Thread: Bernie Sanders Goes to War Against Pro-Israel AIPAC, Accuses It of ‘Bigotry’

Exclamation Bernie Sanders Goes to War Against Pro-Israel AIPAC, Accuses It of ‘Bigotry’

No fan of AIPAC myself.

The Bern is smart...

Bernie Sanders Goes to War Against Pro-Israel AIPAC, Accuses It of ‘Bigotry’

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...es-of-bigotry/

JOEL B. POLLAK 23 Feb 2020

Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) denounced the American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC) on Sunday evening, accusing the pro-Israel organization of promoting “bigotry.”

It was not clear what he meant, and he did not specify any examples of what he was talking about.

Only one Democratic candidate for president — New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio, who has since dropped out of the race — attended AIPAC’s annual conference last year, which many observers interpreted as a sign of the anti-Israel drift of the party.

Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-MN), a Sanders surrogate, specifically singled out AIPAC last year when she made the antisemitic claim that members of Congress were being paid off to support Israel.

Sanders posted the following in a Twitter thread on Sunday:

The Israeli people have the right to live in peace and security. So do the Palestinian people. I remain concerned about the platform AIPAC provides for leaders who express bigotry and oppose basic Palestinian rights. For that reason I will not attend their conference.

As president, I will support the right of both Israelis and Palestinians and do everything possible to bring peace and security to the region.

AIPAC responded with a tweet and a statement of its own:

Senator Sanders has never attended our conference and that is evident from his outrageous comment. In fact, many of his own Senate and House Democratic colleagues and leaders speak from our platform to the over 18,000 Americans from widely diverse backgrounds — Democrats, Republicans, Jews, Christians, African Americans, Hispanic Americans, progressives, Veterans, students, members of the LGBTQ+ community — who participate in the conference to proclaim their support for the U.S.-Israel relationship.

By engaging in such an odious attack on this mainstream, bipartisan American political event, Senator Sanders is insulting his very own colleagues and the millions of Americans who stand with Israel. Truly shameful.

This year’s AIPAC conference is scheduled for the first few days of March.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    They are a very nasty and vicious organization..

If you're against foreign aid they say it is antisemitic and they smear and destroy you. They run scary ads etc.

They hate Rand for blocking foreign aid:

WASHINGTON – Pro-Israel groups have in recent days invested hundreds of thousands of dollars in advertisements against Republican Senator Rand Paul over his attempts to block bipartisan security aid to Israel.

Paul, a libertarian from Kentucky who opposes U.S. foreign aid, is using his ability to put a hold on legislation called “the U.S.-Israel Security Assistance Authorization Act,” which codifies into law an agreement signed in 2016 by the Obama administration and the Netanyahu government to provide $38 billion to Israel over a decade.

While the legislation easily passed both chambers of Congress over the summer, Paul is holding it from going up for a final authorization vote in the Senate. As a result, both AIPAC and Christians United for Israel have put up ads attacking him for hurting Israel’s security. The ads appear both in social media and on television stations in Paul’s home state.

“I’m not for foreign aid in general, if we are going to send aid to Israel it should be limited in time and scope so we aren’t doing it forever, and it should be paid for by cutting the aid to people who hate Israel and America. This is a stance I’ve taken for many years,” Paul explained in a statement given to Jewish Insider.

In his statement, Paul also quoted Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, who said two decades ago that Israel should stop receiving financial aid from the United States. Netanyahu’s words, it should be noted, weren’t directed at military assistance, which is what Paul is currently trying to block.

The Jewish Democratic Council of America issued a statement in opposition to Paul's hold, saying that aid it is in the best interest of both the U.S. and Israel. "Republicans should stand with Democrats in opposing this obstructionist and damaging effort by Senator Paul, and allow the U.S.-Israel Security Assistance Authorization Act of 2018 to move forward without further delay,” the statement read.

https://www.haaretz.com/us-news/.pre...-aid-1.6697708

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    No fan of AIPAC myself.

The Bern is smart...
    Bern is smart but Trump is smarter.. looking at political funding factors. Bern was endorsed by Ilhan.

Trump calls on Ilhan Omar to resign from Congress for ‘anti-Semitism’
    February 12, 2019
    WASHINGTON (JTA) — President Donald Trump called on Rep. Ilhan Omar, D-Minn., to resign from Congress for what he said was her anti-Semitism.
    “It’s terrible what she said and I think she should either resign from Congress, or she should certainly resign from the House Foreign Affairs Committee,” Trump told reporters on Tuesday. “What she said is so deep-seated in her heart that her lame apology, and that’s what it was, it was lame and she didn’t mean a word of it, was just not appropriate. I think she should resign from Congress.”
    Omar, in her first term in the Congress, said Sunday on Twitter that the American Israel Public Affairs Committee pays lawmakers to be pro-Israel.

Although Trump is unlikely to go after Bern on this issue, again because he's smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpbart
    Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) denounced the American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC) on Sunday evening, accusing the pro-Israel organization of promoting “bigotry.”

It was not clear what he meant, and he did not specify any examples of what he was talking about.

Sanders posted the following in a Twitter thread on Sunday:

"The Israeli people have the right to live in peace and security. So do the Palestinian people. I remain concerned about the platform AIPAC provides for leaders who express bigotry and oppose basic Palestinian rights. For that reason I will not attend their conference.

As president, I will support the right of both Israelis and Palestinians and do everything possible to bring peace and security to the region."
    How is it not clear what he meant?

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpbart
    Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-MN), a Sanders surrogate, specifically singled out AIPAC last year when she made the antisemitic claim that members of Congress were being paid off to support Israel.
    How is that antisemitic? Even if it's wrong, even if it's paranoid bat$#@! loony toons, how is it antisemitic?

These neocon equivocators would have us believe that the Israeli government is Israel, and AIPAC is the Israeli government. Stuff and nonsense.
    Amash>Trump

ΟΥ ΓΑΡ ЄCΤΙΝ ЄξΟΥCΙΑ ЄΙ ΜΗ ΥΠΟ ΘЄΟΥ

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

"Trump is the security blanket of aggrieved white men aged 18-60." - Pinoy

Gotta be careful whenever you attack AIPAC in any way. They'll accuse you or being antisemitic.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Is this phrase not the biggest Cash Cow in human history? :

'Anti Semite'

Bernie can show this audacity and get away with it because even if it costs him a few free fund raising dollars it will not cost him votes . Jews will vote dem anyway .
    Do something Danke

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I dislike AIPAC & the Israel Lobby too.
    But the problem with people like Bernie sanders is that he doesn't oppose Foreign Aid.
    No Country should get Foreign Aid. This is 1st thing we should cut.
    Only people like Ron Paul get that!

I've got nothing against bigots.

People who accept any and all with no prejudice are either lying, stupid or both.

In today's world the race/sex/religion de-jour must not be spoken ill of under threat of allegations of bigotry...

Anyone want to bet he's at the wailing wall with a funny little cap on his head before election season is over?
    "The Patriarch"

I do not consider his actual statement as a fact . Bigotry would point towards Israeli and those living next to them are clearly different races ? I never saw that .
    Do something Danke

Bernie would up AIPAC ass if they were a communist organization.

Deranged leftists have no self-control when it comes to usage of the terms, bigot, racist, sexist, homophobe.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Once in office he'll start kissing Israeli a$$.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Quote Originally Posted by shakey1 View Post
    Once in office he'll start kissing Israeli a$$.
    This is Bernie's broken clock moment , regarding AIPAC, I'm never afraid to give credit where do,
    he deserves it here if he is sincere, but I am skeptical and
    the sad thing for Bernie, is that if this isn't an arrangement he has made with Israel (fake take re AIPAC),
    he has no chance in Hell of the nomination, and much less chance of a real shot at the presidency.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    This is Bernie's broken clock moment , regarding AIPAC, I'm never afraid to give credit where do,
    he deserves it here if he is sincere, but I am skeptical and
    the sad thing for Bernie, is that if this isn't an arrangement he has made with Israel (fake take re AIPAC),
    he has no chance in Hell of the nomination, and much less chance of a real shot at the presidency.
    Yup..
    signed a death warrant if it isn't their play.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Yup..
    signed a death warrant if it isn't their play.
    hA HA.... You're explanation is better than my attempt ....
    ....so true.