Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Martial Law Rumours

Martial Law Rumours

I keep getting texts from various people, and now a phone call, that the Pentagon has or soon will declare martial law. I have seen the actual reports that back on February 11th the military set up coronavirus containment camps. So....any conformation of any of this?
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    No comment.
    Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer

Ⅎ˥ƎSWIH ˥˥I⋊ ⊥,NᗡIᗡ N
    IƎ⊥SԀƎ

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Rumors

But events are canceled,, and Bars and restaurants are being closed.

It is being staged for.. and talked all around...
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

God help us all if martial law happens.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

I heard through a friend's cousin's whatever who supposedly works high up in the military that Trump will be shutting everything down nationwide in two days.

I would think if there was any truth to it, that there would be some chatter in the mainstream media. It also seems completely unnecessary, but so are the current measures that have been taken.

Here's an article about that very subject.
    https://www.lewrockwell.com/2020/03/...r-populations/
    There is no spoon.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    We should be seeing dead people alongside the road by now shouldn't we?
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    We should be seeing dead people alongside the road by now shouldn't we?
    Not Yet..

Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Any updates? It sure feels like they are hinting around at this a lot. Sounds like NY pretty much went on lockdown.

I suppose. Maybe if enough civil authorities in an area fell ill or died then they would. Imagine if 80% of a states police force got sick, then I think they would.
    When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies? - Miguel de Cervantes, (Don Quixote)

Quote Originally Posted by Voluntarist View Post
    The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the Federal Reserve Notes of patriotic central banks

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    I keep getting texts from various people, and now a phone call, that the Pentagon has or soon will declare martial law. I have seen the actual reports that back on February 11th the military set up coronavirus containment camps. So....any conformation of any of this?
    No, JM, no confirmation on that. I would say extremely low likelihood.

Think of all the type of tyranny you and I have experienced in our lifetime. It's soft power, not hard power. We're living in Brave New World, not 1984. They don't go around blatantly putting people in camps, they just shut down their ability to speak.

So don't worry too much about getting rounded up.

Worry about getting that Toilet Paper!

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Not Yet..

Photoshop
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

If it did happen, I'd expect it the day after 3/22, Skull and Bones favorite day.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

The entire internet is the domain of paid shills and bots. If you don't know this by now....

Israel, under control of the Crown and, ultimately, the Vatican, own the USA. If you don't know this by now....

Talk to people about liberty. You won't find it on websites, you won't find it in politicians.

But now you can't talk to people because of "social distancing"....brought to you by shills and politicians.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The restrictions came upon us slowly but steadily. Within two weeks, our old lives were gone. First the schools closed, then came social distancing. Then the government locked down the hardest-hit areas: no more going in and out of certain provinces; limited movements within the “red zones.” Then the whole country shut down. Most stores closed their doors. People who could were asked to telework; those who could not, and did not have a job related to the continuation of essential services, were placed on part-time schedules or unpaid leave. When we went out, we had to carry a pass explaining our reasons for being outside to show to the law enforcement officers patrolling the streets. The priority became keeping everyone inside, at all times.

Please stop waiting for others to tell you what to do; stop blaming the government for doing too much or too little. We all have actions we can take to slow the spread of the disease — and ensuring that your own household has enough canned goods and cleaning supplies is not enough. You can do a lot more. You should do a lot more.

We can’t gather to bury our dead.

For us, it might be too late to avoid an incredible loss of life. But if you decide against taking actions because it seems inconvenient, or because you don’t want to look silly, you can’t say you weren’t warned.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlo...han-you-think/

Last edited by presence; 03-17-2020 at 09:22 PM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    The restrictions came upon us slowly but steadily. Within two weeks, our old lives were gone. First the schools closed, then came social distancing. Then the government locked down the hardest-hit areas: no more going in and out of certain provinces; limited movements within the “red zones.” Then the whole country shut down. Most stores closed their doors. People who could were asked to telework; those who could not, and did not have a job related to the continuation of essential services, were placed on part-time schedules or unpaid leave. When we went out, we had to carry a pass explaining our reasons for being outside to show to the law enforcement officers patrolling the streets. The priority became keeping everyone inside, at all times.

We can’t gather to bury our dead.

For us, it might be too late to avoid an incredible loss of life. But if you decide against taking actions because it seems inconvenient, or because you don’t want to look silly, you can’t say you weren’t warned.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlo...han-you-think/

Yep, so the question becomes, what have, or what will, they be doing while all of us are stuck inside?
    There is an endgame here from the gov't and corporations (both). Something will definitely be done that lessens our "freedom" once this is all said and done. It.happens.with.every.crisis.
    Welcome to the R3VOLUTION!

Quote Originally Posted by Okie RP fan View Post
    Yep, so the question becomes, what have, or what will, they be doing while all of us are stuck inside?
    There is an endgame here from the gov't and corporations (both). Something will definitely be done that lessens our "freedom" once this is all said and done. It.happens.with.every.crisis.
    I'll be watching the freeways through my window for troop movements?
    When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies? - Miguel de Cervantes, (Don Quixote)

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the Federal Reserve Notes of patriotic central banks

Quote Originally Posted by Okie RP fan View Post
    rough expectations for the coming 18-24 months:

tracking cell phones of the infected
    devaluing fiat to institute universal basic income and fund ops
    burying the bodies without option for funeral in mass graves
    providing better healthcare than you can get for the upper echelon
    enforcing quarantine on the defiant
    shuttering any and all businesses not aligned with providing food or fuel
    drafting soldiers / national guard to enforce curfew and quarantine
    constructing field hospitals and seizing private property for field hospitals
    nationalizing production of hospital equipment, PPE, and pharmacuticals
    enforcing shelter in place complete lock down in hot zones
    cancelling any and all gatherings of more than 10 people
    retail sales will plummet, many small businesses will go under further entrenching corporate power
    there will be mass unemployment
    there will be massive increase in the cost of common commodities
    trinkets, gadgets, and other uncommon commodities will become increasingly scarce
    there will be state funded food distribution points in every town
    there will be widespread closed borders policies at international level
    you may begin to see similar policies at the state and county level
    subways, air travel, trains, buses will all grind to a halt

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Never mind. I feel these were the good times. I hope you all enjoyed the cush life.
    Last edited by Slave Mentality; 03-18-2020 at 12:05 PM.

I'm pretty sure we're effectively there already. [EDIT: by this I mean, I see zero resistance to every state governor doing exactly what they're told and following the lead of fed - state sovereignty was firmly murdered in Obergefell vs. Hodges if you recall ]

Trump activates all FEMA regions by invoking defense production act:

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/tr...ma-all-regions

Shout out to all my homies in Region 7!

https://www.fema.gov/fema-regional-contacts
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

Quote Originally Posted by wizardwatson View Post
    I'm pretty sure we're effectively there already. [EDIT: by this I mean, I see zero resistance to every state governor doing exactly what they're told and following the lead of fed - state sovereignty was firmly murdered in Obergefell vs. Hodges if you recall ]

Shutting down private businesses and shelter in place orders is Marshall Law. It's just not tanks in the streets and checkpoints....yet.

Region 4 Out

Quote Originally Posted by wizardwatson View Post

All my homies in the county in cell block 6!

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It seems to me that "martial law" has been overused to the point that it's lost clear meaning.

What does "martial law" mean to you people, and what exactly are you worried might happen?

Is it just soldiers doing law enforcement which concerns you, or you expect a military coup, or what?

...not being sarcastic, genuinely curious.
    "Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."

-H. L. Mencken

https://www.fox5ny.com/news/californ...case-scenarios

In readying the National Guard for action, Newsom’s office emphasized that it’s for duties routinely performed during natural disasters and other emergencies. But Newsom grimly added that “we have the ability to do martial law ... if we feel the necessity.”

Imposing martial law would take the extraordinary step of replacing the usual laws with military authority, with the possible suspension of civil liberties like freedom of association and movement.

Here’s the latest National Guard mobilizations by state
    https://www.militarytimes.com/news/c...ions-by-state/
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

I have received travel and gas documents as a first responder for infrastructure support for "when" it becomes papers please.
    “[T]he enshrinement of constitutional rights necessarily takes certain policy choices off the table.” (Heller, 554 U.S., at ___, 128 S.Ct., at 2822.)

How long before "going liberal" replaces "going postal"?

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    It seems to me that "martial law" has been overused to the point that it's lost clear meaning.

What does "martial law" mean to you people, and what exactly are you worried might happen?

Is it just soldiers doing law enforcement which concerns you, or you expect a military coup, or what?

...not being sarcastic, genuinely curious.
    Basic freedoms being restricted at the barrel of a gun. Forced mass quarantines in military containment camps. Forced vaccinations at gunpoint. Suspension of elections. Censorship of dissenting voices. Gun confiscation. Internal travel restrictions. Etc.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Basic freedoms being restricted at the barrel of a gun. Forced mass quarantines in military containment camps. Forced vaccinations at gunpoint. Suspension of elections. Censorship of dissenting voices. Gun confiscation. Internal travel restrictions. Etc.
    It's for your own good comrade.

Think of the children.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast