Thread: Why So Many Black Voters Are Democrats, Even When They Aren’t Liberal

Why So Many Black Voters Are Democrats, Even When They Aren’t Liberal

Interesting article I ran across; I won't post any of the charts because I don't want to get banned like Zip.
    Quote Originally Posted by 538
    At first blush, black voters appear to be an almost monolithically Democratic bloc. In 2016, black Americans cast 24 percent of Democratic primary votes — the largest share ever. And in the general election, 89 percent of black voters supported Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton. That’s one of the reasons why South Carolina’s primary on Feb. 29 is seen as a bellwether for the Democratic field — if a candidate can’t win a state where a majority of Democratic primary voters are black, what does that mean for his or her candidacy going forward?

But black voters aren’t the monolith exit polls make them out to be. Pew Research Center found that a quarter of black Democrats identify as conservative, and 43 percent identify as moderate.

So how to square that circle? How can a big chunk of black voters be unwavering Democrats who differ ideologically from the party? We spent years investigating that question for our new book, “Steadfast Democrats.” We found that black voters are so loyal to the Democratic party in part because of social pressure from other black voters. Rather than throw the whole book at you, we’re going to highlight a couple pieces of evidence that show how that dynamic works.

Our first piece of evidence came from survey data collected by the 2012 American National Election Study (ANES). In that survey, interviewers asked respondents face to face which party they identify with. We then looked at the race of the interviewer and the race of the respondents to see if black respondents generally answered differently depending on who asked the question. We concluded black respondents were more likely to report they were a Democrat when they were with a black interviewer (96.4 percent) than a nonblack interviewer (83.9 percent) or an online survey (85 percent).
    Read more here:
    https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...arent-liberal/
    Amash>Trump

ΟΥ ΓΑΡ ЄCΤΙΝ ЄξΟΥCΙΑ ЄΙ ΜΗ ΥΠΟ ΘЄΟΥ

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

"Trump is the security blanket of aggrieved white men aged 18-60." - Pinoy

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That's an interesting theory.

Why don't they vote their conscience in private and lie to their friends?

I'm not saying it's wrong, Mormons can behave the same way sometimes.

Trump is starting to erode their loyalty to the Demoncrats so maybe it the peer pressure will start to go away.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Insert LBJ quote here...
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Quote Originally Posted by The Rebel Poet View Post
    Interesting article I ran across; I won't post any of the charts because I don't want to get banned like Zip.

Read more here:
    https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...arent-liberal/
    Be careful, the mods might consider this post to be rubbish and ban you. In the meantime TheTexan(who I like) hasn't posted a serious post in all his time on the forum is still here.

@Bryan please can u review the last set of bans. And maybe make an update on situations where someone can be banned without violating TOS agreement. To be fair to all, you can also review Timosman ban too. The man is annoying as hell and contributes nothing to the forum but I dont think he broke any rules.

They vote Democrat because the Democratic Party has almost complete control over them.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    They vote Democrat because the Democratic Party has almost complete control over them.
    Yep they have been lied to for so many generations by democrats. However, they are starting to wake up to the truth that the it was democrats behind much of the racism in this country and the very people that kept them down.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    I think Trump is winning this argument. Candace Owens is encouraging others to become victors instead of victims. #winning
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Bernies rally in N.C.

Founding member of local Black Panther Party...

Students...

https://www.journalnow.com/news/loca...909fe62.html#5

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Trump Aggressively Courting Black Votes

Great news from the Washington Examiner:
    President Trump is opening 15 urban campaign field offices in an aggressive bid to improve his performance with black voters, who for decades have been an overwhelmingly Democratic constituency.
    Sleek and situated in retail shopping districts to generate foot traffic, this unique collection of regional “community centers” is a critical component of the Trump campaign’s multimillion-dollar strategy to double in 2020 the 8% support the president received from black voters nearly four years ago.
    Where will these “community centers” be?
    Five offices are slated for Florida: Tallahassee, Jacksonville, Orlando, Tampa, and Miami. In North Carolina, branches are opening in Charlotte, Raleigh, and Greensboro. Others will be located in Atlanta, Detroit, Columbus, Cleveland, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, and Milwaukee.
    President Trump has good rapport with African-Americans, who in general are not enthused about the current crop of Democratic candidates. Jared Kushner makes a fundamental point:
    “You’re never going to get the votes you don’t ask for,” said Jared Kushner, Trump’s son-in-law and close adviser. “Last time, it was, ‘What the hell do you have to lose?’ Now, we’re going to show them what they’ve gained from President Trump and what more they can gain if they get four more years.”
    The Examiner quotes Trump campaign sources to the effect that the president is already polling around 20% among blacks.
    The Democrats’ reaction to all of this is entertaining:
    Josh Schwerin, a spokesman for Priorities USA…seemed less concerned that Trump could boost black support than that his campaign and other Republicans would commit what he regards as “suppression” of the black vote — either through legislation in the states or subversive messaging that demonizes the eventual Democratic nominee.
    Subversive messaging? We can’t have that! And wouldn’t it be awful if a presidential nominee were demonized?

More at: https://www.powerlineblog.com/archiv...lack-votes.php
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Insert LBJ quote here...
    Okay.
    "...and make sure it reaches my bunghole!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3GT9UN7nDo

What? Not that quote?

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Yep they have been lied to for so many generations by democrats. However, they are starting to wake up to the truth that the it was democrats behind much of the racism in this country and the very people that kept them down.
    As happy as I am seeing that some of them are waking up, the Democrats will still continue to have the plurality of the black voters. I just hope they become independent thinkers instead of just blindly going over to the GOP.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Be careful, the mods might consider this post to be rubbish and ban you. In the meantime TheTexan(who I like) hasn't posted a serious post in all his time on the forum is still here.
    What makes you think @TheTexan isn't a serious poster? I think his posts are very serious ...
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    What makes you think @TheTexan isn't a serious poster? I think his posts are very serious ...
    Good point, I appreciate his presence here and would have to see the same rule that was applied to zippy applied to him but I have never seen a serious post from him. Even in thread where everyone was mourning Amyp, he never broke character and continue his shtick. Just so everybody don't think I am bashing the mods, the ability to apply double standards to members who challenge your belief system is one of the hallmarks of liberty. Can you imagine a world where one cannot straight up silence their critics? I'd hate to live in that world.

Good point, I appreciate his presence here and would have to see the same rule that was applied to zippy applied to him but I have never seen a serious post from him. Even in thread where everyone was mourning Amyp, he never broke character and continue his shtick. Just so everybody don't think I am bashing the mods, the ability to apply double standards to members who challenge your belief system is one of the hallmarks of liberty. Can you imagine a world where one cannot straight up silence their critics? I'd hate to live in that world.
    I have asked in the past that zip be allowed here but let me emphasize there are many respected members here that do not believe zip is an individual account and there could be evidence of such. Consider also that finding posts where he is in support of increased liberty could be difficult and that may not really be the desired effect of a 14 yr member . I think in his case it is well within the Mods rights to not explain . Timosman on the other hand seems more harmless . I'd just let it go Jules and enjoy yourself . Take time to think about how fortunate you are to have known Danke & I and what a blessing that is .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    +rep I have the highest degree of moral integrity. I would never post anything I do not sincerely believe.

But black voters aren’t the monolith exit polls make them out to be. Pew Research Center found that a quarter of black Democrats identify as conservative, and 43 percent identify as moderate.

So how to square that circle? How can a big chunk of black voters be unwavering Democrats who differ ideologically from the party?
    It's possible that black voters are using the Democratic party as a cover for their drug dealing operations. Lord knows what goes on in their conventions, but it would certainly explain the large number of drug dealers in attendance.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I have asked in the past that zip be allowed here but let me emphasize there are many respected members here that do not believe zip is an individual account and there could be evidence of such. Consider also that finding posts where he is in support of increased liberty could be difficult and that may not really be the desired effect of a 14 yr member . I think in his case it is well within the Mods rights to not explain . Timosman on the other hand seems more harmless . I'd just let it go Jules and enjoy yourself . Take time to think about how fortunate you are to have known Danke & I and what a blessing that is .
    To be fair, there are also many respected members that thought I was Eduard's sock puppet account r that Trump is a good for liberty, if you went their beliefs, I would have been gone a long time ago too. Their disdain for people that challenge their orthodoxy will leave this place an echo chamber not unlike what you see at Democratic underground. I don't agree with Timosman banning, he was just a counterfeit version of TheTexan who was neither funny or informative but seeing as he was kinda annoying, I am not going to die on his cross.

I don't think it is every a good thing to ban someone who did not violate the TOS agreement without explanation. The same rational people are bringing up for removing Zippy can be used for me too. I have been accused of being a troll, a communist, a sock puppet etc etc all without evidence. I mention this because I am afraid that I am next. The censors are bored and they are trying to emulate the DU model that have all but decimated that site. I am just trying to prevent that from happening.

Also Danke who I like can be removed too without explanation. No offense to him but he has been reduced t posting mainly funny the days of debating and education people about taxes are gone. I really dont want to see my friend Danke gone

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    To be fair, there are also many respected members that thought I was Eduard's sock puppet account r that Trump is a good for liberty, if you went their beliefs, I would have been gone a long time ago too. Their disdain for people that challenge their orthodoxy will leave this place an echo chamber not unlike what you see at Democratic underground. I don't agree with Timosman banning, he was just a counterfeit version of TheTexan who was neither funny or informative but seeing as he was kinda annoying, I am not going to die on his cross.

I don't think it is every a good thing to ban someone who did not violate the TOS agreement without explanation. The same rational people are bringing up for removing Zippy can be used for me too. I have been accused of being a troll, a communist, a sock puppet etc etc all without evidence. I mention this because I am afraid that I am next. The censors are bored and they are trying to emulate the DU model that have all but decimated that site. I am just trying to prevent that from happening.

Also Danke who I like can be removed too without explanation. No offense to him but he has been reduced t posting mainly funny the days of debating and education people about taxes are gone. I really dont want to see my friend Danke gone
    I always know all of Ed's accounts so I am never confused . I am trying to rehabilitate Danke but it is a grueling task .
    Do something Danke