Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: The Joy of Painting - Every episode of Bob Ross now on YouTube

  1. #1

    Exclamation The Joy of Painting - Every episode of Bob Ross now on YouTube

    Season 1 Episode 1




  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2

  4. #3
    Bob Ross.
    What a hidden treasure his show really was.
    You think you're just going to watch some guy paint a little scene, and pretty soon whether you realize it or not, your anger, sadness, depression whatever negative crap you're dealing with at the time, has slowly started to melt away, if just for a short while.

  5. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by PursuePeace View Post
    Bob Ross.
    What a hidden treasure his show really was.
    You think you're just going to watch some guy paint a little scene, and pretty soon whether you realize it or not, your anger, sadness, depression whatever negative crap you're dealing with at the time, has slowly started to melt away, if just for a short while.
    High brow critics pooh poohed his paintings as tacky and pointless.

    I can't paint stick figures, but I know this: what those critics missed was that Bob WAS the art, he WAS the painting.

    When so much of the art world is nothing but shock show horror, Bob's method, manner, grace and humility is as invigorating to the soul as the paintings of the greatest masters.

    Here's hoping and praying that he's still painting on...

  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    High brow critics pooh poohed his paintings as tacky and pointless.

    I can't paint stick figures, but I know this: what those critics missed was that Bob WAS the art, he WAS the painting.

    When so much of the art world is nothing but shock show horror, Bob's method, manner, grace and humility is as invigorating to the soul as the paintings of the greatest masters.

    Here's hoping and praying that he's still painting on...
    I couldn't agree more.
    Very well said.

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I can't paint stick figures [...]
    And yet, I sadly suspect that any painting you did would still be far more edifying than most of the incoherent abominations that are often passed off as being "art" worthy of anyone's attention ...


    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

    • "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law." - The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." - Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      - Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      - Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

    ˇ tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ˇ
    MOFA (Make Orwell Fiction Again)

  8. #7
    Bob Ross made painting approachable.
    #NashvilleStrong

  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    And yet, I sadly suspect that any painting you did would still be far more edifying than most of the incoherent abominations that are often passed off as being "art" worthy of anyone's attention ...
    True enough.

    It does not take any talent to duct tape a banana to the wall, drop a crucifix in a jar of your own piss or smear menstrual blood or $#@! on a canvas.

    Yes, those last two are for real...






  10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  11. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    True enough.

    It does not take any talent to duct tape a banana to the wall, drop a crucifix in a jar of your own piss or smear menstrual blood or $#@! on a canvas.

    Yes, those last two are for real...
    I don't doubt it for a moment. (In fact, $#@! on a canvas is just a far less "clever" variation on what has gone before.)

    Even velvet Elvises and dogs playing poker have some minuscule aesthetic merit, unlike any of this (quite literal [1]) crap.

    Just like truly great music, most truly great visual art was created before 1900 or so ...



    [1] I was about to say "too often quite literal," but that would imply that there might be some frequency which is not "too often."
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 02-27-2020 at 09:14 PM.

  12. #10
    Bob Ross has such a soothing voice.

  13. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Bob Ross has such a soothing voice.
    The true pioneer of ASMR lol...
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

    It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.


    Whenever someone tells me Trump is draining the Swamp.


    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect - Mark Twain

    Fascism Defined

  14. #12
    Holy $#@!, it's genetic.

    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

    "Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    "Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

  15. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Holy $#@!, it's genetic.

    Many things are.

  16. #14
    Violent Bob Ross - Luis Pena

    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

    "Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    "Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

  17. #15



Similar Threads

  1. Best Painting Ever
    By Ian A. in forum Peace Through Religion
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 10-10-2009, 03:59 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-26-2009, 10:10 AM
  3. Max Kaiser - Premier tv episode of "The Oracle" on youtube
    By emazur in forum Economy & Markets
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-13-2009, 02:10 PM
  4. RP Oil Painting...what do you think?
    By enjoiskaterguy in forum Grassroots Central
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 01-02-2009, 11:23 PM
  5. painting is working
    By JosephTheLibertarian in forum Grassroots Central
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-02-2007, 06:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •