Thread: NY-Gov threatens hand sanitizer "price gougers" with prison made NY State Sanitizer

Exclamation NY-Gov threatens hand sanitizer "price gougers" with prison made NY State Sanitizer

New York Using Prison Labor to Make ‘Superior’ Hand Sanitizer

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...and-sanitizer/

JOSHUA CAPLAN 9 Mar 2020

New York state announced Monday that it is using prison labor to produce its own hand sanitizer product in an effort to contain the spread of the deadly coronavirus.

“We are introducing New York State clean hand sanitizer, made conveniently by the state of New York,” said Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D) said in a press conference. Cuomo claimed that the sanitizer is superior to others because it contains 75 percent alcohol.

“To Purell, and Mr. Amazon and Mr. eBay, if you continue the price gouging, we will introduce our product, which is superior to your product,” said Cuomo. “And you don’t even have the floral bouquet, so stop price gouging.”

ABC News

New York Governor Andrew Cuomo announces hand sanitizer created by the state, and says it will be distributed to schools, governmental agencies, MTA, prisons and more, calling it "a superior product to products now on the market." http://abcn.ws/39xbJP8 #coronavirus

Embedded video
    12:12 PM - Mar 9, 2020

Corcraft Products, operated by New York’s Department of Correctional Services, Division of Industries, is manufacturing the product and expects to pump out 100,000 gallons weekly.

The supplier’s mission, according to its website, is to “employ inmates in substantive jobs that help teach a good work ethic and valuable work skills, to help offset the cost of incarceration, to help reduce disruption in the prison environment and to meet expectations of New York State’s citizens.”

Cuomo also announced 37 new confirmed cases of the coronavirus in New York, sending the state’s total to 142.

On Saturday, Cuomo announced a state of emergency, allowing “expedited purchasing and expedited hiring” to combat the illness.

“Westchester is an obvious problem,” the governor told reporters. “We talk about contagion in clusters; clusters tend to infect more and more people.”

“We are [being] hypercautious,” he added.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is what Sanders wants for everything.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    This is what Sanders wants for everything.
    So does Biden...he's just not as honest about it.

This is turning into a totalitarians wet dream. None of this passes the smell test, damn local schools just shut own for 6 weeks. Six Weeks! I don't like where this is headed at all and I'm having a hard time believing it's as bad as they're making it out to be.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This is turning into a totalitarians wet dream. None of this passes the smell test, damn local schools just shut own for 6 weeks. Six Weeks! I don't like where this is headed at all and I'm having a hard time believing it's as bad as they're making it out to be.
    There are only two possibilities here, neither one very pleasant:

1 - This is all overblown nonsense, and, like 9/11, will utterly alter life afterwards, in bad ways, with even more government and more control in our daily lives.

2 - This is a closing the barn door after the horse has escaped, aknee jerk reaction of panic, and this pathogen is much more virulent and communicable than the "experts" are admitting, and millions are soon going to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

1 - This is all overblown nonsense, and, like 9/11, will utterly alter life afterwards, in bad ways, with even more government and more control in our daily lives.

2 - This is a closing the barn door after the horse has escaped, aknee jerk reaction of panic, and this pathogen is much more virulent and communicable than the "experts" are admitting, and millions are soon going to die.
    I agree, and my money is on #1.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    I agree, and my money is on #1.
    It's happened before.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

Good thoughts, and this is where my mind has mostly been as of late. It's perplexing and interesting to watch the responses to this. I can't help but think one of two things:

1. This is something potentially very bad and could be the "big one" that's been talked about for so long that wipes out a sizable chunk of the world population (which is almost too coincidental given the state of where we're at with the climate change talks + overpopulation, etc.).

2. This is being used as some segue by world governments, state governments, etc. to further push themselves into our lives under the guise of safety. Much akin to 9/11, the shoe bomber, etc. The evidence is already overwhelming on this one.

I've been floating around a third option that goes into tinfoil hat territory, which I know many of us love on here. That would be this is mainly media driven in a bid to wreck the economy, pressure Trump with his response to this, and shake the foundations.
    Welcome to the R3VOLUTION!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    All you need is some 12o proof liquor .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    All you need is some 12o proof liquor .
    It rubs the whiskey on it's skin, or else it gets the hose again.

I was thinking of making up a few gallons of homemade hand sanitizer and putting them in little bottles. Then putting the kid and his friend out on the street with a table and selling them this weekend. I think he could make buckets of cash.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    I was thinking of making up a few gallons of homemade hand sanitizer and putting them in little bottles. Then putting the kid and his friend out on the street with a table and selling them this weekend. I think he could make buckets of cash.
    Trying to get your kid educated?

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    Trying to get your kid educated?
    I teach my kid not to be constantly afraid of trying something.

I teach my kid not to be constantly afraid of trying something.
    I applaud that.

7-Eleven owner in NJ arrested after selling homemade sanitizer that burned 4 children
    https://www.bing.com/news/search?q=N...sted&FORM=EWRE
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner