Thread: Battery car for Pete

Battery car for Pete

Polestar Precept Is the Electric Four-Door of the Future

https://www.motortrend.com/news/pole...t-photos-info/

Volvo's Polestar once again is directly targeting Tesla—and maybe the Porsche Taycan

Once again, Polestar is taking aim at Tesla. The Volvo-owned car company has built a pure electric four-door grand tourer concept that shows off its new sustainable interior, latest digital interface, and eye-tracking technology. The Polestar Precept is making its official debut at the 2020 Geneva Motor Show.

Polestar announced a plan for its future interiors to feature sustainable, lightweight materials, and now we're seeing the first fruits of this labor. A flax-based natural fiber composite used in the interior panels and seatbacks will yield a 50 percent savings in weight and an 80 percent reduction in plastic waste, Polestar says. The concept's seat surfaces are 3D-knitted from recycled plastic bottles, the bolsters and headrests are made from recycled cork vinyl, and the carpets incorporate recycled fishing nets.

The Polestar features a somewhat Tesla-like interior setup. A 15.0-inch touchscreen sits in the center of the minimalist cabin, complemented by a 12.5-inch display in front of the driver. Thanks to smart sensors in the instrument panel, the car can monitor the driver's gaze and adjust the content of the screens accordingly. The Polestar emblem appears as a holograph inside a solid piece of Swedish crystal between the rear seat headrests. In the Precept, a digital screen is used instead of a traditional rearview mirror.

Polestar's stylish concept is the latest vehicle we've seen to replace conventional side mirrors with cameras on the exterior. The Precept features a glass roof that extends behind the rear seats, so it doesn't have a traditional rear window, either. A lidar pod is mounted on top of this roof for potential autonomous tech applications. Radar sensors and a high-definition camera in the "grille" further this effort.

Polestar is still defining itself as a brand. It has released just two vehicles: the Polestar 1, a 600-plus-hp two-door hybrid grand tourer, and the Polestar 2, a fully electric Tesla Model 3 fighter. Coming up, it will launch the Polestar 3, a fully electric performance SUV.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    A world where you need a touchscreen to operate your car is a world in which I don't want to live.

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    A world where you need a touchscreen to operate your car is a world in which I don't want to live.
    I'm with ya'....

My ol' trusty is a 56 Chevy, foot start power nuthin'...

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    I'm with ya'....

My ol' trusty is a 56 Chevy, foot start power nuthin'...
    No fan of the AI Self driving..

In fact,,an EV could benefit from much less computer than current ICE cars.

Simple and Hardwired (unhackable) battery management and regenerative braking,, and perhaps Traction control, (motor in wheel type)

I don't care about going green,,, but starving Saudis tickles me a bit.

I like the Pure Performance available in electric motors,, and Battery Tech is just now making it feasible.
    Everyone is getting into the game,, and configurations vary.

I like the Rivan..
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    No fan of the AI Self driving..

In fact,,an EV could benefit from much less computer than current ICE cars.

Simple and Hardwired (unhackable) battery management and regenerative braking,, and perhaps Traction control, (motor in wheel type)

I don't care about going green,,, but starving Saudis tickles me a bit.

I like the Pure Performance available in electric motors,, and Battery Tech is just now making it feasible.
    Everyone is getting into the game,, and configurations vary.

I like the Rivan..
    Facts!

Except for Rivian. That's essentially Bezo's crowd of Amazon/Washington Post.

I'd go Tesla over Rivian based on the way the press has treated Elon.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshLowry View Post
    Facts!

Except for Rivian. That's essentially Bezo's crowd of Amazon/Washington Post.

I'd go Tesla over Rivian based on the way the press has treated Elon.
    I like his truck too,, for the unconventional style..

But

Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

I like his truck too,, for the unconventional style..

But
    I have the CT preordered for, uh, motivation.

Tank turn is

Then there is Bollinger's offering.. All Aluminum Body (rust free)

https://bollingermotors.com/bollinger-b2/

Nice but extremely pricey as yet.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    http://brutusmotorcycle.com/brutusV9.html

Do it yourself is still the best bet.
    And a bike would be the cheapest build.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

http://brutusmotorcycle.com/brutusV9.html

Do it yourself is still the best bet.
    And a bike would be the cheapest build.
    Only for cops, or am I reading that wrong?

Never mind, it was just a LE edition.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    hear hear
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Only for cops, or am I reading that wrong?

Never mind, it was just a LE edition.
    Harley did too..

but I don't like the Livewire.

I would build a cruiser.. laid back easy chair position.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom