View Poll Results: Should we form our own political party?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

12 44.44%
  • Yes

8 29.63%
  • Undecided

8 29.63%
  • Your out of your mind.

10 37.04%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RPF Political Party

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are smaller than the LP.

I'll support them and watch to see if they grow, but there are plenty of likeminded people susceptible to our message in the GOP and we can get things done together while the Constitution Party grows. (or doesn't)
    They kind of screwed their own integrity with hypocrisy years ago. They have since changed their platform and reworded it, But when I was first looking into the "Constitution" party they absolutely believed in the first and freedom of Religion just as long as it was "a known form of CHRISTIANITY."

That hit me like a ton of bricks. What a bunch of hypocritical lairs who do not deserve to call themselves the "Constitution" party. As I dug deeper I realized they wanted to form a nation of Christian soldiers and use government to do it against the will of the people, This is the very thing the Constitution protects each and every individual from on purpose.

Something wrong with that picture and I think they should relinquish the title and label to those who truly believe in Constitutional individual and equal rights.
    “The ultimate test of a moral society is the kind of world it leaves to its children.” ~ Dietrich Bonhoeffer

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ATruepatriot View Post
    They kind of screwed their own integrity with hypocrisy years ago. They have since changed their platform and reworded it, But when I was first looking into the "Constitution" party they absolutely believed in the first and freedom of Religion just as long as it was "a known form of CHRISTIANITY."

That hit me like a ton of bricks. What a bunch of hypocritical lairs who do not deserve to call themselves the "Constitution" party. As I dug deeper I realized they wanted to form a nation of Christian soldiers and use government to do it against the will of the people, This is the very thing the Constitution protects each and every individual from on purpose.

Something wrong with that picture and I think they should relinquish the title and label to those who truly believe in Constitutional individual and equal rights.
    I understand them and you.

I hope they have [really] changed enough to be more palatable.

But there are religions that the founders never thought would be an issue and that are bad for liberty and civilization, religious liberty has always been full of exceptions, we don't and shouldn't allow things like the Thugees here.
    The left wants to take religious liberty and use it to usher in anarchy followed by tyranny.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Shining Brass on a Sinking Ship

LOL

I've compromised nothing.

But thanks for passing judgement on me.

I do what I can to make things better and that includes both the CP and the GOP.

I'm glad you admit you think that Ron compromised his ethics for running in the GOP, I don't.

I'll continue to work with Republicans and sinners and you can keep being a pharisee.
    Yeah, and keep on supporting a party that hasn't worked to stop the slaughter of the unborn, hasn't brought our troops home from unconstitutional occupations, continues to devalue our currency (which is called an abomination in Scripture, by the way), increases subsidies to corporations all the while criticizing Democrats for increasing welfare spending, supports more intrusions into our privacy, has no interest in balancing our federal budget nor auditing the Federal Reserve, and has increased the size and scope of government that it's hard to tell if they're run by Democrats or not.

Your work is in vain.
    "Then David said to the Philistine, 'You come to me with a sword, a spear, and a javelin, but I come to you in the name of Yahweh of hosts, the God of the battle lines of Israel, Whom you have reproached.'" - 1 Samuel 17:45

"May future generations look back on our work and say that these were men and women who, in moment of great crisis, stood up to their politicians, the opinion-makers, and the Establishment, and saved their country." - Dr. Ron Paul

We need to amend the constitution to recognize the fundamental right of citizens to not give a $#@!. This would prevent communism from taking toll.

Quote Originally Posted by Theocrat View Post
    Yeah, and keep on supporting a party that hasn't worked to stop the slaughter of the unborn, hasn't brought our troops home from unconstitutional occupations, continues to devalue our currency (which is called an abomination in Scripture, by the way), increases subsidies to corporations all the while criticizing Democrats for increasing welfare spending, supports more intrusions into our privacy, has no interest in balancing our federal budget nor auditing the Federal Reserve, and has increased the size and scope of government that it's hard to tell if they're run by Democrats or not.

Your work is in vain.
    The party is moving in our direction.
    You are the one who's work is in vain because you give up if you don't get what you want immediately.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Working at the Power Source

The party is moving in our direction.
    You are the one who's work is in vain because you give up if you don't get what you want immediately.
    I do my work on the city and county levels because that's where true civic change starts. Our republic holds to the view that the States and the people of the States have more power than the federal government, after all.
    "Then David said to the Philistine, 'You come to me with a sword, a spear, and a javelin, but I come to you in the name of Yahweh of hosts, the God of the battle lines of Israel, Whom you have reproached.'" - 1 Samuel 17:45

"May future generations look back on our work and say that these were men and women who, in moment of great crisis, stood up to their politicians, the opinion-makers, and the Establishment, and saved their country." - Dr. Ron Paul

I understand them and you.

I hope they have [really] changed enough to be more palatable.

But there are religions that the founders never thought would be an issue and that are bad for liberty and civilization, religious liberty has always been full of exceptions, we don't and shouldn't allow things like the Thugees here.
    The left wants to take religious liberty and use it to usher in anarchy followed by tyranny.
    My concern with the concept they propose is that it opens the door for other religions to do the same when they are the majority. The Constitution is absolutely designed to protect each and every individual aside from the masses. It very well could be Sharia shoved on everyone by government because they opened a door they should not have in the first place. I actually just went and read a few days ago and the underlying sentiment of a "Christian Nation" is still there. The concept is not Constitutional and should never be because next year it could be Sharia.
    “The ultimate test of a moral society is the kind of world it leaves to its children.” ~ Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Make Sure You're Opening the Right Door

Quote Originally Posted by ATruepatriot View Post
    My concern with the concept they propose is that it opens the door for other religions to do the same when they are the majority. The Constitution is absolutely designed to protect each and every individual aside from the masses. It very well could be Sharia shoved on everyone by government because they opened a door they should not have in the first place. I actually just went and read a few days ago and the underlying sentiment of a "Christian Nation" is still there. The concept is not Constitutional and should never be because next year it could be Sharia.
    That makes absolutely no sense. Why would a Muslim join a political party with explicit Christian beliefs in its platform? They could just form their own Sharia Party instead.

But if you change the language to just "religion," then that opens the door to all sorts of religions, besides Islam. And based on whose religious beliefs become the majority view within that party, all due to the idea that "freedom of religion" is just a blanket statement for the inclusion of all religious beliefs, then it could very well evolve into a party of Sharia law advocates.

But our founders didn't define "religion" in the general sense that we understand today. In their time, "religion" was synonymous with "denomination" or "sect," within the context of Christianity. There's simply no way our founders would have interpreted "religion" as giving way to what they would call "Mohammedans," in some general idea of "religion." That's just anachronistic.

That makes absolutely no sense. Why would a Muslim join a political party with explicit Christian beliefs in its platform? They could just form their own Sharia Party instead.

But if you change the language to just "religion," then that opens the door to all sorts of religions, besides Islam. And based on whose religious beliefs become the majority view within that party, all due to the idea that "freedom of religion" is just a blanket statement for the inclusion of all religious beliefs, then it could very well evolve into a party of Sharia law advocates.

But our founders didn't define "religion" in the general sense that we understand today. In their time, "religion" was synonymous with "denomination" or "sect," within the context of Christianity. There's simply no way our founders would have interpreted "religion" as giving way to what they would call "Mohammedans," in some general idea of "religion." That's just anachronistic.
    Throwing my vote in for support of a party that includes religious freedoms liberties.

You are painting collectively. Not all Christians proclaim liberty throughout the land to all its inhabitants.

Good to see you back.

You're not hijacking anything. They don't want true liberty-conscious people inside their party. Just look at how they turned against Dr. Ron Paul twice when he ran, and they used the mainstream media to do it in epic proportions. Case in point:

+rep

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You folks are hilarious.

The sign of a new beast.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by JoshLowry View Post
    Throwing my vote in for support of a party that includes religious freedoms liberties.

You are painting collectively. Not all Christians proclaim liberty throughout the land to all its inhabitants.

Good to see you back.
    Exactly.

The 1st Amendment specifically states that "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof."
    There is no spoon.

I could be wrong, but I was under the impression the "founders" frowned on religions other than Christianity. They simply wanted people to be free to practice that religion in a manner they saw fit.

Am I incorrect in this?
    "The Patriarch"

No, you migrate to places where your ideas can flourish and grow with likeminded people, such as you suggested in supporting the Constitution Party.
    Okay, when do we stop retreating?

They infiltrated the GOP in the 1960s and Nolan ran off to form the LP.
    They infiltrated the LP with Bob Barr in 2008 and we ran off to ???.
    They infiltrated the tea party in 2010 and we shrugged our shoulders and surrendered to the 'teo-cons.'

Retreat retreat retreat retreat. They want what we create and we let them have it.

So what on God's green earth makes you think that if we just go create something new that they won't just come take it over because lo and behold we don't seem to have the fortitude to hold the line? I've not seen any evidence that just splintering off and creating something new is going to yield any tangible results.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 02-24-2020 at 06:36 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    You folks are hilarious.

The sign of a new beast.
    No is now in a slight lead with 9 to 7 .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post

They infiltrated the tea party in 2010 and we shrugged our shoulders and surrendered to the 'teo-cons.'

Retreat retreat retreat retreat. They want what we create and we let them have it.

So what on God's green earth makes you think that if we just go create something new that they won't just come take it over because lo and behold we don't seem to have the fortitude to hold the line? I've not seen any evidence that just splintering off and creating something new is going to yield any tangible results.
    Don't you know libertarians are doing their part holding the line by not voting, not becoming part of the process as some form of protest and writing it Ron Paul in places where these votes are not even counted. That showed them.

Seriously though I agree and was reminded when I read your post how sad it was to watch the tea party infiltration - surrender to teo-cons in recent history. Blah.
    Last edited by kahless; 02-24-2020 at 05:53 PM.

Just join the LP and help the LVM Caucas take it over.
    "The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." —Jeff Cooper

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.

Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    It would just end up getting highjacked similar to how the Liberty Movement of 2008 did.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Exactly.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The Worldview Assumed Christianity

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    I could be wrong, but I was under the impression the "founders" frowned on religions other than Christianity. They simply wanted people to be free to practice that religion in a manner they saw fit.

Am I incorrect in this?
    No. I can't find any document where any of the Founders attributed their ideas of a free, Constitutional republic to other religious worldviews such as Humanism, Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism, or any other one. They were pretty zealous that they founded the country on the principles of the Christian Faith. I think they feared more of one denomination becoming the dominant sect over the federal government than they were of another faith (like Humanism or Islam) taking over.

When It Becomes Necessary to Dissolve the Political Bands...

In a free market, you stop supporting a product/service whenever the quality or price of that product/service doesn't suit your demand. That's when you find another good product/service that's in competition and meets your demand. That's the beauty of voluntary associations.

There comes a point where an organization becomes so far removed from its core principles or promises that it no longer is worthy of patronage. It has become so corrupt that trying to clean up its corruption becomes a waste of time. The Republican Party is just at that state. You can stay and try return them to their principles, values, etc., but it will only be rape. They don't want certain views and ideas to permeate their party, and the infrastructure is such that they fend off any reformation that seeks to usurp their power. That doesn't produce any tangible results, either.

The fact that Ron Paul Forums, of all places, is infested with Trump supporters reveals whom has influenced whom in the Republican Party. It's not the neoconservatives who have compromised on their principles; it's those who claim to be Ron Paul supporters. You haven't changed a thing in the Republican Party, but the party has changed you. This isn't Ted Cruz Forums. This isn't Ben Carson Forums. This isn't Mike Huckabee Forums. This is Ron Paul Forums. I'm not going to apologize because we're in a place where there's a high standard of expectation for consistency in the principles of small government, sound money, a noninterventionist foreign policy, and most of all, the protection of human life at all stages of development. You guys have forgotten where you are.

Supporting candidates like Donald Trump is not going to change a damn thing on the federal level because people like Donald Trump don't care about libertarian principles. They say what they want to get what they want, plain and simple. Some of you are so desperate to be relevant on the federal level that you're willing to eat the crumbs on the floor of the Republican Party. And in chewing on their scraps, they ignore you to go about business as usual, waiting every 4 years to give you a plate at their table just to remind you of "what a good boy you've been."

So, like our Founding Fathers did when they dissembled themselves from England and formed their own independence, there is no retreat; there is simply the reemergence of a better order, founded on sure principles in which the last organization failed to uphold or ended up hating.

Aside from perhaps local at best, voting is big business, controlled and funds/feeds the beast. Whether 2 “parties”, 3 or 7, it is still the same single government which does not and will not have your individual best interest at heart. No matter what “party” one votes for, or conjures up, until the hearts and minds of the people change, the best option is to not participate at all.

Regardless of where one resides, live as an Agorist, educate others, and hopefully you will bring more folks in. It will not happen overnight, but perhaps over time a new dynamic will begin to take hold.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

What we need to do is merge the Constitution and Libertarian parties to stop splitting our vote.
    Amash>Trump

ΟΥ ΓΑΡ ЄCΤΙΝ ЄξΟΥCΙΑ ЄΙ ΜΗ ΥΠΟ ΘЄΟΥ

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

"Trump is the security blanket of aggrieved white men aged 18-60." - Pinoy

In a free market, you stop supporting a product/service whenever the quality or price of that product/service doesn't suit your demand. That's when you find another good product/service that's in competition and meets your demand. That's the beauty of voluntary associations.

There comes a point where an organization becomes so far removed from its core principles or promises that it no longer is worthy of patronage. It has become so corrupt that trying to clean up its corruption becomes a waste of time. The Republican Party is just at that state. You can stay and try return them to their principles, values, etc., but it will only be rape. They don't want certain views and ideas to permeate their party, and the infrastructure is such that they fend off any reformation that seeks to usurp their power. That doesn't produce any tangible results, either.

The fact that Ron Paul Forums, of all places, is infested with Trump supporters reveals whom has influenced whom in the Republican Party. It's not the neoconservatives who have compromised on their principles; it's those who claim to be Ron Paul supporters. You haven't changed a thing in the Republican Party, but the party has changed you. This isn't Ted Cruz Forums. This isn't Ben Carson Forums. This isn't Mike Huckabee Forums. This is Ron Paul Forums. I'm not going to apologize because we're in a place where there's a high standard of expectation for consistency in the principles of small government, sound money, a noninterventionist foreign policy, and most of all, the protection of human life at all stages of development. You guys have forgotten where you are.

Supporting candidates like Donald Trump is not going to change a damn thing on the federal level because people like Donald Trump don't care about libertarian principles. They say what they want to get what they want, plain and simple. Some of you are so desperate to be relevant on the federal level that you're willing to eat the crumbs on the floor of the Republican Party. And in chewing on their scraps, they ignore you to go about business as usual, waiting every 4 years to give you a plate at their table just to remind you of "what a good boy you've been."

So, like our Founding Fathers did when they dissembled themselves from England and formed their own independence, there is no retreat; there is simply the reemergence of a better order, founded on sure principles in which the last organization failed to uphold or ended up hating.
    This.

+rep
    Amash>Trump

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

Quote Originally Posted by The Rebel Poet View Post
    What we need to do is merge the Constitution and Libertarian parties to stop splitting our vote.
    That is all we need is the Constitution Party to merge with the LP lunatic fringe to also make it look like a complete joke just like the LP. Nah.

Kudos!

Q: If not the GOP, DNC, LP, Constitution, Green, Socialist, Reform Party, etc... where do we go?

https://ballotpedia.org/List_of_poli..._United_States

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.

We can vote for the Constitution party when the Republican is too bad.
    It is.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

So who wants to kiss Satan's Dick to be the Leader?

The devil led him up to a high place and showed him in an instant all the kingdoms of the world. And he said to him, “I will give you all their authority and splendor; it has been given to me, and I can give it to anyone I want to. If you worship me, it will all be yours.
    No one gets power in this world in any other way.

or why Ron Paul had no chance.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Pretty much all of your post. However, I have a note on the specific part that I quoted:

I think that you are being far too generous in believing that people truly want liberty even as they stridently advocate for the opposite.

If someone persists, over an extended period of time, in supporting policies and candidates/politicians that are explicitly anti-liberty, then it doesn't matter if they say that they are pro-liberty or that they want liberty, because it clearly is not the case. I think that part of the reason that this forum is so infested, as you put it, is because both members and staff accept posters whose explicit intent is the erosion of liberty, so long as those posters wrap their anti-liberty screed in a a paper-thin veneer of rote pro-liberty platitudes.
    Last edited by TheCount; 02-25-2020 at 05:41 PM.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Actually, that's not true.

http://webstersdictionary1828.com/Dictionary/Religion
    Quote Originally Posted by Webster's 1828 dictionary
    4. Any system of faith and worship. In this sense, religion comprehends the belief and worship of pagans and Mohammedans, as well as of christians; any religion consisting in the belief of a superior power or powers governing the world, and in the worship of such power or powers. Thus we speak of the religion of the Turks, of the Hindoos, of the Indians, etc. as well as of the christian religion We speak of false religion as well as of true religion
    https://johnsonsdictionaryonline.com/religion/
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson's 1755 dictionary
    2. A system of divine faith and worship as opposite to others.
    The image of a brute, adorn'd
    With gay religions, full of pomp and gold. Milton.

The christian religion, rightly understood, is the deepest and choicest piece of philosophy that is. More.

The doctrine of the gospel proposes to men such glorious rewards and such terrible punishments as no religion ever did, and gives us far greater assurance of their reality and certainty than ever the world had. Tillotson.
    Amash>Trump

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast