Thread: Amazon Prohibits Man from Selling over 17K Bottles of Hand Sanitizer

Exclamation Amazon Prohibits Man from Selling over 17K Bottles of Hand Sanitizer

Amazon Prohibits Man from Selling over 17K Bottles of Hand Sanitizer

https://www.breitbart.com/health/202...and-sanitizer/

AMY FURR 14 Mar 2020

A man with a huge amount of hand sanitizer in Chattanooga, Tennessee, was recently barred from selling it online.

One day after news of the first coronavirus death in the United States was reported, brothers Matt and Noah Colvin began cleaning out their local store shelves of sanitizing products, according to the New York Times.

For the next three days, Noah drove across Tennessee to Kentucky and filled a U-Haul truck with hand sanitizer and antibacterial wipes he bought from “little hole-in-the-wall dollar stores in the backwoods,” his brother explained, because “the major metro areas were cleaned out.”

Matt remained in Chattanooga to receive shipments of sanitizer and wipes he ordered online, with the intention of selling them on his Amazon account.

“Mr. Colvin said he had posted 300 bottles of hand sanitizer and immediately sold them all for between $8 and $70 each, multiples higher than what he had bought them for,” the article read.

However, Amazon pulled the items from his account and thousands of other listings the next day and suspended some of the sellers for their actions.

The company also warned them that if they kept running up prices, they would lose their accounts entirely.

Thursday, an Amazon spokesperson told CBS News that there was “no place for price gouging” on its website and that the company was disappointed people were trying to raise prices during the global health crisis.

“Price gouging is a clear violation of our policies, unethical, and in some areas, illegal. In addition to terminating these third party accounts, we welcome the opportunity to work directly with states attorneys general to prosecute bad actors,” the spokesperson commented.

Wednesday, Amazon informed sellers of its decision to restrict who could sell health and sanitation products on its third-party Marketplace platform, according to the Verge.

The note read:

You are receiving this message because you are currently selling, or have previously sold, products such as disposable face masks, hand sanitizers, disinfecting wipes/sprays, isopropyl alcohol or related products. We have implemented more stringent requirements to sell these products in our store and as a result, your offers have been removed. We are not accepting applications to sell these products at this time.

However, Matt does not see his actions as price gouging because while he charged $20 for two bottles of Purell whose retail prices were $1 each, he claimed that people forget his price includes labor, Amazon’s fees, and about $10 for shipping costs.

“I honestly feel like it’s a public service,” he commented, referring to cities where the products are most in demand.

Now, Matt said because of all the backlash he is unsure about what he will do with his 17,700 bottles of hand sanitizer.

“From being in a situation where what I’ve got coming and going could potentially put my family in a really good place financially to ‘What the heck am I going to do with all of this?’” he concluded.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So now, instead of some people having products that they want or need, nobody has any.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

They'll probably just sell them on ebay.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Reading the comments on Twitter on this confirms my belief in how stupid 90% of the population is.

If this seller was a Wall St crony, they would be allowed to keep selling, and then get a government bailout when they ran out of stock.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Does he have any toilet paper he's willing to sell?
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

He should accept Bitcoin.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    From a private property perspective, Amazon is free to not allow any seller they don’t want to allow. Competition could then step in, if they want to. They always have the option of creating their own website and selling directly to willing buyers.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    That's what I would do , open the auction at my cost . I would never have gone to amazon .
    Do something Danke

Fake story to stir politics. the top 1 percent are smart enough to do this

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    So now, instead of some people having products that they want or need, nobody has any.
    I know where there are 17,000 bottles they are free to buy, because free enterprise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ryan
    In Washington you can see them everywhere: the Parasites and baby Stalins sucking the life out of a once-great nation.

Per registered decision, member has been banned for violating community standards as interpreted by TheTexan (respect his authoritah) as authorized by Brian4Liberty Ruling

May God have mercy on his atheist, police-hating, non-voting, anarchist soul.
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 06-06-2020 at 07:38 PM.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

Well, that's unfortunate, Amazon bowing to popular pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    Reading the comments on Twitter on this confirms my belief in how stupid 90% of the population is.

What the local stores should have done to prevent this.

9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    However, Matt does not see his actions as price gouging because while he charged $20 for two bottles of Purell whose retail prices were $1 each, he claimed that people forget his price includes labor, Amazon’s fees, and about $10 for shipping costs.
    Ummmm....no. As someone who's done Amazon FBA I know that he could ship a lot of hand sanitizer in one box so his shipping cost per bottle would be much less than $10.

“I honestly feel like it’s a public service,” he commented, referring to cities where the products are most in demand.

Now, Matt said because of all the backlash he is unsure about what he will do with his 17,700 bottles of hand sanitizer.

“From being in a situation where what I’ve got coming and going could potentially put my family in a really good place financially to ‘What the heck am I going to do with all of this?’” he concluded.
    Well he could sell it on eBay or set up his own Shoppify store, but NOW he will be totally hosed on the shipping costs. He should sell on Craigslist.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Now trending on YouTube.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Now trending on YouTube.

Good luck finding Purell.

Lacquer thinner is pretty effective.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Good luck finding Purell.
    Hence the video. How to make your own. You need alcohol and some type of moisturizing gel. In a pinch vodka and hair gel will do. That is...until more people watch this video.

Hence the video. How to make your own. You need alcohol and some type of moisturizing gel. In a pinch vodka and hair gel will do. That is...until more people watch this video.
    It's got to be at least 120 proof, I believe.

AMY FURR
    There're some who have no H. They aren't real Furrhs
    "It's probably the biggest hoax since Big Foot!" - Mitt Romney 1-16-2012 SC Debate

I wont be mad of they'd nationalized that company. They should be support free exchange of good and services and if not? Then let the state take it over.

Quote Originally Posted by dokkie View Post
    I wont be mad of they'd nationalized that company. They should be support free exchange of good and services and if not? Then let the state take it over.
    But if Obama nationalized it all bets are off
    "It's probably the biggest hoax since Big Foot!" - Mitt Romney 1-16-2012 SC Debate

Well he could sell it on eBay or set up his own Shoppify store, but NOW he will be totally hosed on the shipping costs. He should sell on Craigslist.
    Too late for that. He donated 2/3 of it to a church, before the government confiscated the other 1/3.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dokkie View Post

If Walmart refuses to let you sell your cat sweaters in their store, that's not cause to nationalize them.

You know, it occurs to me that Amazon might have done this in reaction to states imposing price controls.

Amazon is already persona non grata with a lot of states over sales tax.

Maybe they're trying to preempt state orders fixing prices on their site?

Bump

Okay so everyone has heard of the possible upcoming food shortages. What happens if a person takes the initiative to buy lots of something and sell it for an inflated price when it becomes scarce? Is that price gouging or a smart business decision based on supply and demand?
    Last edited by GlennwaldSnowdenAssanged; 05-25-2022 at 10:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennwaldSnowdenAssanged View Post
    Bump

Okay so everyone has heard of the possible upcoming food shortages. What happens if a person takes the initiative to but lots of something and sell it for an inflated price when it becomes scarce? Is that price gouging or a smart business decision based on supply and demand?
    Depends how much of the profit he or she kicks back to politicians.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.