Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trump – Man of steel

Trump – Man of steel

I have sometimes tried to find something unique about President Donald, and I think I finally find something that makes dirty Donald stand out from his corrupt predecessor presidents.
    Donald seems to be the first in a long, long time that could be considered a genuine steel-president (opposed to the many, oil/bank-presidents we’ve seen).

The result of the 25% tariffs on steel imports since March 2018 is devastating on the US economy.
    This results in higher prices for steel in the US, for which only the US-based steel companies profit. This inflatory effect on steel prices is even higher because of Trump’s approval of the Keystone XL oil pipeline and the US-Mexico border wall for which steel is needed.

While the American steel companies (ironically some of the owned by foreigners) profit from the policies of the Trump administration other sectors that use steel get into serious trouble. Because the higher prices for steel they have a competitive disadvantage compared to foreign firms.

According to the Trade Partnership Worldwide, higher costs from steel and aluminium tariffs would reduce US gross domestic product (GDP) by 0.2% annually. They also predicted that showed that for every job created in the steel or aluminium sector, 16 jobs would be lost in other US sectors, resulting in a loss of jobs due to the tariffs.
    This isn’t surprising as jobs in steel-using industries outnumber those in steel production by about 80 to 1.

Brazil, Argentina, Australia, Canada, Mexico and South Korea are exempt from the additional tariffs on derivative steel products.
    This means that the Ferrous Resources of Trump’s friend Carl Icahn, located in Brazil, will profit from the higher prices for exports to the US: https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...7.cms?from=mdr
    (http://archive.is/sSyvv)

I have seen some stories from the international media and politricksters about the terrors of these tariffs for steel exports. In a strange twist for many of his adoring fans, this really confirms that Trump is the threat to the “globalists” establishment that will Make America Great Again.
    But the exact opposite is true.

While the steel prices in the US will rise, with a disastrous effect on other sectors in the US that use steel for their products, steel prices in other countries across the globe will drop...
    While this is bad for the steel producing companies, other companies that use steel will profit from the lower prices. With the result that the tariffs will have a negative effect on the US economy, but a positive effect on the world economy.
    Because of the higher prices for steel in the US, but lower prices in other countries, some companies (like Harley Davidson) have moved their production overseas. This will make the negative effects for the US economy even worse, while foreign economies will profit even more.

Some countries have understandably retaliated by imposing higher tariffs on products from the US.
    Hypothetically speaking the US could profit from the better world economy caused by the lower international steel prices in foreign territories, but not if the higher tariffs are only between the US and the rest of the world.

According to the Peterson Institute, US consumers and businesses pay more than $900,000 (£690,750) a year, for every job saved or created by Trump’s steel tariffs, "The reason it's so high is that steel is a very capital intensive industry. There are not many workers".
    According to experts, the effect is similar for Trump's other tariffs; the tariffs on washing machines cost consumers $815,000 per job created.

The Peterson Institute estimates the additional cost of the steel tariffs to the US economy at $11.5 billion a year, because steel prices are about 10% higher, with only 12,700 jobs created in the steel sector.
    $11.5 billion / 12,700 jobs = $905,512 per job...

Supporters of Trump's steel tariffs include Tom Gibson, who said the tariffs are righting years of foreign nations like China undercutting US steel production. Gibson points out that imports have fallen from 29% a year ago to 20% and US steel mills are now running at more than 80% capacity, a level not seen in over a decade.
    Supporters of the tariffs also boast that the US Treasury is receiving more revenue from the tariffs and that the longer the tariffs endure the more the domestic industry will thrive.

Of course in reality the longer the tariffs will remain, the more the US economy will suffer...
    Trump has claimed other countries pay for the tariffs, but in reality the tariffs are paid for by Americans: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a8904366.html
    (http://archive.is/MWjQQ)

Tariffs imposed by President Donald Trump have cost American companies $46 billion since February 2018 and US exports hit by retaliatory tariffs have fallen sharply...

Total US exports in 2018 were higher than in 2017, but retaliatory tariffs slowed growth and exports have declined in 2019.

US exports of goods to China hit by retaliatory tariffs were 26% lower in the 12 months ending November 2018 than the year before.
    Exports of items not facing such tariffs were 10% higher than 2017 levels.

In January, China’s Vice Premier Liu He signed a trade deal at the White House.
    As part of that deal, the United States halves the 15% tariffs imposed in September 2019, but 25% tariffs on Chinese products instated earlier will remain: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN1Z8222
    (http://archive.is/2ZGp8)
    Last edited by Firestarter; 02-29-2020 at 09:56 AM.
    Do NOT ever read my posts. Google and Yahoo wouldn’t block them without a very good reason: Google-censors-the-world/page3

The Order of the Garter rules the world: Order of the Garter and the Carolingian dynasty

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

American Abramovich-steel

On 24 January 2017, one of President Donald Trump’s first actions in office was to sign an executive order to approve the Keystone XL (owned by TransCanada).

40 percent of the steel for the Keystone XL pipeline, by 2015 550 miles of steel pipe was manufactured in Canada by a subsidiary of Evraz; for 31% owned by Russian Lubavitcher Roman Abramovich, who’s close to both Putin and Trump.
    Evraz owns 3 steel mills in the US, but the pipes for Keystone XL project were produced in its Regina mill in Saskatchewan, Canada: https://www.desmogblog.com/2017/02/1...stone-xl-steel

Roman Abramovich’s Evraz Group SA also produces 75% of the pipes for the Kinder Morgan Trans Mountain pipeline in Canada. Most of it is also produced in Evraz’s Regina mill.
    Abramovich once gave a $25-million yacht to his long-time ally Vladimir Putin: https://theenergymix.com/2018/05/18/...pipeline-deal/

According to the following, the buddy of Ivanka and Jared Kushner, “Russian” oligarch Roman Abramovich (reportedly Israel’s richest man), will profit from the US-Mexico border wall. It would seem "logical" that Roman Abramovich is somehow involved in supplying the steel for the border wall, but I haven't been able to confirm this...

Abramovich through Russia's second-largest steel company Evraz controls 3 American steel companies (in Pueblo Colorado, in Portland Oregon and in Chicago): http://archive.is/78Hcl

Nat Rothschild is business partners and close personal friends with Roman Abramovich and Oleg Deripaska…
    Jared and Ivanka Kushner shared a box at the 2016 US Open with amongst others Zhukova. See at the US Open (clockwise from top left): Michael Kives, Wendi Deng (Rupert Murdoch’s ex-wife), unknown guest, John Hess, Princess Beatrice, Karlie Kloss, Dasha Zhukova, David Geffen, Michael Hess, Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner.

In 2014, Abramovich’s wife Dasha Zhukova (they now live separated) showed Ivanka and Jared Kushner around in Russia and in 2017 even attended Trump’s inauguration as their guest.
    Zhukova is also a friend and business partner of Rupert Murdoch’s ex-wife Wendi Deng, one of Ivanka’s closest friends, and a friend of Karlie Kloss, the long-time girlfriend, fiancée of Jared’s brother, Josh Kushner: www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3784716/Ivanka-Trump-Karlie-Kloss-Wendi-Deng-Murdoch-watch-Open.html
    Last edited by Firestarter; 03-01-2020 at 08:35 AM.
    Do NOT ever read my posts. Google and Yahoo wouldn’t block them without a very good reason: Google-censors-the-world/page3

The Order of the Garter rules the world: Order of the Garter and the Carolingian dynasty

I would much rather read your synopses of the story, then your take on it , long
    before I read the article, I would read it though after you put forth the effort to
    put yourself out there and make a commitment.
    I don't just say this to you , but most of the posters do exactly what you just did,
    at least you posted a lot of the text though, instead of just a link.

:thumpsup:

Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    I would much rather read your synopses of the story, then your take on it , long
    In general my posts in “my” threads are a combination of summary of the referenced articles/books mixed with my own opinions.

It doesn’t happen often that I find articles that I rate of high quality. Because there are so very few articles that I find “worthy” of being posted; in this way I can post without having to agree with the articles in the links.
    Although in all honesty I don’t think that all of my “older” posts are very good either.

before I read the article, I would read it though after you put forth the effort to
    put yourself out there and make a commitment.
    I don't just say this to you , but most of the posters do exactly what you just did,
    at least you posted a lot of the text though, instead of just a link.
    I haven’t seen (m)any members that post the way I do (which is a labour intensive way of posting)...

I think that on Ronpaulforums.com there are too many of what I call “one article” threads.
    These are the threads with one video or article copy-pasted in the Original Post and that’s basically the whole thread; with sometimes members joining in with one line comments for a reaction...

In February 2019, the following list of companies to profit from Trump’s border wall was published.

SLSCO, founded by brothers Todd, Billy and Johnny Sullivan, scored $310 million in contracts for border-security.

Montana-based Barnard Construction Co., founded by Tim Barnard, won a $172 million contract to build 32 miles of wall in Arizona.

Companies focused on high-tech border security that could benefit include.
    Israel’s Elbit Systems (of America?);
    Israel-based Magal Security Systems: https://www.marketwatch.com/story/he...all-2019-02-22

Canadian steel billionaire Barry Zekelman has lobbied Trump for steel tariffs and his Wheatland Tube contributed $1.75 million to a pro-Trump super PAC. Atlas Tube is the Chicago-based division of Zekelman Industries supplies a huge amount of steel for the border wall in Arizona, where Trump intervened to help a bidder that was originally rejected.
    Foreigners aren’t allowed to directly influence US policy, but hey, this is the land of the free!
    On 30 April 2018, Barry Zekelman met Donald and Don Jr Trump to talk about steel tariffs in the presence of none other than Lev Parnas. After the 25% import tariff on steel, sales at Zekelman’s U.S. plants surged.

An $891 million contract for 43 miles of wall on the Cabeza Prieta Wildlife Refuge was awarded to Southwest Valley Constructors, the New Mexico-based affiliate of Kiewit Corporation.

The rest of the wall on Cabeza Prieta will be built by Fisher Sand and Gravel, whose owner Tommy Fisher, led a “whirlwind media campaign” and paid lobbyists more than $100,000 to get wall contracts. This included the efforts of Senator Kevin Cramer.
    Reportedly Trump and son-in-law Jared Kushner personally urged the head of the Army Corps to award a $268 million contract to Fisher, even after his bid was rejected. The value of the contract could rise to nearly $400 million: http://archive.is/Pbt1J

Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    In general my posts in “my” threads are a combination of summary of the referenced articles/books mixed with my own opinions.

It doesn’t happen often that I find articles that I rate of high quality. Because there are so very few articles that I find “worthy” of being posted; in this way I can post without having to agree with the articles in the links.
    Although in all honesty I don’t think that all of my “older” posts are very good either.

I haven’t seen (m)any members that post the way I do (which is a labour intensive way of posting)...

I think that on Ronpaulforums.com there are too many of what I call “one article” threads.
    These are the threads with one video or article copy-pasted in the Original Post and that’s basically the whole thread; with sometimes members joining in with one line comments for a reaction...
    Yes, and I apologize for not remembering who posts continually in 'that manor' and who doesn't
    I just throw this stuff out there.
    We have so many here that just post a link as I mentioned, I get the feeling they get paid per click, I'm very
    rarely a clicker.
    I appreciate your well written response.

The tariffs hurt us , the consumers, I wish I had a solution for dealing with China, I don't.b
    There is a dangerous cancer I see coming with the Chinese infiltration and control of our entertainment industry,
    MSM will be next which of course our MSM is already horrible, still it will look good by comparison.
    I think we should consider some kind of restriction on foreign investments in the US, china is not
    invading us to help preserve our culture, I see soft genocide to blunt genocide as their future plan
    for the US.
    China is already revising our history for us and inserting Chinese images on a massive scale
    throughout the entertainment and advertising industries, getting us acclimated to their presence on mass scale.
    I am quite alarmed to say the least, the Chinese in my view are setting us up.

Yes, and I apologize for not remembering who posts continually in 'that manor' and who doesn't
    I just throw this stuff out there.
    We have so many here that just post a link as I mentioned, I get the feeling they get paid per click, I'm very
    rarely a clicker.
    I appreciate your well written response.

The tariffs hurt us , the consumers, I wish I had a solution for dealing with China, I don't.b
    There is a dangerous cancer I see coming with the Chinese infiltration and control of our entertainment industry,
    MSM will be next which of course our MSM is already horrible, still it will look good by comparison.
    I think we should consider some kind of restriction on foreign investments in the US, china is not
    invading us to help preserve our culture, I see soft genocide to blunt genocide as their future plan
    for the US.
    China is already revising our history for us and inserting Chinese images on a massive scale
    throughout the entertainment and advertising industries, getting us acclimated to their presence on mass scale.
    I am quite alarmed to say the least, the Chinese in my view are setting us up.
    We shouldn't trade with China at all.
    They are slavers and they use trade warfare to destroy us.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I hadn't considered that , might be our best option, increase trade with Russia,
    end China's dumping all together, boost domestic economy.
    Demand that Google, operate either in China or US, not both , or face a financial and legislative firing squad.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Swordsmyth again.

I hadn't considered that , might be our best option, increase trade with Russia,
    end China's dumping all together, boost domestic economy.
    Demand that Google, operate either in China or US, not both , or face a financial and legislative firing squad.
    Sounds good to me.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Sounds good to me.
    I think we should have a program where the president or anyone in high office ,
    or even a citizen can 'tweet' on social media, a proposal , run a referendum and if
    it passes, Congress takes up the issue, and considers legislation.

The voting harder and contacting your reps is pretty much a waste of time in my view , we need
    something that works.

.....and the issue of China, is ripe, they are getting Armageddon dangerous to the US, and likely the
    rest of the world as well.

I think we should have a program where the president or anyone in high office ,
    or even a citizen can 'tweet' on social media, a proposal , run a referendum and if
    it passes, Congress takes up the issue, and considers legislation.

The voting harder and contacting your reps is pretty much a waste of time in my view , we need
    something that works.

.....and the issue of China, is ripe, they are getting Armageddon dangerous to the US, and likely the
    rest of the world as well.
    I like the idea of non-binding citizen referendums at the national level.
    But I wouldn't want anything binding unless it had high supermajority requirements.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

But I wouldn't want anything binding unless it had high supermajority requirements.
    No, of course, I agree, that's why I say if it passes Congress considers taking it further.

.........edit, but this way it's 'out there' , no one can claim they didn't know
    that the people had spoken.

No, of course, I agree, that's why I say if it passes Congress considers taking it further.

.........edit, but this way it's 'out there' , no one can claim they didn't know
    that the people had spoken.
    Exactly

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I like the idea of referendums, but only if it's binding...
    If it's not binding "they" can simply stage a referendum to push some policy down our throath, while claiming that it's really "our" wish!

In the Netherlands the media often use the EU to divert the blame from Dutch politicians.
    For some reason our wonderful media are completely silent (like a black-out) on this clear disregard for the voters. The Ukraine once again...

In the Netherlands a landslide voted against the EU/Ukraine association agreement in “referendum”, with 61% against 39%. King Willem-Alexander went ahead as if nothing happened because he has no reason at all to respect his subjects: http://www.express.co.uk/news/politi...sa-free-travel

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Man of Steel sounds about right.

Or 'Man of Steel and Spices' to be even more detailed.
    Maybe even Trump fans agree with the title of this thread?!?

Isn’t it strange that I started this investigation by searching for more information on the Indian Tata family oligarchs, who became rich from trafficking opium and are also steel magnates.
    The Tatas are business partners of the same George Soros that has financed none other than Donald Trump and his son-in-law Jared Kushner. George Soros is also a long-time employer of the widow of Mabel Wisse Smit, widow of Prince Friso of the Netherlands.

When I worked for the ABN Amro bank, they planned to outsource the department I worked for to Tata Communication Services. So they started a “reorganisation” in which unwanted personnel was unceremoniously fired: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post6329206

In 2007, Tata Steel acquired the huge polluting steel factories in IJmuiden (formerly Hoogovens) in the £6.2 billion Corus deal:
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post6951011

It would be obvious that if Donald is the first steel president in a long, long time that his February visit to India was all about steel?!?
    India is the world's third-largest steelmaker, but its steel exports have fallen with 46%, according to the Peterson Institute.

US President Donald Trump accompanied by amongst other Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross was expected to meet a group of Indian CEOs, including Sunil Bharti Mittal (Chairman of Bharti Airtel), N. Chandrasekaran (Chairman of Tata Sons and Baba Kalyani), and Lakshmi N. Mittal (Chairman of ArcelorMittal, and business partner of Wilbur Ross): https://www.businesstoday.in/current...ry/396781.html

Who could have guessed that Donald Trump’s handler, long-time Rothschild banker, and Donald’s Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross was also a steel magnate, who with his (former) business partners profit from Donald’s steel tariffs (designed by Wilbur himself!)?!?

On 1 March 2017, Wilbur Ross resigned from the board of directors of the largest steel manufacturer in the world, ArcelorMittal. With factories in the USA and Brazil (also exempted from Trump’s steel tariffs) to profit from the steel tariffs.
    Ross held $750,000 to $1.5 million in ArcelorMittal and, while he promised to divest his stake, he didn’t say how fast.

Wilbur Ross reported that he was on ArcelorMittal’s board since 2008, and that he earned about $107,000 in “director fees” in 2016.
    According to ArcelorMittal’s SEC filing, Ross was a director since 2005 and earned $171,000 in 2016 and $180,000 in 2015.

The biggest stake in ArcelorMittal (Luxembourg-based) is held by its chairman and CEO, the Indian Lakshmi Mittal (living in the UK, where else?!).
    Mittal has also been a board member of Goldman Sachs since 2008.

From 2013 to 2015, ArcelorMittal has lobbied for more than $3.5 million to get the Keystone XL pipeline approved.
    ArcelorMittal has sold huge amounts of steel for the Keystone XL pipeline. Most of it sold to Welspun Tubular in Arkansas from its plant in Bremen (Germany).

In the early 2000s, Ross bought up distressed American steel firms, and merged them under the name International Steel Group (ISG).
    In February 2002, ISG purchased LTV Group’s steel division. A couple of weeks later, President George W. Bush suddenly announced new tariffs on imported steel. Ross has later sort of admitted that he knew these tariffs were coming!

In late 2004, Ross sold ISG to Ispat Steel (located in the Netherlands, where else!?), that renamed itself Mittal Steel. Ross and the other investors earned about $2 billion in the deal. Ross was appointed to its board in 2005.
    In 1995, Lakshmi Mittal had bought Ispat Steel for 1 GBP and then bankrupted it, so he wouldn’t have to pay its debts.

In 2006, Mittal (already the world’s largest steel company) merged with Luxembourg’s Arcelor (the second-largest steel company in the world) into ArcelorMittal – still the world’s largest steelmaker producing 10% of the world’s steel: http://archive.is/aIFeb

White House spokesperson Lindsay Walters said: “Secretary Ross is leading the administration’s approach on steel”.

In 2002, Wilbur Ross and his investing partners bought up US steel companies in financial trouble, including LTV Corp., Weirton, and Bethlehem Steel.
    When Mittal bought Wilbur & Co’s ISG, Forbes listed Mittal as the third richest billionaire in the world.

Ross made a 12-fold gain on his initial investment, his profits boosted by not paying steel workers’ pensions nor cleaning up the pollution caused by the steel factories, which would cost hundreds of millions of dollars.
    The bankruptcy court allowed ISG to acquire the steel assets without paying to clean up the pollution left at the sites. The US government demanded $162 million from Bethlehem Steel to clean 9 of its Superfund sites, but the bankrupted company negotiated a deal that was worth “three-tenths of a cent on the dollar”.

After ISG sold it to Mittal, Sparrows Point was in turn sold in 2008 to Russia’s largest steel company, Severstal, run by Alexei Mordashov (who has been reported as Russia’s richest man and present at the 2011 Bilderberg meeting).
    In 2011, Mordashov sold Sparrows Point to the American Renco Group, whose founder and chair is none other than ultra-Zionist Ira Rennert: https://theintercept.com/2018/03/05/...oss-pollution/
    (http://archive.is/uoKDJ)

I had earlier posted about Rennert here: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post6696871

I had earlier posted on Rothschild business partner, Prince Charles’ “acquaintance”, ArcelorMittal CEO Lakshmi Mittal here: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post6580311

I’m more surprised that it took so long (in the third year of Donald’s presidency) than that this was done.
    I’ve posted on the connections from the Trump/Kushner crime syndicate to steel barons that make less profit because of some silly environmental concerns before.

On 4 June, President Donald signed an Executive Order (EO) that allows federal agencies to ignore regulations from the National Environmental Policy Act and the Endangered Species Act on new large infrastructure projects.
    At the same time, Donald’s Environmental Protection Agency is proposing a new rule that would circumvent the Clean Air Act so they can ignore public health in their cost-benefit analyses.

President Donald’s 4 June EO could be used to approve new pipelines, highways and mines.
    President Donald is using an “emergency” declaration to help those “poor” owners of (amongst others) mines through the COVID-19 “pandemic”. Maybe this is another reason to keep the “pandemic” going for as long as Donald can...

Some argue that poor communities (including non-whites) will disproportionally become the victim of bypassing regulation like this. There are more stories on the environmental damage that this will cause than criticism of the Trump administration and their obvious conflict of interests.
    Lauren Pagel of Earthworks Policy commented:
    President Trump is exploiting a global pandemic to further marginalize voices calling for a more just and equitable society. Today's Executive Order is another example in far too long a list of how this Administration runs roughshod over our basic values: an attempt to deliberately silence people in decisions that immediately impact their lives.
    https://www.npr.org/2020/06/04/87009...omic-emergency

Donald’s and the SCL Group’s spin doctor Steve Bannon has been arrested for taking $1 million from a crowd-funded border wall campaign, and spending hundreds of thousands on “expenses”.
    See Donald Trump Jr. praising the “We Build The Wall” scam in July 2019 with its leader Brian Kolfage (an Iraq war veteran, who lost both legs and his right arm).

Prosecutors charged Bannon, Kolfage and 2 others with defrauding hundreds of thousands of people out of $25 million in donations for the wall.
    Bannon pleaded not guilty and was released on a $5 million bail: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...all-event.html

The “We Build The Wall” scam was started in February 2019, by amongst others Bannon, Kolfage and attorney Kris Kobach.
    They repeatedly promised that all of the donated money would go to the border-wall projects. Maybe technically, legally speaking awarding yourself hundreds of thousands in salary and/or expenses isn’t a criminal offense (if lying is criminally chargeable all politicians should be in jail).

Fisher Sand & Gravel built the 4.5-mile section of the “We Build The Wall” wall: https://archive.is/Ws7bV

The rest of the wall on Cabeza Prieta will be built by Fisher Sand and Gravel, whose owner Tommy Fisher, led a “whirlwind media campaign” and paid lobbyists more than $100,000 to get wall contracts. This included the efforts of Senator Kevin Cramer.
    Reportedly Trump and son-in-law Jared Kushner personally urged the head of the Army Corps to award a $268 million contract to Fisher, even after his bid was rejected. The value of the contract could rise to nearly $400 million

Donald's 2016 campaign slogan was "Make America Great Again" (maga - witch in Latin) but his most important promise was "Drain the swamp".
    Donald apparently saved the best swamp draining for last!

Steve Bannon was pardoned after he had taken a cut from the $25 million that hundreds of thousands of gullible Trump supporters donated to build a private part of the US-Mexico border wall (what will happen to the great wall with Biden president?).
    https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-01-...eople/13075508

When I think of the United Arab Emirates (UAE) I'm thinking about oil, the genocide of Yemen and Trump cronies. I never would have guessed that the UAE is one of the largest aluminium exporters to the US...

On his last day in office, president Donald exempted the Emirates from the 10% tariff on aluminum. Instead quotas were placed on the UAE, that imports have to remain close to "historical levels without meaningful increases".

The UAE is the third-largest exporter of aluminium to the US, after China and Russia, and also sells steel to the US.
    In 2020, the UAE were roughly 11.5% of total U.S. aluminium imports and about 14% in 2019 (in 2019, that was about 10.7% of total U.S. aluminum demand).
    https://archive.is/Ju3jV

Donald's tax exemption for Brazil from which his buddy Carl Icahn, ArcelorMittal and Donald's handler Wilbur Ross profited, was reportedly cooked up at Trump's Mar-a-Lago club.

The event was supposedly set up by the Brazilian Bolsonaro crony Mário Garnero, who proposed Brazilian president Jair Bolsonaro's visit to the Mar-a-Lago.
    Garnero, through a mutual friend, passed the letter on to Mar-a-Lago member Richard Bernstein.

See from left to right: Alvaro Garnero, Vice President Mike Pence, President Donald Trump and Fabio Wajngarten at the Mar-a-Lago.

Garnero has been pictured with Pope Benedict, George H.W. Bush, Bill Clinton and counts Sen. Robert Kennedy, President Ronald Reagan and Rainier III prince of Monaco among his personal friends.
    Mário and his son Alvaro Garnero both attended the summit between the presidents of the USA and Brazil.
    Bolsonaro press secretary Fabio Wajngarten who was also at this Mar-a-Lago event later tested positive for the infamous coronavirus.

See in the back row Eduardo Bolsonaro (Jair's son) who stands left from Ivanka and Jared Kushner.
    In the front row President Jair Bolsonaro is seated left from President Donald Trump.

Brazil, Argentina, Australia, Canada, Mexico and South Korea are exempt from the additional tariffs on derivative steel products.
    This means that the Ferrous Resources of Trump’s friend Carl Icahn, located in Brazil, will profit from the higher prices for exports to the US
    On 1 March 2017, Wilbur Ross resigned from the board of directors of the largest steel manufacturer in the world, ArcelorMittal. With factories in the USA and Brazil (also exempted from Trump’s steel tariffs) to profit from the steel tariffs.
    Ross held $750,000 to $1.5 million in ArcelorMittal and, while he promised to divest his stake, he didn’t say how fast.
    Trump told the group that included Bolsonaro, Pence and Ivanka Trump, about his present to exempt Brazil from the tariffs (which was really a present to Icahn and Wilbur):
    I gave him a great gift — I gave him a good gift. We didn’t charge him tariffs on something and that made him much more popular.
    Maybe even more interesting is that Richard's wife, Robin Bernstein, was appointed by President Donald as Ambassador to the Dominican Republic from 2018 to 2021. Robin Bernstein, was one of the 25 founding members of Mar-a-Lago.
    The insurance agency Richard S. Bernstein & Associates, has insured the Trump Organization for 2 decades. The Bernsteins are billionaires. Richard's wife, Robin Bernstein, was one of the 25 the founding members of Mar-a-Lago.
    Robin Stein Bernstein was once on the transition team for president Jimmy Carter: https://www.miamiherald.com/news/pol...241026546.html

In December 2022, Donald Trump released great digital NFT trading cards, showing himself (or his face…) as the man of steel!

Donald's tax exemption for Brazil from which his buddy Carl Icahn, ArcelorMittal and Donald's handler Wilbur Ross profited, was reportedly cooked up at Trump's Mar-a-Lago club.

The event was supposedly set up by the Brazilian Bolsonaro crony Mário Garnero, who proposed Brazilian president Jair Bolsonaro's visit to the Mar-a-Lago.
    Garnero, through a mutual friend, passed the letter on to Mar-a-Lago member Richard Bernstein.

See from left to right: Alvaro Garnero, Vice President Mike Pence, President Donald Trump and Fabio Wajngarten at the Mar-a-Lago.

Garnero has been pictured with Pope Benedict, George H.W. Bush, Bill Clinton and counts Sen. Robert Kennedy, President Ronald Reagan and Rainier III prince of Monaco among his personal friends.
    Mário and his son Alvaro Garnero both attended the summit between the presidents of the USA and Brazil.
    Bolsonaro press secretary Fabio Wajngarten who was also at this Mar-a-Lago event later tested positive for the infamous coronavirus.

See in the back row Eduardo Bolsonaro (Jair's son) who stands left from Ivanka and Jared Kushner.
    In the front row President Jair Bolsonaro is seated left from President Donald Trump.

Trump told the group that included Bolsonaro, Pence and Ivanka Trump, about his present to exempt Brazil from the tariffs (which was really a present to Icahn and Wilbur):

Maybe even more interesting is that Richard's wife, Robin Bernstein, was appointed by President Donald as Ambassador to the Dominican Republic from 2018 to 2021. Robin Bernstein, was one of the 25 founding members of Mar-a-Lago.
    The insurance agency Richard S. Bernstein & Associates, has insured the Trump Organization for 2 decades. The Bernsteins are billionaires. Richard's wife, Robin Bernstein, was one of the 25 the founding members of Mar-a-Lago.
    Robin Stein Bernstein was once on the transition team for president Jimmy Carter: https://www.miamiherald.com/news/pol...241026546.html
    All of that goes to show how awesome is the DJ Donald Trumpmaster D.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Surprising or not, the Biden administration has continued many of the awesome import tariffs imposed during Trump’s reign, but made some bilateral agreements to cancel tariffs for some countries.
    As predicted the tariffs had mostly negative impacts on American consumers and companies (except for the lucky few).

Trump’s tariffs let to retaliation by the EU, China, Canada and Mexico.
    In December 2022, the WTO ruled against the US steel and aluminium tariffs against China, Norway, Switzerland and Turkey, concluding that there was no national security emergency to justified them.

American buyers and exporters of goods for which steel and aluminium were used, paid the price for the tariffs.
    Following the tariffs on Chinese goods, prices of U.S. intermediate goods rose by 10% to 30%, about the rate of the tariffs.

By December 2018, Trump's tariffs resulted in a reduction in aggregate US real income of $1.4 billion per month, and on top of that cost US consumers $3.2 billion per month in added tax. The study's authors noted that the real costs from the tariffs were even higher, because they did not take all the negative impacts into account.

In 2019, Federal Reserve Board economists found that the steel tariffs led to 0.6% fewer jobs in the manufacturing sector because of the tariffs; or approximately 75,000 jobs.
    General Motors cut over 14,000 jobs in plants in Maryland, Michigan, Ohio, and Ontario, because of the steel tariffs.

In October 2019, it was estimated that US consumers and firms who buy imports lost $51 billion (0.27% of GDP) as a result of the 2018 tariffs, an aggregate US real income loss of $7.2 billion (0.04% of GDP).
    Interestingly it were especially workers in predominantly Republican counties that suffered most from the trade war, because retaliatory tariffs focused on agricultural products. This reportedly also cost Republican politicians votes: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trump_tariffs

Trump's tariffs on steel and aluminium not only damaged the US economy, but also of US allies.
    While a little more steel and primary aluminium was produced in the US, the main result of the tariffs was inflation, as US prices of steel and aluminium rose substantially.

The tariffs cost American importers dearly, with the tariffs squeezing the importers’ profit margins and reducing US manufacturing employment: https://www.piie.com/blogs/trade-and...uminum-tariffs

That wasn't what caused the inflation and you know it.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

That wasn't what caused the inflation and you know it.
    It didn't cause any of it?

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    It didn't cause any of it?
    No.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

No.
    Prove it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast