Thread: Remove Puerto Rico

Remove Puerto Rico

https://www.yahoo.com/news/3-employe...163721724.html

Corruption, warehouses full of food, etc...

Its time to say goodbye to PR.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/3-employe...163721724.html

Corruption, warehouses full of food, etc...

Its time to say goodbye to PR.
    Like, remove it from the map?

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Like, with a cloth?

The biggest disgrace is that this people are american citizens.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy View Post
    The biggest disgrace is that they are a captive people w/no American rights to vote or have any real say. They either need to be made a state or freed.
    There is no spoon.

I think their corruption problems would only worsen if they left completely.. I think they should just keep it the way it is, since it's currently a nice tax haven for Americans.

Or have a vote, if they vote for statehood, make them the 51st.. but then I think some of the tax breaks go bye bye.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    The biggest disgrace is that they are a captive people w/no American rights to vote or have any real say. They either need to be made a state or freed.
    An argument could be made that they are most free right now since they have such low taxes. If they were made into a state, there would be a lot more taxes collected. The only benefit of being made a state is they can vote for President and congressional reps. Not sure that would work out very well for anybody, though.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Well there's no way we're setting them free.

So the right to vote is a good compromise
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy View Post
    Agreed. Americans are a very specific group of people. Puerto Ricans have their own heritage and ought to be free to rule themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by familydog View Post
    Puerto Ricans have their own heritage and ought to be free to rule themselves.
    Or we can just give them the right to vote in presidential elections

I doubt they would want to "rule themselves". It's better that we do it for them
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Or we can just give them the right to vote in presidential elections
    They are not Americans. They are Puerto Ricans. As such, they deserve their own system in which they can vote for their own president.

It's better that we do it for them
    Jefferson argued that the States have the right and responsibility to cut loose any State or territory which does not fit in with the American character. Puerto Rico has its own culture and heritage and thus its own sovereignty. That must be respected.

They are not Americans. They are Puerto Ricans. As such, they deserve their own system in which they can vote for their own president.

Jefferson argued that the States have the right and responsibility to cut loose any State or territory which does not fit in with the American character. Puerto Rico has its own culture and heritage and thus its own sovereignty. That must be respected.
    Texas had its own identity once upon a time, now we're all Americans and couldnt be happier about it
    - Kim Kardashian

Texas had its own identity once upon a time, now we're all Americans and couldnt be happier about it
    Surely you do not speak for the thousands of heritage Texans who favor independence.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    LOL if you wish.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Like, with a cloth?
    that'll do just fine.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm down with that. When can we free them? When will they secede?

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    I think their corruption problems would only worsen if they left completely.. I think they should just keep it the way it is, since it's currently a nice tax haven for Americans.

Or have a vote, if they vote for statehood, make them the 51st.. but then I think some of the tax breaks go bye bye.
    No statehood unless we get rid of multiple blue states at the same time.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Surely you do not speak for the thousands of heritage Texans who favor independence.
    Every Texan has that one crazy uncle who claims that Texas never legally rejoined the union

But noone respects him
    Last edited by TheTexan; 02-15-2020 at 04:54 PM.
    - Kim Kardashian

Texas population: 28 million
    Number of Texans who want independence: "thousands"

To be fair, I haven't asked the hundreds of thousands (millions?) of illegal aliens, migrant workers, foreign nationals and ex-pats from other States what their opinion of independence happens to be.

To be fair, I haven't asked the hundreds of thousands (millions?) of illegal aliens, migrant workers, foreign nationals and ex-pats from other States what their opinion of independence happens to be.
    Send them back
    - Kim Kardashian

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    No statehood unless we get rid of multiple blue states at the same time.
    What about becoming part of Florida?

What about becoming part of Florida?
    That would make Florida blue forever, no thanks.

They can have their own state if we throw out multiple NE blue states at the same time.
    Or they can have independence or the status quo.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

An argument could be made that they are most free right now since they have such low taxes. If they were made into a state, there would be a lot more taxes collected. The only benefit of being made a state is they can vote for President and congressional reps. Not sure that would work out very well for anybody, though.
    Agreed, probably best if they just went on their own and still had trade agreements and defense treaties in place. Like the Brexit.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If you were a Puerto Rican, which would you rather have? The right to vote in presidential elections, or to have much lower taxes?

I would think that most people would prefer the right to vote
    - Kim Kardashian

Send them back
    Some would argue that "send them back" would apply to the Europeans who took Texas from the Mexicans.

Luckily, we are in a position where we can just cut Puerto Rico loose. We need not worry about having to send half their residents back.

Puerto Rico has been trying to become a state for decades now. It's a fight that I hope they never win.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Puertoss

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment