Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GOLD $ 1462 Silver $11.95

“[T]he enshrinement of constitutional rights necessarily takes certain policy choices off the table.” (Heller, 554 U.S., at ___, 128 S.Ct., at 2822.)

How long before "going liberal" replaces "going postal"?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Silver is free if you can find some .
    Do something Danke

Gold:Silver is close to 120:1!

If my wife wouldn't kill me, I'd be VERY tempted to re-mortgage the house and put it all into silver, lol. If I could find any physical that isn't $5 over spot.
    "The journalist is one who separates the wheat from the chaff, and then prints the chaff." - Adlai Stevenson

“I tell you that virtue does not come from money: but from virtue comes money and all other good things to man, both to the individual and to the state.” - Socrates

Fake paper silver is cheap, but the real stuff is gonna cost ya $$$$$.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    Fake paper silver is cheap, but the real stuff is gonna cost ya $$$$$.
    what is the premium?

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    what is the premium?
    Apmex is offering a "deal" $50 bag of junk silver for $6.99 over spot. $728.94
    Got a bag a couple of weeks ago for $640.

https://www.apmex.com/product/68839/...face-value-bag

what is the premium?
    Silver eagle will cost you $23. We have an almost 100% premium right now.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Silver eagle will cost you $23. We have an almost 100% premium right now.
    Wow.

I'm a bit nervous buying silver because it does seem to get hammered more than gold...

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Wow.

I'm a bit nervous buying silver because it does seem to get hammered more than gold...
    Isn't that the time to buy? But if you can't get physical without paying basically 100% premium then what's the play? Silver miners?

Quote Originally Posted by BortSimpson View Post
    Isn't that the time to buy? But if you can't get physical without paying basically 100% premium then what's the play? Silver miners?
    I just buy gold and have some cash. Stocks can go to zero,

This won't last long. APMEX is out of the silver bars I normally buy as the demand for physical skyrocketing. Picked up another 20 oz on Saturday before they ran out. They have some other 1oz bars around $15.70/oz currently.
    “...& they did it to make us safe?!? The media just pounds it in that without this type of operation we as Americans won’t be safe. And yet the exact opposite is happening.” Ron Paul on the killing of Soleimani

i've never seen a spread like this - the silver eagles are $24.11 on APMEX for quantities under 20. Insane.

Quote Originally Posted by smokemonsc View Post
    i've never seen a spread like this - the silver eagles are $24.11 on APMEX for quantities under 20. Insane.
    It is because the spot price is just paper shares .
    Do something Danke

Gold 1510 ,silver 13.00 , copper 2 1/2 , wholesale gasoline .90 cents . Dow fire sale , could end tomorrow more than 1/3 down from high a few days ago . No bottom in sight.
    Do something Danke

Asian Market opens in about 20 minutes
    Do something Danke

There are real shortages right now in the retail bullion market, but that doesn't mean physical's decoupling from paper.

It's like toilet paper IMO, no real shortage, long run, everybody's just gotten the same idea at the same time.

APMEX et al will be restocked, with premiums down, in a few days/weeks.

That said, this is a major buying opportunity for the sector in general.

There are fortunes to be made in the curbstomped miners if you're willing to pick the bloody teeth up off Wall and Broad.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    TP is the new gold, and it will never go to zero!
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Gold 1804.90 , silver 18.43 after reaching 18.54 last night , I'm expecting 1810 today .
    Last edited by oyarde; 07-08-2020 at 07:05 AM.

Gold up 21 1/2 percent from Mar

Jul 24, 2020

Fridays close premiums , +6.25 on 2020 Silver Eagles , +5.95 on backdates in sealed monster boxes , +5.65 on unopened , fresh backdate tubes . Common Proof Silver Eagles 42.00 ea with box and paper . About Uncirculated pre 1921 Morgan dollars buy 31.50 - 33.50 , Fine + common Peace Dollars 21.50 - 23.75 . Generic silver rounds +2.15 , Silver Eagle retail , probably 30.00 or more on 22.71 silver . Gold 1901.30 .
    Last edited by oyarde; 07-25-2020 at 07:09 PM.

Silver 26.06 , Gold 1980

Good lord, a SAE is over $40 at APMEX.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Just curious, anyone buying in this market? Anyone buying with these premiums? Can’t say I’d buy into this run... but don’t think I’d sell either. Actually not true. Am considering losing a few more ounces of palladium but may wait a few days just in case it tests the old high of $2700.
    "Nobody wins in a Dairy Challenge" ~ Kenny Rogers, RIP

"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest." ~ anonymous

“The fate of all mankind I see
    Is in the hands of fools” ~ King Crimson

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by sam1952 View Post
    Just curious, anyone buying in this market? Anyone buying with these premiums? Can’t say I’d buy into this run... but don’t think I’d sell either. Actually not true. Am considering losing a few more ounces of palladium but may wait a few days just in case it tests the old high of $2700.
    I know a few that are selling, and less than the premiums I am seeing.
    “[T]he enshrinement of constitutional rights necessarily takes certain policy choices off the table.” (Heller, 554 U.S., at ___, 128 S.Ct., at 2822.)

How long before "going liberal" replaces "going postal"?

I think availability is much more of an ongoing concern than prices are and should be the driving factor behind deciding whether to buy or not.

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    I think availability is much more of an ongoing concern than prices are and should be the driving factor behind deciding whether to buy or not.
    Not that I’ve done a lot of searching but did see 1oz maples on kitco for $2036, a little over $100 in premium. No sliver ASE’s, buffalos or maples in stock. Did see a generic round for $29.32, $5+ over spot.
    "Nobody wins in a Dairy Challenge" ~ Kenny Rogers, RIP

"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest." ~ anonymous

“The fate of all mankind I see
    Is in the hands of fools” ~ King Crimson

Not that I’ve done a lot of searching but did see 1oz maples on kitco for $2036, a little over $100 in premium. No sliver ASE’s, buffalos or maples in stock. Did see a generic round for $29.32, $5+ over spot.
    My thought was more directed at silver than gold but your observation jives with it. Someone posted another thread that the US Mint is shutting down SAE production in favor of GAE production. Seems obvious to me that a goal there is to keep the metals that are out of the price range of most people available, while shutting off access to the affordable lil' brother.

Plus, if there's a ramp up to war ongoing (and it seems there probably is based on recent propaganda), silver becomes extremely valuable for missile production, for example, and available stocks would be redirected toward any war effort. There's 50 pounds of silver in a single Tomahawk missile. There simply won't be any available except for stackers selling their own.
    Last edited by devil21; 07-28-2020 at 02:56 PM.

Owning physical metal has been an awful idea forever. You have storage costs and it is a pretty illiquid market that you take a huge hit on buying and selling. If you are bullish on a metal buying the futures or an etf is much better. And if you the world rapidly does go to hell and you think the physical metals are necessary then you can always convert your etf position to metals.

Long story short, the physical metals are expensive insurance policy that has been a terrible bet. Dealers like Peter Schiff will thank you for your donation to their nice lifestyles though.

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    Owning physical metal has been an awful idea forever. You have storage costs and it is a pretty illiquid market that you take a huge hit on buying and selling. If you are bullish on a metal buying the futures or an etf is much better. And if you the world rapidly does go to hell and you think the physical metals are necessary then you can always convert your etf position to metals.

Long story short, the physical metals are expensive insurance policy that has been a terrible bet. Dealers like Peter Schiff will thank you for your donation to their nice lifestyles though.
    Sorry but that post is loaded with bs and it's obvious you're now here only to push the rigged stock markets instead of real money and wealth. Usually I don't mind your zippyesque posts but I can't let that one slide.

Gold is up about 7X from 2000. Dow is up 2.5X. NASDAQ isn't even up 2X. So even if you held index funds the entire time from 2000 to present day, they're still way outperformed by physical gold even *with* the ridiculous paper suppression games. ETFs like GLD have minimum redemption limits and most of the "gold" that enters their inventory is PAPER CONTRACTS, not physical metals, so good luck even getting the physical.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast