Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 139

Thread: Trump Supporters Are GW Bush Supporters LARPing As Ron Paul Supporters

  1. #1

    Exclamation Trump Supporters Are GW Bush Supporters LARPing As Ron Paul Supporters

    Trump Supporters Are George W Bush Supporters LARPing As Ron Paul Supporters

    Written by Caitlin Johnstone
    Sunday February 16, 2020


    The Trump administration has released its official statement to Congress justifying its drone assassination of Iran’s top military official Qassem Soleimani last month. Surprising exactly zero people, the formal notification makes no mention whatsoever of any imminent threat posed by Soleimani, a direct contradiction of this administration’s previous claims defending the assassination.

    “The Trump administration has been accused of lying after the publication of a new report that undermined its reasoning for assassinating Iranian General Qassem Soleimani last month,” reports Middle East Eye. “The chairman of the House Committee on Foreign Affairs said in a statement on Friday that President Donald Trump’s official notification to Congress defending the 3 January strike failed to specify an ‘imminent threat’ posed by Soleimani.”

    “This official report directly contradicts the president’s false assertion that he attacked Iran to prevent an imminent attack against United States personnel and embassies,” Democratic Representative Eliot Engel of New York said.

    “President Trump and top officials lied about the existence of an imminent threat to excuse his having engaged in an act of war without congressional approval,” tweeted independent Michigan Representative Justin Amash. “For Americans’ safety, the Constitution forbids unauthorized offensive actions regardless of the president’s justification.”

    It has been obvious to many analysts for quite some time that the world was lied to about yet another act of war against yet another Middle Eastern nation by yet another US president; the Trump administration’s tacit admission just confirms it. Add this confirmation to the lies we were told about no US soldiers being injured by Iran’s missile retaliation against US military bases, as well as the revelation that the initial rocket strike which sparked the exchanges of violence in Iraq likely came from ISIS and not Iran-backed militias as claimed by the US.

    What this means legally is that Soleimani’s assassination was a war crime. On a practical level, since the US is never prosecuted for war crimes it commits, what it means is that we now know we were lied to about an assassination which by Trump’s own admission brought us “closer than you thought” to a disastrous full-scale war.

    What I personally find interesting about the destruction of the “imminent threat” narrative is that none of the many Trump supporters I spent time arguing with last month about Soleimani’s assassination ever attempted to claim that he posed an imminent threat to Americans. They’d argue that Soleimani was a bad man who deserved to die, they’d attempt to spin unfounded claims that he was directly behind the embassy attack or the aforementioned rocket strike, they’d accuse me of being a terrorist-supporting terrorist lover, but I never once encountered anyone who tried to argue that there was an imminent threat to American lives.

    They made no attempt to make this argument because they knew it wasn’t a good one. They knew the Trump administration was making bogus claims that they couldn’t defend. They knew this. They just didn’t care.

    They didn’t care because they weren’t approaching the situation from any interest in truth or facts. Their sole interest was, and is always, in defending their president and promoting narratives which help ensure his re-election in November. It’s a game to them. A game of imagination which consists entirely of narratives that have little to no relationship with objective reality. They are LARPing.

    Well, not all of them to be fair. There are two kinds of Trump supporters: there’s the straight-ticket Republicans who’d support an animatronic Chuck E Cheese robot as long as it had an (R) next to its name, and then there’s the so-called “populists” who say everything Trump does is secretly a brilliant strategic maneuver against the Deep State.

    There’s some overlap between these two categories (neocon swamp monster Sean Hannity now posing as a swamp-fighting enemy of the Deep State is the most hilarious example), but there’s a distinction that’s worth noting. After the Soleimani assassination the straight-ticket Republicans were online acting like the Bush voters they are yelling “Yeeehaw, we kill whoever we want!”, whereas the “populists” were claiming that this was yet another strategic 4-D chess maneuver against the enemies of peace. I had one former reader sincerely attempt to argue with me that Soleimani was actually working for the Deep State, and had been protected by Obama and Hillary Clinton.

    This latter category of Trump supporter is the type I generally encounter in doing what I do. Openly partisan Republicans who are honest about their partisanship tend to take little interest in writers like myself, whereas Trump supporters who see themselves as anti-establishment, anti-war and anti-propaganda often make their way into my orbit. These are also the type that my readers will generally run into for the same reason, so they’re the category of Trump supporter I’m writing about here.

    When the news first broke of Soleimani’s assassination I wrote the following:

    “A proportionate retaliatory strike would necessarily entail an attack on US military targets, or the military targets of US allies. If that happens, either the empire stands down or we’re looking at an all-out war of a size that is potentially almost limitless.”

    And indeed that is exactly what happened. Iran did retaliate, against US military targets, injured more than 100 US soldiers, and then the US empire stood down. Trump’s reckless act of brinkmanship resulted in a dead Iranian general, a badly damaged airbase, scores of injured soldiers, a tail-between-the-legs retreat, and brought the US and Iran “closer than you thought” to war, for no real strategic benefit. Yet for days after the military exchange I was getting Trump supporters in my social media mentions telling me I’d been crazy and hysterical for warning of the risk of war.

    These bizarre mental gymnastics are possible because these Trump supporters aren’t interfacing with reality in any way. They’re engaged in a weird Live Action Role-Playing (LARP) game where they pretend to be knowledgeable patriots cheering for a Ron Paul-like champion of peace and anti-authoritarianism, while in real life they’re acting exactly like garden variety Republicans cheering for a standard Republican president who’s been advancing longstanding agendas of neoconservatives and the CIA.

    In real life Trump has imprisoned Julian Assange, has re-started the Cold War, has killed tens of thousands of Venezuelans with starvation sanctions, has vetoed attempts to save Yemen from US-backed genocide, is working to foment civil war in Iran using starvation sanctions and CIA ops with the stated goal of effecting regime change, has occupied Syrian oil fields with the goal of preventing Syria’s reconstruction, has greatly increased the number of troops in the Middle East and elsewhere, has greatly increased the number of bombs dropped per day from the previous administration, killing record numbers of civilians, and reduced military accountability for those airstrikes.

    Every single one of these longstanding deep state agendas that Trump has advanced have been defended by Trump supporters in my social media mentions as brilliant strategic maneuvers against the deep state. Literally every single one of them, without a single, solitary exception. Every time Trump advances an evil establishment agenda and I speak out about it, I am guaranteed to receive comments explaining why the thing I’m speaking out against is actually an ingenious move by Trump against the establishment. Trump arresting Assange is actually Trump helping Assange. Trump helping the neocons is actually Trump hurting the neocons. Those sure are some elegant invisible clothes the emperor is wearing today.

    Trump’s words say one thing, and his actions say something very different. He gives lip service to anti-interventionism and opposition to the swamp, and his supporters play along with the narratives he’s spoon feeding them. He’s another George W Bush, concealed by a thin overlay of narrative and imagination. But in the LARP he’s Ron Paul.

    I started this job a few months before Trump took office, and ever since January 2017 I’ve been pointing out evil things this president has been doing and having Trump supporters tell me “Wait and see.”

    “Calm down,” they tell me (they always want me to calm down). “Trump is doing something big here. You’ll see.”

    They’ve been saying “you’ll see” for years now. Trump’s term is almost over. It’s time to admit you were wrong, guys.

    You’ve been had. You were duped by narrative and empty words into supporting a garden variety Republican president who’s been advancing garden variety Republican agendas. Your anti-establishment sentiments were successfully corralled by propaganda into a standard GOP ideology with some populist-looking window dressing. You’ve been sitting very pretty lately while the Democrats make complete asses of themselves with ill-advised impeachment agendas and a scandalous primary race, but in reality you’re just as blinkered and duped as they are.

    Believing that a US president is going to save you is just as dumb as believing the FBI and CIA are going to save you. Republicans have been doing the former while Democrats have been doing the latter. Both have been duped by custom-made establishment propaganda into cheering for different aspects of the establishment, and the only one who wins is that very same establishment.

    Stop getting duped into believing in America’s two-handed sock puppet show. It’s always fake, and it always ends the same: all your money goes to the performers, and you get screwed. Start seeing through the illusion.

    http://www.ronpaulinstitute.org/arch...ul-supporters/
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    DACA S**thole Dreamers - Make America Great Again?



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2
    In real life Trump has imprisoned Julian Assange, has re-started the Cold War, has killed tens of thousands of Venezuelans with starvation sanctions, has vetoed attempts to save Yemen from US-backed genocide, is working to foment civil war in Iran using starvation sanctions and CIA ops with the stated goal of effecting regime change, has occupied Syrian oil fields with the goal of preventing Syria’s reconstruction, has greatly increased the number of troops in the Middle East and elsewhere, has greatly increased the number of bombs dropped per day from the previous administration, killing record numbers of civilians, and reduced military accountability for those airstrikes.
    THIS stuff is how I know $#@!face von Clownstick V is no different from $#@!face von Clownstick IV, III, II, I, etc.
    Amash>Trump

    ΟΥ ΓΑΡ ЄCΤΙΝ ЄξΟΥCΙΑ ЄΙ ΜΗ ΥΠΟ ΘЄΟΥ

    "Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

    "ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

    "Trump is the security blanket of aggrieved white men aged 18-60." - Pinoy

  4. #3
    Trump has rolled back several regulations on hunting bears. And he cut income taxes by %0.5. And he increased tariff taxes by a lot, which is a good thing, because tariffs are incredible. The best.

  5. #4
    Is there a Trump supporter here that would have taken Trump over Rand?

    I don't think so.

    There are a lot who took Trump over Hillary. I don't think they were "duped." I think they knew they had a crappy choice and went with the least crappy.

    The same thing is likely to happen this year.

    In the mean time, the r3volution is doing absolutely nothing to prepare for 2024. We're pretty good at bitching and moaning though.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Elliot's The Hollow Men

  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    In the mean time, the r3volution is doing absolutely nothing to prepare for 2024.
    That's not true. Most of us are going to be voting pretty hard in 2020 and 2022. Good practice for 2024.

  7. #6


    They hate us because we're free
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    DACA S**thole Dreamers - Make America Great Again?

  8. #7
    Rand is Larping as a Ron Paul supporter too, he is actually a Bush supporter..

    LOL.. hard to say that with a straight face.

    Anybody who has TDS is stumping for the deep state, so she will have to explain herself on that one.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

    "Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    "Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

  9. #8
    I didn't vote for Dubya, but I voted for Trump. If those who voted for Dubya before and voted for Trump this time chances are they were paying attention. Dubya's brother was running as the frontrunner and lost--just sayin'
    "No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.” ~ Charles Dickens



  10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  11. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rebel Poet View Post
    THIS stuff is how I know $#@!face von Clownstick V is no different from $#@!face von Clownstick IV, III, II, I, etc.
    While many of the foreign policy actions are true, Assange was a prisoner in that Embassy long before Trump got into office. Venezuela is starving because of Socialism, not Trump.

  12. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    Is there a Trump supporter here that would have taken Trump over Rand?

    I don't think so.

    There are a lot who took Trump over Hillary. I don't think they were "duped." I think they knew they had a crappy choice and went with the least crappy.

    The same thing is likely to happen this year.

    In the mean time, the r3volution is doing absolutely nothing to prepare for 2024. We're pretty good at bitching and moaning though.
    During the campaign, it was clear by their commentary that Tom Woods and Lew Rockwell preferred Trump over Rand Paul. But for the people here, I am sure nickers and dannno would have taken Trump over Rand and maybe SS would have done the same

  13. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    During the campaign, it was clear by their commentary that Tom Woods and Lew Rockwell preferred Trump over Rand Paul. But for the people here, I am sure nickers and dannno would have taken Trump over Rand and maybe SS would have done the same
    I took Trump over Rand because Rand didn't have the chutzpah to deal with these criminals, IMHO. However, as of late, Rand has been impressively going afters these criminals and I believe he has a really good mentor that has shown him the way.
    "No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.” ~ Charles Dickens

  14. #12
    None of the title makes any sense . trump won a few states that are dem strongholds , those are not Ron Paul voters or W voters , Ron really did not have many supporters we found out as the vote totals rolled in . Many Paul voters are probably not currently voting . Are the trump derangement people sad they did not get Hillary ? I think so.

  15. #13
    “This official report directly contradicts the president’s false assertion that he attacked Iran to prevent an imminent attack against United States personnel and embassies,” Democratic Representative Eliot Engel of New York said.
    Which raises a question. Would Nancy Pelosi, Adam Schiff, Jerry Nadler and friends impeach Trump over this?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul
    They are what they hate.” - B4L


    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

  16. #14

    Thumbs down Full Tilt Hillary Neocon Bushbot

    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    None of the title makes any sense . trump won a few states that are dem strongholds , those are not Ron Paul voters or W voters , Ron really did not have many supporters we found out as the vote totals rolled in . Many Paul voters are probably not currently voting . Are the trump derangement people sad they did not get Hillary ? I think so.
    Donnell is Hillary on Steroids.

    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    DACA S**thole Dreamers - Make America Great Again?

  17. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    During the campaign, it was clear by their commentary that Tom Woods and Lew Rockwell preferred Trump over Rand Paul. But for the people here, I am sure nickers and dannno would have taken Trump over Rand and maybe SS would have done the same
    I don’t believe that Woods or Rockwell prefers Trump over Rand (did they say that before Rand dropped out? Any dates quotes?).

    IIRC, there were people that were upset when Rand (as a Senator) signed on to a letter from Tom Cotton about Iran. Does a disagreement on a single issue mean they didn’t support Rand?

    A thread on it:
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...letter-to-Iran
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 02-17-2020 at 10:33 AM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul
    They are what they hate.” - B4L


    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

  18. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    I took Trump over Rand because Rand didn't have the chutzpah to deal with these criminals, IMHO. However, as of late, Rand has been impressively going afters these criminals and I believe he has a really good mentor that has shown him the way.
    This is the argument Tom and Lew used when favoring Trump but you know me and I completely disagree with it. I believe Trump is more fashion with little function, more style with little substance. But also he is more of a showman and much less of a statesman which worked in his favor in an environment where establishment politics was shunned.

    Looking back now, do you think he lived up to the hype? is he really pushing back against policies which the establishment support? no matter how bad Rand's performance was during the campaign, you should have known that he was the principled man in the campaign and as someone who has spent time on this forum, you should have know this.

    Rand on the other hand has lost a little bit of the luster for me, he is now just a butt boy for Trump showering his with generous praise for doing absolutely nothing. I am afraid that the credibility he has lost during this period will damage his chances of ever winning the white house.
    Last edited by juleswin; 02-17-2020 at 10:38 AM.



  19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  20. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    I don’t believe that Woods or Rockwell prefers Trump over Rand (did they say that before Rand dropped out? Any dates quotes?).

    IIRC, there were people that were upset when Rand (as a Senator) signed on to a letter from Tom Cotton about Iran. Does a disagreement on a single issue mean they didn’t support Rand?
    No, I am talking about multiple video they did reviewing the debates. The conclusion from every single one of em was that Trump won the debate, Trump is striking the right tone and Rand is flailing around and out of tune with the relevant issues. I watched every single debate review they did and I promise you, the take away from those videos is that Trump is the man and Rand is the chump, vote Trump.

  21. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    No, I am talking about multiple video they did reviewing the debates. The conclusion from every single one of em was that Trump won the debate, Trump is striking the right tone and Rand is flailing around and out of tune with the relevant issues. I watched every single debate review they did and I promise you, the take away from those videos is that Trump is the man and Rand is the chump, vote Trump.
    The best of us can fall for a politicians sweet, sweet lies. I voted for dubya in 2000, but NOT in 2004.

    Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    DACA S**thole Dreamers - Make America Great Again?

  22. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    During the campaign, it was clear by their commentary that Tom Woods and Lew Rockwell preferred Trump over Rand Paul. But for the people here, I am sure nickers and dannno would have taken Trump over Rand and maybe SS would have done the same
    Ya, but it's really dishonest to say something like that when we actually prefer Rand's policies to Trumps policies, the reason we like Trump is because he is taking out the deep state which happens to be the primary barrier to liberty. Having a good President doesn't do much when you have the deep state media and most of congress.

    Rand could have brought the troops home, the deep state then could have pulled some massive false flags killing a bunch of people, they would have gotten the Presidency back in four years and started even more wars.

    Do you want to bring the troops home now, for 3.5 or 4 years, then go back to war, or would you rather pull them out in 4 years permanently?

    Would you like like one marshmallow now, or would you prefer two marshmallows in 10 minute? I'll leave this marshmallow here, and if it's still there in 10 minutes, I'll give you a second one.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

    "Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    "Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

  23. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Ya, but it's really dishonest to say something like that when we actually prefer Rand's policies to Trumps policies, the reason we like Trump is because he is taking out the deep state which happens to be the primary barrier to liberty. Having a good President doesn't do much when you have the deep state media and most of congress.

    Rand could have brought the troops home, the deep state then could have pulled some massive false flags killing a bunch of people, they would have gotten the Presidency back in four years and started even more wars.

    Do you want to bring the troops home now, for 3.5 or 4 years, then go back to war, or would you rather pull them out in 4 years permanently?

    Would you like like one marshmallow now, or would you prefer two marshmallows in 10 minute? I'll leave this marshmallow here, and if it's still there in 10 minutes, I'll give you a second one.
    So is it fair to say that you believe a Trump presidency needs to happen first before we can have an effective liberty president?

    And yes, I want the troops home now and keep them home but it seems like you are saying that this is not possible without getting Trump in power first

  24. #21
    If you spend as much time online as I do, it's exceedingly easy to tell the actual Trump supporters online from the Zionist perception management shills online. I think many of who she encounters (end up in her orbit, as she calls it) are the shills trying to minimize her influence. There's a very noticeable difference in how the actual Trump voters generally post and how the shills post.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    The entire internet is the domain of paid shills and bots. If you don't know this by now....

    Israel, under control of the Crown and, ultimately, the Vatican, own the USA. If you don't know this by now....

    Talk to people about liberty. You won't find it on websites, you won't find it in politicians.

    But now you can't talk to people because of "social distancing"....brought to you by shills and politicians.

  25. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    This is the argument Tom and Lew used when favoring Trump but you know me and I completely disagree with it. I believe Trump is more fashion with little function, more style with little substance. But also he is more of a showman and much less of a statesman which worked in his favor in an environment where establishment politics was shunned.

    Looking back now, do you think he lived up to the hype? is he really pushing back against policies which the establishment support? no matter how bad Rand's performance was during the campaign, you should have known that he was the principled man in the campaign and as someone who has spent time on this forum, you should have know this.

    Rand on the other hand has lost a little bit of the luster for me, he is now just a butt boy for Trump showering his with generous praise for doing absolutely nothing. I am afraid that the credibility he has lost during this period will damage his chances of ever winning the white house.
    Then you are not aware of people with "street smarts." President Trump is not as stupid as many make him out to be. My father was born and raised in Brooklyn. He was a high school drop out that had a lot more integrity and intelligence than most people who claimed to be scholars and his street smarts made him tough as nails. That is the kind of person you want to weed-out corruption.

    Rand was raised by a polite statesman (and that's a good thing). When you are around a lot of corruption, you cannot play nice with them and you have to be one step ahead of them to cut them off at the pass. Figuratively speaking; you cannot bring a knife to a gun fight.
    "No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.” ~ Charles Dickens

  26. #23
    I voted for Trump purely for the entertainment purposes; he has more than delivered. The fact that he has removed the air of presidential worship for at least half of America is simply a bonus.

  27. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    So is it fair to say that you believe a Trump presidency needs to happen first before we can have an effective liberty president?
    Pretty sure I've repeated that like 70 or 80 times at least. Maybe hundreds. Almost once a day, sometimes maybe more than once a day.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

    "Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    "Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."



  28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  29. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    The best of us can fall for a politicians sweet, sweet lies. I voted for dubya in 2000, but NOT in 2004.

    Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.
    I've never been fooled. Even when I was 7 years old, Bush Sr. was running for President against Dukakis and I remember being infuriated that those were the only two realistic choices for winning. I was told there were some more choices, and had I learned about all of them I am certain I would have picked Ron Paul even back then. As a 7 year old, I figured out how much taxes my parents were paying and that really sent me over the edge.

    2000 was the first election I got to vote in, I was pretty excited. I voted for Alan Keyes in the primary, then I voted for Green Party candidate Ralph Nader in the General. I considered myself a green libertarian back then because I was libertarian on economics, but the Green Party was the one I was seeing out there who was promoting civil liberties, anti-war, anti-war on drugs and I couldn't argue too much with the environmental stuff back then either. Ron Paul eventually straightened me out on all that, even though I had become pretty skeptical of global warming before his candidacy.

    I always support candidates who are enemies of the deep state. I voted for Gary Johnson last time, who is an enemy of the deep state, and was sunk by his deep state VP. Pence's job wasn't to sink Trump, it is more to ingratiate himself as far into his inner circle as possible so they can keep tabs on him.
    Last edited by dannno; 02-17-2020 at 11:17 AM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

    "Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    "Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

  30. #26
    Temporary Ban New York, NY



    Posts
    746
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    I would have never voted for a war criminal like George W Bush but I voted for Trump.
    Trump has a good instinct on Foreign Policy.
    OK they are Partisan Republicans who like both Trump & Bush but many Trump supporters hate George W Bush.

    Does this sound like George W Bush?

    He sounds more like Ron Paul

  31. #27
    Temporary Ban New York, NY



    Posts
    746
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    I've never been fooled. Even when I was 7 years old, Bush Sr. was running for President against Dukakis and I remember being infuriated that those were the only two realistic choices for winning. I was told there were some more choices, and had I learned about all of them I am certain I would have picked Ron Paul even back then. As a 7 year old, I figured out how much taxes my parents were paying and that really sent me over the edge.

    2000 was the first election I got to vote in, I was pretty excited. I voted for Alan Keyes in the primary, then I voted for Green Party candidate Ralph Nader in the General. I considered myself a green libertarian back then because I was libertarian on economics, but the Green Party was the one I was seeing out there who was promoting civil liberties, anti-war, anti-war on drugs and I couldn't argue too much with the environmental stuff back then either. Ron Paul eventually straightened me out on all that, even though I had become pretty skeptical of global warming before his candidacy.

    I always support candidates who are enemies of the deep state. I voted for Gary Johnson last time, who is an enemy of the deep state, and was sunk by his deep state VP. Pence's job wasn't to sink Trump, it is more to ingratiate himself as far into his inner circle as possible so they can keep tabs on him.
    Why not Pat Buchanan?

  32. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy View Post
    Why not Pat Buchanan?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

    "Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    "Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

  33. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    Donnell is Hillary on Steroids.
    I cannot agree with this. I think we dodged a huge bullet with the result of the 2016 election (even if it's likely too little, too late). If nothing else, his one-man-war against the media, and the acknowledgment of the "deep state," makes him the best President of my lifetime (Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush, Obama). Whatever Trump might be behind closed doors, he doesn't seem to project that menacing evil that the Clinton's possess. It's insane to me that someone here (other than Zippy, of course), would think we'd be better off with Clinton.
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

  34. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    Is there a Trump supporter here that would have taken Trump over Rand?

    I don't think so.

    There are a lot who took Trump over Hillary. I don't think they were "duped." I think they knew they had a crappy choice and went with the least crappy.

    The same thing is likely to happen this year.

    In the mean time, the r3volution is doing absolutely nothing to prepare for 2024. We're pretty good at bitching and moaning though.
    Can we get Rand to run in 2024?

    This is a bold statement.

    https://beinglibertarian.com/heres-h...dency-in-2024/

    After the 2022 elections, Rand Paul will end his second term as a U.S. senator. In 2024, he will be the Republican nominee for the presidency. Whether he’s done so on purpose or not, the junior senator from Kentucky is in a prime position to take control of the Republican Party post-Trump, regardless of what happens to the commander-in-chief. Here’s how.

    The writer of the article:
    Andrew Bartholomew
    Andrew Bartholomew is a politics and election news writer from Iowa City, Iowa. He has previously worked for Young Americans for Liberty and was most recently the political director for a Republican congressional bid.
    Last edited by Pauls' Revere; 02-17-2020 at 05:57 PM.
    When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies? - Miguel de Cervantes, (Don Quixote)

    Quote Originally Posted by Voluntarist View Post
    The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the Federal Reserve Notes of patriotic central banks

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 31
    Last Post: 06-17-2018, 09:10 AM
  2. Trump gets 11% of Jeb supporters & 22% of Carson Supporters (Cruz gets 24% of Ben's)
    By RandallFan in forum 2016 Presidential Election: GOP & Dem
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-23-2016, 02:44 AM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-23-2012, 08:24 AM
  4. Replies: 29
    Last Post: 10-14-2011, 11:24 PM
  5. New York Supporters - HQ request - Good Morning America Wants Ron Paul Supporters
    By OptionsTrader in forum News About The Official Campaign
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-04-2008, 09:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •