Thread: Trump wants to send Americans checks ‘immediately’ in response to coronavirus, Mnuchin says

Trump wants to send Americans checks ‘immediately’ in response to coronavirus, Mnuchin says

Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said Tuesday that the Trump administration wants to send checks to Americans “in the next two weeks” in an effort to help people cope with the economic fallout due to the coronavirus pandemic.

“We’re looking at sending checks to Americans immediately,” Mnuchin said during a press briefing from the White House. “Americans need cash now, the president wants to get cash now. I mean now—in the next few weeks.”

As the White House held its press conference Tuesday -- with President Trump, Vice President Pence, Mnuchin and the coronavirus task force present -- the Dow rallied nearly 1,000 points, after sustaining historic losses on Monday.

“The president has instructed me we have to do this now,” Mnuchin added, though did not give specifics, except to say that the amount would be significant and that millionaires would not receive it.

Fox News has learned, however, that Mnuchin is pressing GOP senators for a package that would send $200 billion-plus of payments to
    Americans by early April.
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...virus-outbreak
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

What Americans need is to have their kids go back to school and be able to buy toilet paper again. Not that these precautions are necessary for something only as lethal as the flu, but we would have zero issues if we had put proper travel restrictions in place like Russia did. What an incompetent $#@! show. Trump isn't looking good. Trying to buy support back, with our tax dollars, isn't going to help.

^^ and ammo on the shelves. Don't forget about the ammo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ryan
    In Washington you can see them everywhere: the Parasites and baby Stalins sucking the life out of a once-great nation.

You're an ideological progressive Democrat. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you voted for Hillary and you support Bernie Sanders. You voted for Obama twice. Right?

So it's funny how your liberal media friends pushed this "virus" and now you're whining about the fallout.
    Last edited by NorthCarolinaLiberty; 03-17-2020 at 07:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members