Thread: Michael Bloomberg Belittled Farmers, Machinists: Modern Jobs Require More ‘Gray Matter’

Exclamation Michael Bloomberg Belittled Farmers, Machinists: Modern Jobs Require More ‘Gray Matter’

Michael Bloomberg Belittled Farmers, Machinists: Modern Jobs Require More ‘Gray Matter’

https://www.breitbart.com/2020-elect...g-brain-power/

HARIS ALIC 17 Feb 2020

Presidential candidate Michael Bloomberg once claimed that farming and manufacturing jobs required little brainpower compared to the information economy, where the former New York City mayor made billions.

Bloomberg, who is under fire after a string of old sexist and racially insensitive remarks resurfaced on social media last week, made the belittling comments at a 2016 Oxford University forum in England. During the forum, the former mayor asserted that a major obstacle to uniting America’s heartland with the coasts was the inability of blue-collar workers to transition into the information economy.

“I could teach anybody, even people in this room, no offense intended, to be a farmer,” Bloomberg said. “It’s a process. You dig a hole, you put a seed in, you put dirt on top, add water, up comes the corn. You could learn that.”

“Then we had 300 years of the industrial society,” he continued. “You put the piece of metal on the lathe, you turn the crank in the direction of the arrow, and you can have a job.”

Bloomberg proceeded to argue that with the advancement of the information economy, individuals who would have prospered in the old industrial and farming jobs are now at a disadvantage because they lack adequate education and intellect.

“Now comes the information economy and [it] is fundamentally different because it’s built around replacing people with technology and the skill sets that you have to learn are how to think and analyze, and that is a whole degree level different,” he said. “You have to have a different skill set, you have to have a lot more gray matter.”

Bloomberg added that it was unclear if the skills or “gray matter” required for such high-skilled jobs could be easily taught in schools, so the “challenge of society” was figuring out how to provide for those locked out of the information economy.

When the comments first began circulating on social media this weekend they elicited a strong rebuke from both the right and the left.

Donald Trump Jr.

@DonaldJTrumpJr
    Bloomberg wouldn’t last 3 seconds as a farmer... but like his comments on minorities, you can tell he really hates regular hardworking Americans.

He will never fight for them because he couldn’t care less about them. https://twitter.com/annakellywi/stat...97979392847872

Anna Kelly
    @AnnaKellyWI
    Billionaire Bloomberg claims he "could teach anybody to be a farmer," even implying that farmers don't have the same level of "skillset" or "grey matter" as folks in tech jobs.

So demeaning, elitist, and out-of-touch it's appalling.

Embedded video
    7:20 PM - Feb 16, 2020
    Twitter Ads info and privacy
    21.2K people are talking about this

People for Bernie

@People4Bernie
    Time and time again we see Bloomberg insulting the middle class and the working class, union members and not yet union members

Maybe it's time for pundits to stop pretending he's just another candidate

Bloomberg is an oligarch spending his play money to buy the White House https://twitter.com/PeterMentes/stat...18467776761856

Pete
    @peterMentes
    Bloomberg on why farmers can’t work in information technology

MB: “I can teach anyone how to be a farmer 1 dig a hole 2 put a seed in 3 put dirt on top 4 add water 5 up comes the corn”

The skill 4information technology is completely different you need more grey matter#farmers

Embedded video
    5:38 PM - Feb 16, 2020
    Twitter Ads info and privacy
    236 people are talking about this
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Condescending little prick, isn't he?
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Mini Mike is a good name for him. Talk about dictators, this little man has a Napoleon-type complex.

Napoleon/Mao is what the democrats are pushing. Let that sink in.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

How tall is the box he is going to stand on in the debates again?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Condescending little prick, isn't he?
    Correct.
    Do something Danke

All Bloomberg has to do is wear a flannel shirt and a Juan Deere hat, promise more subsidies or increase the ethanol mandate in gasoline, and all will be forgiven.
    Last edited by sparebulb; 02-17-2020 at 01:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    All Bloomberg has to do is wear a flannel shirt and a Juan Deere hat, promise more subsidies or increase the ethanol mandate in gasoline, and all will be forgiven.
    Nah, he took "Big Gulps" away. People don't forget stuff like that.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Nah, he took "Big Gulps" away. People don't forget stuff like that.
    The 'murikan farmer don't know nuthin' bout no Big Gulp in Nuyork.

That don't confront him as long as he gets his subsidy next friday.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Without his money this guy is a terrible candidate. The problem I see is if he loses the nomination and throws his money behind Sanders. For this reason I'm supporting Bloomberg in the primary.

My grandfather wanted to be a farmer and to that end got a bachelors in agronomy as what he saw as a necessary first step.

That was in $#@!ing 1932.

What is it that makes this man - or anyone around him for that matter - think he knows jack $#@! about anything?
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Calling him Mini-Mike is acceptable if you're actually taller than him. Anybody thats 5'7 or shorter calling him by that nickname is just being hypocritical.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Calling him Mini-Mike is acceptable if you're actually taller than him. Anybody thats 5'7 or shorter calling him by that nickname is just being hypocritical.
    I disagree. It's pretty childish no matter how tall you are. I could see maybe if he was fat making fun of that since he'd have some control over that.
    Last edited by misterx; 02-17-2020 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fedupinmo View Post
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by misterx View Post
    I disagree. It's pretty childless no matter how tall you are. I could see maybe if he was fat making fun of that since he'd have some control over that.
    I have children, and I posted that. ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ryan
    In Washington you can see them everywhere: the Parasites and baby Stalins sucking the life out of a once-great nation.

Mini Mike is a small man, not just in stature but in soul, heart and brain.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by fedupinmo View Post
    I have children, and I posted that. ^^
    Fixed it. That's the thing that bothers me the most about Trump's style is the personal insults. Low IQ is fine, because it's actually relevant. The rest of it is just as bad as calling Trump orange man. We've really devolved as a society.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.