Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eric Brakey (MAINE)

Eric Brakey (MAINE)

Brakey is a Ron Paul supporter and state senator. He is running in Maine's 2nd Congressional district which is a 50/50 seat. He has outraised his opponents and looks certain to win the primary.

Eric Brakey (born August 8, 1988) is an American politician who lives in Maine.

Brakey was born in Cleveland, Ohio and attended Ohio University, where he studied theater performance. After college he moved to New York City and worked as a professional actor. A supporter of Congressman Ron Paul, Brakey took a job on his 2012 presidential campaign and moved to Maine. [1]

Brakey was elected to the state Senate for District 20 in 2014; the district includes Auburn, New Gloucester, Poland, Minot, and Mechanic Falls. He was reelected in 2016.[2] Brakey served as chairman of the Senate Health and Human Services Committee.[3]

Brakey was Maine State Director for the 2012 Ron Paul presidential campaign; he led Ron Paul's supporters to win a majority of Maine delegate seats to the 2012 Republican National Convention and won key seats on the Maine Republican State Committee and National Committee. After working for Paul's 2012 presidential campaign,[4] Brakey led Defense of Liberty PAC, a libertarian political action committee in Maine.[5]

Brakey was the Republican nominee for U.S. Senate in 2018, losing to incumbent Senator Angus King with 35% of the vote in a 3-way race.[6] He is currently running to be the representative for Maine’s 2nd Congressional District.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Brakey

He is endorsed by Rand Paul, Freedomworks and Club 4 Growth.

@Brian4Liberty if this guy wins he deserves his own forum. He is close to perfect.
    Last edited by Warlord; 02-18-2020 at 07:30 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    Brakey is a Ron Paul supporter and state senator. He is running in Maine's 2nd Congressional district which is a 50/50 seat. He has outraised his opponents and looks certain to win the primary.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Brakey

He is endorsed by Rand Paul, Freedomworks and Club 4 Growth.

@Brian4Liberty if this guy wins he deserves his own forum. He is close to perfect.
    Good luck to him. Hopefully he can win. And hopefully he learned not to make any goofy dancing campaign ads...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

June 9, 2020 is the primary.

Oh look... they're smearing Brakey because he supports Massie:

https://www.sunjournal.com/2020/03/2...c-brakey-ally/

In an interview last September he said his own campaign offered “the biggest opportunity for the liberty movements since Thomas Massie got elected to Congress in 2012.”

In that same interview on The Tom Woods Show, Brakey urged voters to “make sure Thomas Massie isn’t so lonely in Washington.”
    @Brian4Liberty

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    Oh look... they're smearing Brakey because he supports Massie:

https://www.sunjournal.com/2020/03/2...c-brakey-ally/

@Brian4Liberty
    Brakey has some great Tweets!

https://twitter.com/USAB4L/status/1244698960532471809
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Yeah this guy is 100%. I pray he makes it to Congress. He has a good shot if he can win the primary. The district is rural/Republican.

If he and Matt Gurtler win we would basically double our representation in the House. We'd go from 2 solid reps (Massie + Amash) to 4 solid reps. (Massie + Amash + Gurtler + Brakey)

I know it still seems like a small bloc but if we continue to increase our influence in the GOP maybe one day we call return to the party of truly small government.
    Please consider donating to the Mises Caucus today. We are TAKING OVER the LP.

We have big plans including creating a program to bring libertarians like Maj Toure and Tom Woods to college campuses.

We have several LP Mises Caucus Members who won elected office in 2020 including multiple City Council seats.

Your recurring donation is what helps us to set these ideas into motion.

Donate today at www.TakeHumanAction.com

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by trey4sports View Post
    If he and Matt Gurtler win we would basically double our representation in the House. We'd go from 2 solid reps (Massie + Amash) to 4 solid reps. (Massie + Amash + Gurtler + Brakey)

I know it still seems like a small bloc but if we continue to increase our influence in the GOP maybe one day we call return to the party of truly small government.
    It's hard to keep up with multiple candidates. For now our focus needs to be on protecting Thomas Massie.

However this guy and Matt in Georgia are basically how you do it. Start as a state legislature and slowly move up and then win a competitive and open primary and your set.

If they get to Congress then they will get more allies and more importantly campaign cash. Rand/Massie/Amash have shown it can be done.
    Pledge to donate to Rep. Thomas Massie on 4/20: (http://FundPatriotsDay.com)

Donate to Rep. Thomas Massie on 4/20 (http://ThomasMassie.com)

Follow Me on twitter: @MassieBomb

Is Eric Brakey still likely to win the Republican Primary in Maine?

Heads up liberty lovers... the Maine 2nd CD GOP debate is tonight at 8 EST. You can watch the stream on Facebook. You'll need to search for Eric's Facebook page and he is sharing the stream from there. Hope to see yall in the comments.

We have big plans including creating a program to bring libertarians like Maj Toure and Tom Woods to college campuses.

We have several LP Mises Caucus Members who won elected office in 2020 including multiple City Council seats.

Quote Originally Posted by clint4liberty View Post
    Is Eric Brakey still likely to win the Republican Primary in Maine?
    He has raised about 2.5X more money than the second leading candidate in the primary. It looks like he has a solid chance.

Hoping Brakey will be successful in his campaign.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

I am going to vote for him on the 14th. I think he will win.

They polled our district for the 1st time in this race. Brakey is last 19%, Bennett second at 25% and Crafts leads with 37%.

This will almost certainly be decided by ranked choice.

I'm surprised, I thought Brakey would have it.

Lots of money being spent on this race, I am getting mailers and targeted ads from all 3.

There is a smear campaign against Brakey with mailers saying he doesn't support Trump, but his online ads say he does. (I don't)

https://bangordailynews.com/2020/07/...-2nd-district/

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    They polled our district for the 1st time in this race. Brakey is last 19%, Bennett second at 25% and Crafts leads with 37%.

This will almost certainly be decided by ranked choice.

I'm surprised, I thought Brakey would have it.

Lots of money being spent on this race, I am getting mailers and targeted ads from all 3.

There is a smear campaign against Brakey with mailers saying he doesn't support Trump, but his online ads say he does. (I don't)

https://bangordailynews.com/2020/07/...-2nd-district/
    ughh not good.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You know, I think the silver lining here is that brakey has outraised the other 2 so I would hope he is able to devote more resources to the undecideds and get a higher percentage of the late-breakers.

You know, I think the silver lining here is that brakey has outraised the other 2 so I would hope he is able to devote more resources to the undecideds and get a higher percentage of the late-breakers.
    Doesn't matter, we now have ranked choice.

Last debate is tonight at 8 EST. You can stream it on https://www.mainepublic.org/

gloves definitely came off in that one.... got heated at a couple points.

Primary election today - follow results here https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...-election.html

Very disappointing in the election results. It's sad and frustrating. Would like to know what went wrong. I know Eric's campaign manager and he is very sharp which makes it all the more hurtful.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Very disappointing in the election results. It's sad and frustrating. Would like to know what went wrong. I know Eric's campaign manager and he is very sharp which makes it all the more hurtful.
    He tried to play both sides and it didn't work. Brakey's ads said pro-trump and Craft's ads said Brakey was anti-trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    I was very disappointed as well, Matt. Between Brakey, Gurtler, and Freitas I would have guessed Brakey's campaign was a lock for the nomination. I mean he was already elected as a ME state senator, was the nominee for US Senate from ME and garnered 225,000 votes in 2018 so he had great name ID.... and to top it off he outraised Crafts by a factor of 2.5X and outraised Bennet by an even greater multiple. He also had sizable media buys from CFG and Protect Freedom PAC. He had a grassroots door knocking and phonebanking campaign that was supposedly knocking out the voter outreach. It is concerning to say the least.

On paper he was a shoe-in, in reality something went wrong. Just not sure what.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    On paper he was a shoe-in, in reality something went wrong. Just not sure what.
    The party of Trump doesn't want a strong liberty message.
    The enemy of my enemy may be worse than my enemy.

I do not suffer from Trump Rearrangement Syndrome. Sorry if that triggers you.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Neocon View Post
    The party of Trump doesn't want a strong liberty message.
    Yeah, I'm reserving judgement at this point. I think the Trump GOP is better than it was under Bush but I'm not sure by how much....

He spent the most money out of everyone and got third. YAL should of helped me instead

Primary election today - follow results here https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...-election.html
    $#@!!

To share my honest opinion, I am not sure why everyone wants to run for congress. When we have a rockstar like Eric, or Justin (used to be) or Thomas, or Gurtler, etc it would honestly be much better if they stayed in their state legislatures. They can be far more effective there than running for frigging congress where it's like pissing in the ocean. Yes a handfull of dedicated liberty guys in DC can indeed make a difference, but they can only do so much. On the state level though they can really affect some serious change though.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Yeah, I'm reserving judgement at this point. I think the Trump GOP is better than it was under Bush but I'm not sure by how much....
    We've had 3 years to judge and see the party evolve.
    The enemy of my enemy may be worse than my enemy.

I do not suffer from Trump Rearrangement Syndrome. Sorry if that triggers you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast