Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rush: U.S. intelligence agencies tricked former President George W. Bush into Iraq War

Rush: U.S. intelligence agencies tricked former President George W. Bush into Iraq War

Conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh on Friday wagged his finger at Democrats and U.S. intelligence agencies, arguing they tricked former President George W. Bush into the Iraq War and are now trying to do the same to President Trump.

"Now Bush, as a Republican, probably not popular with the deep state, particularly after how he was elected," Limbaugh said on his radio show. "A lot of Democrats, a lot of deep staters think that [Al] Gore should have been president."

"I think there was as much resentment in the deep state — we just didn't call it that then — for George W. Bush as there is today for Donald Trump, and if not the same, it's close," he added.

The deep state, Limbaugh asserted, planted fake evidence of weapons of mass destruction (WMDs) to push Bush into the Iraq War and is now "making up evidence" of Russian ties to Trump.

"I have seen what this bunch of people in the intelligence community are capable of. What they've tried with Trump here, this whole Russia meddling, Trump colluding? This whole thing is a gigantic lie, a totally bogus hoax, a silent coup. That's when I began to think the weapons of mass destruction thing was a setup against Bush, too," Limbaugh said.

"Why should we believe these people? They haven't been right about anything in the last four years," he added, referring to the U.S. intelligence community. "They were wrong about the weapons of mass destruction. They didn't get Benghazi right."

Nonprofit group On the Issues pointed out that the radio host, who recently received the Medal of Freedom from Trump, was a huge supporter of the Iraq War and the claims of WMDs as reasoning for the conflict.

"Limbaugh in 2006 announced his plan to 'get out the truth on weapons of mass destruction,' blaming 'the obdurate stubbornness and blindness of the Democrats and the drive-by media,'" the group said on its website.

After Congress, in a bipartisan act, authorized the use of military force in October 2002, the Iraq War began in March 2003.

A drawn-out withdrawal of troops during the Obama administration ended with the last troops leaving Iraq in 2011; however, U.S. forces were redeployed in 2014.

In January 2019, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said there were 5,000 U.S. troops in Iraq.
    https://thehill.com/homenews/media/4...h-iraq-are-now

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Seems accurate .
    Do something Danke

Leftist influence on GOP politics goes back way farther than Bush. I blame the Rockefellers.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    Leftist influence on GOP politics goes back way farther than Bush. I blame the Rockefellers.
    It was always, there.

They started as a Marxist party.

We never really got rid of it completely.

But you are probably right that the Rockefellers help start it growing again.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

The Deep State never hated George W Bush.

No trickery was involved whatsoever. The Deep State have always loved the Bushes.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy View Post
    Why would they hate the dummy in charge?

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy View Post
    They made fun of him, insulted his intelligence, posted lots f negative articles about him on their papers. They essentially did the same thing they are doing to Trump right now. I hope people can see the similarities

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Why would they hate the dummy in charge?

Limbaugh is looking for a way to exonerate himself from the mindless neo-connery he and Bush embraced for all those years.

When he makes a public apology for encouraging the smearing and marginalization of Ron Paul - the only man with the balls to tell us the truth about the Iraq con from day one! - maybe I’ll consider taking him seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    Limbaugh is looking for a way to exonerate himself from the mindless neo-connery he and Bush embraced for all those years.

When he makes a public apology for encouraging the smearing and marginalization of Ron Paul - the only man with the balls to tell us the truth about the Iraq con from day one! - maybe I’ll consider taking him seriously.
    Yep, the idea that Bush was tricked into Iraq is laughable.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    RUSH should be forced to play this on air:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSY296oTHyw

$#@! him, his cancer cannot finish him fast enough. One would think that this lying pack of shyte would use the remaining time he has to take account of his sins and try to make amend for it but it seems like there is no quit in him. He will go down serving the neocons. I know some people on this site will mourn him because he now supports Trump when in the fast he supported Bush.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    $#@! him, his cancer cannot finish him fast enough. One would think that this lying pack of shyte would use the remaining time he has to take account of his sins and try to make amend for it but it seems like there is no quit in him. He will go down serving the neocons. I know some people on this site will mourn him because he now supports Trump when in the fast he supported Bush.
    I think its interesting he's coming out with this now. Almost trying to absolve himself before meeting his maker.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    And who is to blame for this influence? the politicians or the voters who keep falling for these GOP leaders with leftist influences? I hate to bring Trump up but the man was a known booster for the dem party. He raised money for Chuck Schummer, Hillary Clinton and Pelosi, he supported leftist policies but now at the ripe age of 70+, he has CONvinced many of the same people still criticizing Bush and his leftist influence.

The deception is strong in DC

Halliburtons newly removed CEO Dick Cheney was innocent of pushing for war & the “lefties” did it!

Lol

Cut the BS

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    I think its interesting he's coming out with this now. Almost trying to absolve himself before meeting his maker.
    He can try all he wants but what he is on record. He was there calling people who questioned the evidence un American and leftists, now he cannot use the same excuse to absolve himself. He was part of the machinery that CONvinced millions of Americans to back this heartless war.
    Last edited by juleswin; 02-23-2020 at 03:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vita3 View Post
    Halliburtons newly removed CEO Dick Cheney was innocent of pushing for war & the “lefties” did it!

Lol

Cut the BS
    Don't be so harsh! A few billion dollars can cloud anybody's judgement.

RUSH should be forced to play this on air:
    Ron Paul - NEO-CONNED! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSY296oTHyw
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSY296oTHyw
    Yes! I just posted that at the OP.

(@ 45:25)
    "It is getting more difficult to get fair and balanced discussion on the issues, because it has become routine for the hegemon to label those who object to pre-emptive war and domestic survelliance as traitors, unpatriotic and un-American."
    Limbaugh was part of the mob.
    Last edited by Valli6; 02-23-2020 at 12:17 PM.

Yes! I just posted that at the OP.
    That is Ron's best speech. it will go down in history.

Here's the text version for reference:

http://www.ronpaulinstitute.org/arch...15/neo-conned/
    More important than the names of people affiliated with neo-conservatism are the views they adhere to. Here is a brief summary of the general understanding of what neocons believe:

They agree with Trotsky on permanent revolution, violent as well as intellectual.
    They are for redrawing the map of the Middle East and are willing to use force to do so.
    They believe in preemptive war to achieve desired ends.
    They accept the notion that the ends justify the means – that hard-ball politics is a moral necessity.
    They express no opposition to the welfare state.
    They are not bashful about an American empire; instead they strongly endorse it.
    They believe lying is necessary for the state to survive.
    They believe a powerful federal government is a benefit.
    They believe pertinent facts about how a society should be run should be held by the elite and withheld from those who do not have the courage to deal with it.
    They believe neutrality in foreign affairs is ill-advised.
    They hold Leo Strauss in high esteem.
    They believe imperialism, if progressive in nature, is appropriate.
    Using American might to force American ideals on others is acceptable. Force should not be limited to the defense of our country.
    9-11 resulted from the lack of foreign entanglements, not from too many.
    They dislike and despise libertarians (therefore, the same applies to all strict constitutionalists).
    They endorse attacks on civil liberties, such as those found in the Patriot Act, as being necessary.
    They unconditionally support Israel and have a close alliance with the Likud Party.

It's a classic.

That is Ron's best speech. it will go down in history.
    Here's the text version for reference:
    http://www.ronpaulinstitute.org/arch...15/neo-conned/
    It's a classic.
    More important than the names of people affiliated with neo-conservatism are the views they adhere to. Here is a brief summary of the general understanding of what neocons believe:
    But if you look at the names he does mention:
    Q. What coincidence stands out about each of those men?
    A. THEY'RE ALL NEVER-TRUMPERS!

(Max Boot - Paul Wolfowitz - Richard Perle - Elliot Abrahms - Robert Kagan - William Krystal - Michael Ladeen - James Woolsey - Bill Bennet - Frank Gafney - Dick Cheney - Donald Rumsfeld)

He can try to exonerate himself as much as he wants. Nobody is going to forgive him for all the bullsht he supported for so long.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Rush and Hannity dont care about the truth.

I think I +repd every reply to this thread.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Deep State factions involved in alleged Iraq war trickery should be held accountable. Hopefully current non-trickery America-First leaders led 'drain the swamp' will take care of that before end of this term in 2020.

Not only did they trick Bush but also tricked naive Rush and some of the smartest yet think tanks... many of whom are now part of well-funded GOPA (non-trickery wing) team that just sent thousands of troops to mideast and recently bombed Syria to save the syrian children.

Rush Limbaugh Claimed WMDs in Iraq even after Bush admitted no WMDs

After the invasion of Iraq in 2003, Limbaugh trumpeted Iraq's nonexistent weapons of mass destruction: "We're discovering WMDs all over Iraq."Long after the Bush administration had admitted that there were no WMDs in Iraq, Limbaugh in 2006 announced his plan to "get out the truth on weapons of mass destruction," blaming "the obdurate stubbornness and blindness of the Democrats and the drive-by media" for the failure to promote what Limbaugh claimed was "the discovered news of weapons of mass destruction in Iraq." He said, "We've had a 3-year propaganda program and 'no weapons of mass destruction, none have been found.' The facts are coming out, and there's probably a lot more to be unclassified if somebody will just do it." The facts did come out, and Limbaugh was wrong once again. By 2009 he eventually admitted the truth when it no longer mattered: "No weapons of mass destruction of significance were found."

Think tanks tricked by deep state

On a different trickery note, how many of 2003 Bush-Cheney supporters are today GOPA wing supporters...100% or less?

Related

Trick me once, shame on thee; trick me twice, shame on me.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    It would appear as if every single person here has something in common.

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    It would appear as if every single person here has something in common.
    Gee, what would that be?
    "The Patriarch"

Gee, what would that be?
    All but one are wearing ties?

Agree 1000%!
    There is no spoon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast