Thread: Michigan is CRUCIAL: Amash could decide the election!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Michigan is CRUCIAL: Amash could decide the election!

In Michigan, where only .3 percentage points separated Trump and Hillary Clinton in the 2016 contest, the survey shows the traditionally blue state remains in play in 2020 but foreshadows another nail biter. Sanders and Bloomberg, who both top Trump by 5 points, and Biden, who leads Trump by 4 points, are the only candidates whose lead falls outside of the margin of error in Michigan.
    https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...ichigan-116409

Amash's independent bid could cost Trump the election. If he peels off enough voters to support him for Congress those people might not vote for Trump. They're far more likely to vote third party and a few thousand votes could swing the race!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I don't think so. Looks like Amash will probably win his race, though, with the Democrat dropping out.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    I don't think so. Looks like Amash will probably win his race, though, with the Democrat dropping out.
    The one thing he needs to overcome is straight ticket voting in MI. Luckily he is raising some good money and can hammer home to the voters to vote Independent.

Crystal Ball has the race as 'TOSS UP'.

Who knows what will happen.

So Amash is gonna throw the election to Bernie or Bloomberg? Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Just a few thousand votes in his district could swing the state to D.

Trump might regret his tweets about him,

Considering that neither of them is currently running for president, that's incredibly unlikely.

"You roll a one, your we-have-to-vote-for-Bush-because-what-if-Kerry-wins attack fails!"
    Amash>Trump

ΟΥ ΓΑΡ ЄCΤΙΝ ЄξΟΥCΙΑ ЄΙ ΜΗ ΥΠΟ ΘЄΟΥ

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

"Trump is the security blanket of aggrieved white men aged 18-60." - Pinoy

Lightbulb End the Deep State, End the FED 2020

Justin Amash/Austin Petersen 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    Justin Amash/Austin Petersen 2020

"I'm Mike Bloomberg and I endorse this message." Paid for by the Committee to Elect Mike Bloomberg.

"I'm Mike Bloomberg and I endorse this message." Paid for by the Committee to Elect Mike Bloomberg.

Thank you for the Bloombot perspective.
    Last edited by RonZeplin; 02-21-2020 at 03:59 PM.
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

This is a joke.

Right?

Amash is NOT going to cost Trump his re-election and if he did that would be a BAD thing.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

This is a joke.

Right?

Amash is NOT going to cost Trump his re-election and if he did that would be a BAD thing.

It sounds like some sort of payback for some tweet Trump made.

The problem is the American people are the ones who are going to pay.

Also, I'm not so sure this hypothesis is going to work out that well.

If Amash was more like Massie, then the establishment would probably be trying to unseat him by running an anti-Trump Democrat. They would paint Amash as a Trump supporter, which might hurt him in Michigan, as opposed to Kentucky where it is helping Massie. Then they would have a bunch of money to pay for ads, and that would get more Democrats in to vote the party line.

Now that the Democrats don't have a party line ticket, the establishment won't be pushing very hard for them to turnout because the establishment only pretends to like Amash when he says anti-Trump stuff.

So Trump may be better off with Amash's anti-Trump play than if he was more like Massie.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Doubt Amash is going to be the reason why Trump loses his reelection.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Doubt Amash is going to be the reason why Trump loses his reelection.
    Those who say Amash will take away more from Biden than Trump are not being logical.

No Biden voter is moving to Amash. Biden potential voters all only care about getting Trump out of office.

That's why they nominated him to begin with.

If Biden can consolidate the corporate liberals and the poor left, he will win the election.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    Those who say Amash will take away more from Biden than Trump are not being logical.

No Biden voter is moving to Amash. Biden potential voters all only care about getting Trump out of office.

If Biden can consolidate the corporate liberals and the poor left, he will win the election.
    I personally know someone who was thinking of voting for Biden but now can't stomach the idea based on the sexual assault allegations. She's not a Trump supporter by any means. That's the kind of voter that might vote for Amash.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

That's exactly why he is more likely to take from Biden than Trump. Trump's core base is a cult of personality, whereas Biden's core base are "anyone but Trump" zombies. If Amash starts getting high enough poll numbers, we could see some liberals jumping ship to avoid the rapey pedo with dimentia/schizophrenia or whatever Joe's got.
    Amash>Trump

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rebel Poet View Post
    That's exactly why he is more likely to take from Biden than Trump. Trump's core base is a cult of personality, whereas Biden's core base are "anyone but Trump" zombies. If Amash starts getting high enough poll numbers, we could see some liberals jumping ship to avoid the rapey pedo with dimentia/schizophrenia or whatever Joe's got.
    Nope. Amash takes only from Trump. Biden voters aren't even looking at Amash.

Nope. Amash takes only from Trump. Biden voters aren't even looking at Amash.
    You know this because?
    Amash>Trump

Looking forward to Amash causing some damage in this election.
    Please consider donating to the Mises Caucus today. We are TAKING OVER the LP.

We have big plans including creating a program to bring libertarians like Maj Toure and Tom Woods to college campuses.

We have several LP Mises Caucus Members who won elected office in 2020 including multiple City Council seats.

Your recurring donation is what helps us to set these ideas into motion.

Donate today at www.TakeHumanAction.com

Quote Originally Posted by trey4sports View Post
    Looking forward to Amash causing some damage in this election.
    Question is will Biden or Trump be the one being dealt damage.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Meh...

John James is running in Michigan to flip a seat to the GOP and he has a very strong chance. If Amash helps to reject a black republican and possibly first in Michigan's US senate seat, well I think Justin needs to re-evaluate what in the heck he is doing in politics.

He should've stayed in congress and fought to keep the seat that we all invested money and energy into him. Thomas Massie has shown us that it is indeed possible to stick to your principles while keeping the seat relatively healthy.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    Meh...

John James is running in Michigan to flip a seat to the GOP and he has a very strong chance. If Amash helps to reject a black republican and possibly first in Michigan's US senate seat, well I think Justin needs to re-evaluate what in the heck he is doing in politics.

He should've stayed in congress and fought to keep the seat that we all invested money and energy into him. Thomas Massie has shown us that it is indeed possible to stick to your principles while keeping the seat relatively healthy.

Massie is an asset. So is Justin, for the disenfranchised.

Politics is not the answer or a solution. We need people in different arenas who can reach people both in and out of politics, if liberty is ever to win.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    Massie is an asset. So is Justin, for the disenfranchised.

Politics is not the answer or a solution. We need people in different arenas who can reach people both in and out of politics, if liberty is ever to win.
    You're saying that as if Justin Amash did it on purpose and his intention was to lose favor and lose his seat.

He lost his way and nobody really believes hes going to keep this seat. He was a good investment in the beginning and crashed like a pump n dump stock. I do wish him well in his post-political life as he served many years. Though if he did some things differently, he would still be there for 2020 and many years after.
    Last edited by eleganz; 05-29-2020 at 10:53 PM.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll