Thread: The Joy of Painting - Every episode of Bob Ross now on YouTube

Exclamation The Joy of Painting - Every episode of Bob Ross now on YouTube

Season 1 Episode 1

Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Bob Ross.
    What a hidden treasure his show really was.
    You think you're just going to watch some guy paint a little scene, and pretty soon whether you realize it or not, your anger, sadness, depression whatever negative crap you're dealing with at the time, has slowly started to melt away, if just for a short while.

Quote Originally Posted by PursuePeace View Post
    Bob Ross.
    What a hidden treasure his show really was.
    You think you're just going to watch some guy paint a little scene, and pretty soon whether you realize it or not, your anger, sadness, depression whatever negative crap you're dealing with at the time, has slowly started to melt away, if just for a short while.
    High brow critics pooh poohed his paintings as tacky and pointless.

I can't paint stick figures, but I know this: what those critics missed was that Bob WAS the art, he WAS the painting.

When so much of the art world is nothing but shock show horror, Bob's method, manner, grace and humility is as invigorating to the soul as the paintings of the greatest masters.

Here's hoping and praying that he's still painting on...

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    High brow critics pooh poohed his paintings as tacky and pointless.

I can't paint stick figures, but I know this: what those critics missed was that Bob WAS the art, he WAS the painting.

When so much of the art world is nothing but shock show horror, Bob's method, manner, grace and humility is as invigorating to the soul as the paintings of the greatest masters.

Here's hoping and praying that he's still painting on...
    I couldn't agree more.
    Very well said.

I can't paint stick figures [...]
    And yet, I sadly suspect that any painting you did would still be far more edifying than most of the incoherent abominations that are often passed off as being "art" worthy of anyone's attention ...
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Bob Ross made painting approachable.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    And yet, I sadly suspect that any painting you did would still be far more edifying than most of the incoherent abominations that are often passed off as being "art" worthy of anyone's attention ...
    True enough.

It does not take any talent to duct tape a banana to the wall, drop a crucifix in a jar of your own piss or smear menstrual blood or $#@! on a canvas.

Yes, those last two are for real...

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    True enough.

It does not take any talent to duct tape a banana to the wall, drop a crucifix in a jar of your own piss or smear menstrual blood or $#@! on a canvas.

Yes, those last two are for real...
    I don't doubt it for a moment. (In fact, $#@! on a canvas is just a far less "clever" variation on what has gone before.)

Even velvet Elvises and dogs playing poker have some minuscule aesthetic merit, unlike any of this (quite literal [1]) crap.

Just like truly great music, most truly great visual art was created before 1900 or so ...

[1] I was about to say "too often quite literal," but that would imply that there might be some frequency which is not "too often."
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 02-27-2020 at 09:14 PM.

Bob Ross has such a soothing voice.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Bob Ross has such a soothing voice.
    The true pioneer of ASMR lol...
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Holy $#@!, it's genetic.

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Holy $#@!, it's genetic.

Many things are.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Violent Bob Ross - Luis Pena

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

"Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge