Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GOLD $1600

Gold down 1.3%, Silver down 3.5% (!)

Good opportunity to stock up

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    And what happens when people on the edge start defaulting on loans? What debt fraud will explode this time? Will money market funds bust the buck (as one did during the last meltdown)?
    The defaults are already occurring :

https://schiffgold.com/key-gold-news...quencies-soar/

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post

https://schiffgold.com/key-gold-news...quencies-soar/
    That’s the way it all falls apart. Coronavirus shutdowns lead to cut hours and layoffs, leads to productivity loss and reduced earnings, leads to loan defaults and stock market sell offs.

The stock market is already anticipating this.

And there will be another Wall St bankers bailout because money market accounts can not be allowed to fail.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Odd day for Gold. It has reversed yesterday's gains.

Profit taking ?

I think it will bounce back sooner or later. The genie is out of the bottle and buyers will come back especially if stock markets continues to slide.

My order goes in on Friday so hoping for a good price!

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post

And there will be another Wall St bankers bailout because money market accounts can not be allowed to fail.
    I strongly suspect Trump will order in the PPT (Plunge protection team). He is obsessed with the stock market. He's always bragging about it when it rises thanks in part to the flood of cheap money from the Federal Reserve.. He will do anything to prop it up until election day to maintain the economic boom illusion.

More Irrational Exuberance please + print money & Plunge Protection Team shenanigans. Pump up the bubble so that I can back up the truck, and buy more PM's cheap. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Do something Danke

Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    More Irrational Exuberance please + print money & Plunge Protection Team shenanigans. Pump up the bubble so that I can back up the truck, and buy more PM's cheap. Thank you.
    Speaking of Greenspan, he made a random observation on how much tax receipts are tied to the market going up. Even if the market goes sideways revenue takes a big hit. It is sort of relevant because we have had a booming market and economy and are still running huge deficits. A bear market and recession would really exacerbate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post

https://reliablegoldinvestment.com/h...thout-penalty/

Since this article gold has moved higher, but not much. These markets are so crazy. I still think over the 5-10 years, very bullish for the gold price, but I do worry about a big financial crash like 2008 when everything including gold, crashed. But then gold soared. It's hard to wait on the sidelines for a crash, in order to get to a good buying opportunity. Everything is so crazy.
    Last edited by Unwinder; 07-16-2021 at 08:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Unwinder View Post
    ... I still think over the 5-10 years, very bullish for the gold price, but I do worry about a big financial crash like 2008 when everything including gold, crashed. But then gold soared. It's hard to wait on the sidelines for a crash, in order to get to a good buying opportunity. Everything is so crazy.
    A year and a half later and this comment is still pretty much valid today.

I've sat and lost out on many investments with PMs. My patience grows thinner by the day.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jon4liberty View Post
    I've sat and lost out on many investments with PMs. My patience grows thinner by the day.
    To me, PM's are a security blanket - not an investment I ever hope to use.

They reside in my safe in case of emergency. If one never materializes in my lifetime, they will be transferred tax-free to my heirs.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Bern View Post
    A year and a half later and this comment is still pretty much valid today.
    Paper prices crash along with other paper imaginary investments. Physical value not-so-much (price and value are not the same to someone who sees the big picture). Paper and physical have already decoupled and are only loosely correlated at this point. Besides, a crashing paper price shakes out paper hands who sell in a panic to receive back more imaginary paper/digits which may or may not be deleted from a computer screen in an instant, not strong hands who know the value they hold. This is why gold and silver have been money for thousands of years. Gold and silver represent the two human constants of existence. (Go outside and look up during the daytime and the nighttime )
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Gold sitting at 1845 now . Last yr I thought gold would hit 2200 , it hit 2070. This yr I think it will clear 2070 but we'll see , it reached 1970 earlier this yr, Gold , any reasonable Land and silver are the last conservative plays left when you enter grossly over valued stocks , homes and inflation like we have seen the past two years and are still seeing. Gold opened 2020 at 1520. Think about the staggering amount of inflation since then that evaporated cash value. 1K in a savings account in Jan 2021 would essentially be zero in Jan 2022 as it wouldve taken 2k to purchase then what the 1k would have purchased the yr prior.
    Last edited by oyarde; 02-20-2023 at 01:13 PM.
    Do something Danke

Rising interest rates (Fed policy) will continue to support headwinds for the price of paper gold. Foreign central bank buying should continue to put a floor on the price of gold. Barring something catastrophic, gold is likely to trade more or less sideways for much of 2023 I think.

New high this yr for gold today so far , 1988.60 . All we need now is better than 2070 for new high.
    Last edited by oyarde; 03-17-2023 at 01:02 PM.
    Do something Danke

Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Gold Gives Up Some Gains, Still Up For The Week

https://www.thefinancialtrends.com/2...-for-the-week/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Bank failures and apparent acceleration of de-dollarization seems to be giving gold wings.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Gold Reaching All-Time Highs On Fears Over Banks, And Recessions

https://www.thefinancialtrends.com/2...nd-recessions/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

2038 now , just need to hit 2176 for a new high and 2100 to break out.
    Do something Danke

Gold Beats S&P 500 Off Safe-Haven Demand

https://www.thefinancialtrends.com/2...-haven-demand/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Gold has been trading at all time highs in most foreign currencies (Canadian dollar, Australian dollar, pound, euro, etc.). We aren't seeing it in dollar terms (yet?) since the dollar is also very strong right now.

Central Banks Buying Gold At Record Pace

https://www.thefinancialtrends.com/2...t-record-pace/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Gold Analysts See Record Highs Coming

https://www.thefinancialtrends.com/2...-highs-coming/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Gold Analysts See Record Highs Coming

https://www.thefinancialtrends.com/2...-highs-coming/
    Looks like Peter Schiff was right.

Do something Danke

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Do something Danke

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast