Thread: Are you easily discouraged?

Are you easily discouraged?

“Let no feeling of discouragement prey upon you, and in the end you are sure to succeed.” – Abraham Lincoln

Too often I’ve found myself the victim of discouragement. Like a vulture, discouragement picks at you with feelings of inadequacy, claws at your shortfalls, and pulls you down towards a seemingly inevitable failure in your life. You may think the discouragement preys upon you because you are weak, but that is not so. All of us deal with discouragement each and every single day; whether it be you stubbed your toe getting ready, a proposal that took weeks to prepare was trashed, or just and overly frustrating day. The point is, you made it through that day. You survived. Survival is a success, and each success you make, the less likely you are to fall into discouragement. There will always be discouraging moments and thoughts, but don’t let those discouraging thoughts paralyze you, don’t let them stop you from reaching your dreams.

https://due.com/blog/abraham-lincoln...iscouragement/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I see no great hope for the success of mankind but I never let everyone else's flaws discourage my personal enjoyment and achievement .
    Do something Danke

I got very discouraged with politics after 2008 and 2012. I became a bit bitter, now I have found peace when I look at life in the context of history.

In my personal life, I have been kicking butt. In the last year and a half, I have written 5 novels in a post apocalypse series I have been working on. I am working on a nonfiction book on moving fluidly and avoiding injuries based on my work in healthcare and various martial arts. I turn 50 in a year and a half. I think I am driven by the fact I thought I would have done a lot of this by 30 years old. I am hoping to have some of this published by the time I am 50, but I am unstoppable now!

See , as an example for younger people RJB quit slacking and decided to Do Something .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I see no great hope for the success of mankind but I never let everyone else's flaws discourage my personal enjoyment and achievement .
    Make that hope. Create it out of thin air.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    I got very discouraged with politics after 2008 and 2012. I became a bit bitter, now I have found peace when I look at life in the context of history.

In my personal life, I have been kicking butt. In the last year and a half, I have written 5 novels in a post apocalypse series I have been working on. I am working on a nonfiction book on moving fluidly and avoiding injuries based on my work in healthcare and various martial arts. I turn 50 in a year and a half. I think I am driven by the fact I thought I would have done a lot of this by 30 years old. I am hoping to have some of this published by the time I am 50, but I am unstoppable now!
    I too have had my years of discouragement shortly after 2011.

Awesome turn around. My last few years have personally gotten better and better. Let's go!

NO ONE
    BUT
    PAUL
    !!!

hows that?
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

I am not discouraged God's creation is so wonderful and there are so many things about living to enjoy.

see sig
    Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne,--
    Yet that scaffold sways the future, and, behind the dim unknown,
    Standeth God within the shadow, keeping watch above his own.
    ‫‬‫‬

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    In the last year and a half, I have written 5 novels in a post apocalypse series I have been working on.
    Patiently waiting for RJB to link me/us to his books. I read at least 1 book per week, always need moar.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Patiently waiting for RJB to link me/us to his books. I read at least 1 book per week, always need moar.
    Thanks for the interest. I haven't published anything yet. The first and second books are in first draft form The next 3 are rough drafts. I have about 50,000 words written between books 6 and 7.

I want to release the first one this summer. If not, then before the Christmas rush at least. My goal is to release another one every 3 to 4 months.

If you are interested, you can read the first one now. My wife is an English major, editor, and a published novelist. She will eviscerate it. However she is not a fan of the genre. So I am looking for someone's opinion on the general story, believability, and of course entertainment value.

Thanks for the interest. I haven't published anything yet. The first and second books are in first draft form The next 3 are rough drafts. I have about 50,000 words written between books 6 and 7.

I want to release the first one this summer. If not, then before the Christmas rush at least. My goal is to release another one every 3 to 4 months.

If you are interested, you can read the first one now. My wife is an English major, editor, and a published novelist. She will eviscerate it. However she is not a fan of the genre. So I am looking for someone's opinion on the general story, believability, and of course entertainment value.
    Put 'em out there I read alot too.

I try to stay optimistic as much as I can in such a negative world that we live in.

I am of the belief that if I fall, I need to get up, dust myself off and continue to move forward.

I also believe with God on my side, the day-to-day is easier to trudge through.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

I would be happy to be a pre-release reader and give feedback. I like the genre. I have a wife who is a literary snob; I am not. I tried to PM you info, but your mailbox is full.