Thread: Mass Bars and restaurants clos for a month by order of Gov

Mass Bars and restaurants clos for a month by order of Gov

Other states and cities with closings are California , Illinois , Ohio , Nashville Tenn , NYC, five Penn. counties, Washington and New Orleans .
    Last edited by oyarde; 03-16-2020 at 06:54 AM.
    Do something Danke

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I have a feeling it will happen here in Canada very soon. The most damage would hurt the local cafes.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Other states and cities with closings are California , Illinois , Ohio , Nashville Tenn , NYC, five Penn. counties and New Orleans .
    DW was listening to an interview by some health official that advises Trump last night. And he was saying he and others are recommending to Trump that mandate 48hour or longer house-restriction nationwide. That so far trump has resisted.

I would not go to Mass but if I did hopefully AF would host me for a drink .
    Do something Danke

Rumors are Canada will be shutting down to non residents . That would hurt the economy there a great deal I think .
    Do something Danke

This is going to lead to mass unemployment.

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    This is going to lead to mass unemployment.
    11 states now , add Maryland , New Jersey , New York , Rhode Island , Michigan and Conn to the list .
    Do something Danke

How is this "mandate" even considered legal when most states constitutions forbid governments from denying freedom of assembly?
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I would not go to Mass but if I did hopefully AF would host me for a drink .
    Of course, Great Sachem.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    How is this "mandate" even considered legal when most states constitutions forbid governments from denying freedom of assembly?
    Oh piffle...you and your "bills of rights" and "due process".
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Once again the Government is destroying Jobs!

This better not get announced in Indiana. My birthday is tomorrow and I plan on going out to eat to celebrate by the end of the week.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    Most likely they have declared states of emergency, which probably allows it.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

This is a tough one. Many people can’t lose income. I’d assume that employees could get expedited UI.

I wonder if some landlords would share in the burden if a business is temporarily closed down? Perhaps this order makes that more likely?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    This better not get announced in Indiana. My birthday is tomorrow and I plan on going out to eat to celebrate by the end of the week.
    I'll have a shot of Beam for you . Happy Birthday !
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    This is a tough one. Many people can’t lose income. I’d assume that employees could get expedited UI.

I wonder if some landlords would share in the burden if a business is temporarily closed down? Perhaps this order makes that more likely?
    I have seen some local utilities say they will not shut off utilities during the crisis which is fine until it is over, but it's not like people who have been unemployed are suddenly going to have funds to catch up.

If this lasts for long there are going to be a huge number of very financially hurt people. When studies have shown that over half the country would have to go into debt to handle a $500 emergency, I think this counts as an emergency. Businesses will also be hurting. I can't imagine how much corned beef for St Patty day festivities is going to go to waste at every local bar.
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post

I can mail out notices to the two guys renting my two rentals that if the pay me all the money they owe me from years prior out of tax refunds I will wave June & July rent after I pay May property tax .LOL
    Do something Danke

Welp bars and restaurants are closed in Indiana now. @oyarde we should scalp the people responsible for this.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Well, today is the first day of PA shut down. No work for me (Mel's Diner) till further notice !!!
    I fired up 1 of 3 smokers early this morning. This is like a vacation to me.

Got a 2 month head start on my smoked meats and jerky !!!

YeeeHawwww

Now if only Ron Paul was running for POTUS ... sooo much time on my hands !!!!
    "Never Miss a Good Chance to Shut up"

Gov. Walz closes restaurants and bars until March 27

Walz closes all MN restaurants, bars to public. Also: fitness clubs, theaters, more. Delivery and curbside pickup OK.

Gov. Tim Walz on Monday closed all Minnesota restaurants and bars to the public in response to the coronavirus pandemic.
    Also closed: movie theaters, fitness clubs, gyms, cafes, bowling alleys, bingo halls, hookah bars, arcades, and country clubs — to name a few of a wide range of closures of businesses where people gather and can spread germs.
    “We’re seeing people still congregate in large numbers,” Walz said, emphasizing that Minnesota is entering a crucial window for slowing the spread of COVID-19. “We need to stop congregating.”
    The order goes into effect at 5 p.m. Tuesday and extends to 5 p.m. March 27 — although Walz said he expects he will likely order the closures to last beyond that.

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Welp bars and restaurants are closed in Indiana now. @oyarde we should scalp the people responsible for this.
    true , surrendering commerce like that is pretty candyass this early in the game .
    Do something Danke

Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday Bro! I like Grover Cleveland a lot 2nd best President in the US History

N.C. just closed bars and restaurants. Going to church is now a misdemeanor.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Houston closed bars for 2 weeks and restaurants closed to dining in.

Happy Birthday AG!

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Florida Governor just did this nonsense:

http://miamiherald.com/news/coronavi...241265686.html
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Bars still open in seven states , Tenn ( not Nashville ) , texas ( not Houston ) , Indian Territory , Missouri , Mississippi , Wyoming and Idaho .
    Do something Danke

City of Atlanta shutdown bars today. A lot of other smaller communities have shut them down, too. I wouldn't be surprised if the state shuts everyone down.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.