Thread: Covid19 potentially opening door to proportionally equitable representation?

Covid19 potentially opening door to proportionally equitable representation?

I was skimming the coronavirus news this morning and saw a reference to this story:
    The entire state legislature of Georgia is being urged to self-quarantine after a state senator who participated in a vote on Monday has tested positive for the coronavirus. ...
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...st/ar-BB11pwm6

I got to thinking about the drive for many businesses and industries right now to implement systems for remote working as people are trying to stay home because of covid19. I haven't really heard anything about governments (state or federal) trying to implement the same, but I wonder if examples like Georgia might get some inertia moving.

If covid19 ends up forcing governments to build out and normalize the use of remote working technology - like holding legislative sessions via some structured webex type system, perhaps some real good might come from it. Because that foundation would make it feasible to re-establish proportionally equitable representation.

The framers of the Constitution and the Bill of Rights intended that the total population of Congressional districts never exceed 50 to 60 thousand. Currently, the average population size of the districts is nearly 700,000 and, consequently, the principle of proportionally equitable representation has been abandoned.
    https://thirty-thousand.org/

Suddenly, having more legislators wouldn't be a problem. They don't need to occupy the same physical space. Running for office would be cheaper and legislators would be more accountable to their constituents.
    I compiled a "brief" history of events since October 2008 that are defining the global currency war and the role that gold is playing:

Tin Foil Hats, Economic Reality and the Total Perspective Vortex

Also, have you contacted your Congressional Rep and asked them co-sponsor Ron Paul's Rep. Paul Broun Jr.'s HR 1098 77: Free Competition in Currencies Act?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bern View Post
    I was skimming the coronavirus news this morning and saw a reference to this story:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...st/ar-BB11pwm6

I got to thinking about the drive for many businesses and industries right now to implement systems for remote working as people are trying to stay home because of covid19. I haven't really heard anything about governments (state or federal) trying to implement the same, but I wonder if examples like Georgia might get some inertia moving.

If covid19 ends up forcing governments to build out and normalize the use of remote working technology - like holding legislative sessions via some structured webex type system, perhaps some real good might come from it. Because that foundation would make it feasible to re-establish proportionally equitable representation.

https://thirty-thousand.org/

Suddenly, having more legislators wouldn't be a problem. They don't need to occupy the same physical space. Running for office would be cheaper and legislators would be more accountable to their constituents.
    More rulers is not the answer, we need less not more.

The enemy has an unlimited supply of puppets and we find it hard to come up with the occasional Ron Paul.