Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Black Friday?

Speaking of inflation and deflation, I have to speak ill of my fellow gold bugs for a moment. A persistent myth in the community is that gold does well in both inflation and deflation. This is largely based on the fact that gold did extremely well during the Great Depression, and on a misunderstanding of that fact. Gold did well then because gold was money; the dollar was gold, gold was the dollar. Gold did well in that deflationary collapse for the same reason that today the dollar rallies when stocks fall. This is no longer relevant. As we saw in 08 and just recently, gold is liquidated for cash during deflationary events (though perhaps not as much as many other assets). If you're expecting a second Great Depression, gold isn't a good bet. On the other hand, if you expect a second 1970s, with the Fed printing obscene amounts of money to prevent deflationary collapse, there's your case for gold.
    Last edited by r3volution 3.0; 07-20-2020 at 08:37 PM.
    "Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."

-H. L. Mencken

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    No idea. I would be pretty skeptical of anyone says they know. I don't guess at those big macro things because I will probably be wrong 80 percent of the time. It would seem like we should finally have price inflation given how aggressive the Fed has been. But if this is an asset bubble and it pops then that would be deflationary.
    Price inflation requires both increase in money supply and increase in velocity. Velocity has been retarded by all the Covid reopening restriction nonsense. 50% occupancy rules, less people spending because it's just a hassle, etc. Very little of the Covid money creation has made it to the real economy and what has is restricted from picking up velocity by lack of spending options.

Quote Originally Posted by r3v
    If you're expecting a second Great Depression, gold isn't a good bet.
    The other option is gold becomes money backing again, after the deflation and inflation cycles play out and kill the FRN.
    Last edited by devil21; 07-21-2020 at 11:42 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

The entire internet is the domain of paid shills and bots. If you don't know this by now....

Israel, under control of the Crown and, ultimately, the Vatican, own the USA. If you don't know this by now....

Talk to people about liberty. You won't find it on websites, you won't find it in politicians.

But now you can't talk to people because of "social distancing"....brought to you by shills and politicians.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Silver hit a multi-year high today, 19.99, on an unrelated note...
    Make that $23.

Off to the races folks.

The parabolic move back in 2010-11 played out in a mere 8 months; we could easily be at $50 by year's end.

....though I sincerely hope not, as I have more buying to do.
    "Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."

-H. L. Mencken

For anyone that follows the occultist banker's love of (mostly biblical) numbers, the recent market closing numbers are chock full of possible sell signals. 3300 SP500 close on 11.9 point gain today. Yesterday Dow close was 26,664. Close to the magic number 11XXX on broad NASDAQ and it's already past 11,000 on the NASDAQ 100. That's a lot of their favorite numbers all bunched up together.

The numbers aren't always an indicator but they sometimes are, especially when you see them lining up. The hard part is determining what the numbers may translate to on their market manipulations. Recall that during the first sell-off I posted about March 22 being an approaching ominous date (Skull and Bones '322', which is reference to Genesis 3:22). The bottom was the next day 3/23. (eta: The sell-off started on 2/24, day after 2/23). I anticipated the date meant a bigger sell-off but was wrong. It marked the bottom, when the Fed stepped in and performed its "money magic". They run most of this stuff by the (biblical) numbers and use the numbers as inside signals. The numbers are lining up again.

(btw, Trump is constantly surrounded by the number 88. 8/8? Meh probably nothing.)
    Last edited by devil21; 10-20-2020 at 09:18 AM.

The entire internet is the domain of paid shills and bots. If you don't know this by now....

Israel, under control of the Crown and, ultimately, the Vatican, own the USA. If you don't know this by now....

Talk to people about liberty. You won't find it on websites, you won't find it in politicians.

But now you can't talk to people because of "social distancing"....brought to you by shills and politicians.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Black Friday is a cool song.

Guessing because of the coronavirus people won't be doing Black Friday this year.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Guessing because of the coronavirus people won't be doing Black Friday this year.
    2020 has been cancelled due to plague

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567