried that how to pull it off.

Who do you think you're talking to, armchair quarterback?
    Last edited by acptulsa; 03-19-2020 at 07:49 PM.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Yeah? How?

Remember, you're not talking theory with a bunch of keyboard warriors. You're talking to people who have been to county conventions, state conventions, national conventions. Have you?

Tell us what we did wrong. Tell us what we didn't try. Stop preaching from your soap box and tell us what we didn't think of. And try to come up with something that isn't clearly impossible and which we really didn't try. I know you enjoy making an ass of yourself, but try to make this one an exception.

Go ahead. Educate dozens of GOP precinct captains and former delegates. Tell the people who've been there and tried that how to pull it off.

Who do you think you're talking to, armchair quarterback?
    You gave up too soon, it takes a long time.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

You gave up too soon, it takes a long time.
    That's it? That's all you got? If we keep doing what we proved does not work, one day it will suddenly and mysteriously work?

That's it?

You weren't on the special Ron Paul Delegate Short Bus getting a tour of Miami while Romney was being nominated, and you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

That's it? That's all you got? If we keep doing what we proved does not work, one day it will suddenly and mysteriously work?

That's it?

You weren't on the special Ron Paul Delegate Short Bus getting a tour of Miami while Romney was being nominated, and you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.
    You didn't prove it didn't work.

You didn't try long enough.

It took our enemies generations to get us where we are and you and many others gave up after 8 years.

You had a bigger effect than you know but you gave up.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You had a bigger effect than you know but you gave up.
    You're still spouting meaningless platitudes, keyboard warrior. What effect, and how do we build on it?

Be specific. What did we do that worked, even though we were there and it didn't work? How do we build on it?

You're still spouting meaningless platitudes, keyboard warrior. What effect, and how do we build on it?

Be specific. What did we do that worked, even though we were there and it didn't work? How do we build on it?
    We got Massie and Rand into office among others, we changed the discussion in our direction and we shattered the faith of GOP voters in the GOP establishment.

Trump would never have won without us.

We started the Tea Party and it is still having good effects even though people surrendered it to those who tried to take it away from us.

You keep doing everything we did and eventually we will have much bigger results.

We only need to add more cooperation with those who are close to us but are not the same as us to make it work even faster.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

We got Massie and Rand into office among others, we changed the discussion in our direction and we shattered the faith of GOP voters in the GOP establishment.

Trump would never have won without us.

We started the Tea Party and it is still having good effects even though people surrendered it to those who tried to take it away from us.

You keep doing everything we did and eventually we will have much bigger results.

We only need to add more cooperation with those who are close to us but are not the same as us to make it work even faster.
    There used to be more honest politicians in Congress. I remember when there were dozens.

Trump couldn't gave played the game he did unless we had done what we did. Any advantage that got us is mostly in the fevered imaginations of people like dannno and you. The rest of us, meanwhile, are seeing a minor outbreak of a bad flu leading to martial law.

What do you mean "we", Mr. 2016? Got a mouse in your pocket?

we shattered the faith of GOP voters in the GOP establishment
    The base is more unquestioningly, mindlessly, slavishly loyal to the party than I've ever seen.

The base is more unquestioningly, mindlessly, slavishly loyal to the party than I've ever seen.
    LOL

They are rightfully loyal to the best POTUS since Coolidge and NOT to the GOP establishment that opposed him.

Poll suggests Trump voters are more loyal to him than they are to the Republican Party

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

LOL

They are rightfully loyal to the best POTUS since Coolidge and NOT to the GOP establishment that opposed him.

Poll suggests Trump voters are more loyal to him than they are to the Republican Party
    QED

QED
    Yes, I proved they were not "more unquestioningly, mindlessly, slavishly loyal to the party than [You]'ve ever seen"

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Yes, I proved they were not "more unquestioningly, mindlessly, slavishly loyal to the party than [You]'ve ever seen"
    But they are. So clearly you proved nothing.

Republicans live for their figureheads, and when they have a stooge in the White House, he is the party.

Trump is the GOP.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    But they are. So clearly you proved nothing.

Republicans live for their figureheads, and when they have a stooge in the White House, he is the party.

Trump is the GOP.
    LOL

That is proven wrong by the article I posted.

Asserting the opposite doesn't change the truth.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

LOL

Asserting the opposite doesn't change the truth.
    Is it? How?

How does that article prove any election will be lost by an incumbent this November who says, "I'm still with President Orange"?

Harvard conducts a poll that indicates Republican voters like Trump better than cartoon elephants, and you say it's proof that Trump isn't the GOP? How silly is that?
    Last edited by acptulsa; 03-19-2020 at 09:20 PM.

Is it? How?

How does that article prove any election will be lost by an incumbent this November who says, "I'm still with President Orange"?
    You are moving the goalposts.

If a candidate doesn't support MAGA and Trump it won't matter if he is GOP.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

If a candidate doesn't support MAGA and Trump it won't matter if he is GOP.
    You say I'm wrong, then you repeat what I said, and assert that's what's right.

You're arguing my point.

Thank you for acknowledging I'm right. Why do you insist on saying I'm wrong even as you're saying I'm right?

You say I'm wrong, then you repeat what I said, and assert that's what's right.

You're arguing my point.

Thank you for acknowledging I'm right. Why do you insist on saying I'm wrong even as you're saying I'm right?
    You are defending the idea that they are loyal to the GOP.

I pointed out that you change the goalposts to be loyalty to Trump and then pointed out that they were NOT loyal to the GOP which was the original question.

Trump didn't save the anti-Trump members of the House in 2018 even though many tried to claim to support him when the election was upon them.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

You are defending the idea that they are loyal to the GOP.

I pointed out that you change the goalposts to be loyalty to Trump and then pointed out that they were NOT loyal to the GOP which was the original question.

Trump didn't save the anti-Trump members of the House in 2018 even though many tried to claim to support him when the election was upon them.
    Trump is now the GOP, and the base is more slavishly loyal than ever in my lifetime.

Your problem seems to be a belief that the base wins elections. Independent voters are the majority of the electorate.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast