Thread: Half a click from ordering a Springfield Hellcat 9mm OSP...

Half a click from ordering a Springfield Hellcat 9mm OSP...

Anyone shot one of these conceal carries?

I like longer grips on micro compacts and I think the extended 13 rd. mag might take care of that penchant. I like that it is red dot optics capable. The recommended micro-red dot recommended comes in a bit pricey. About 4/5th the price of the gun itself. The recommended one sets in without risers for a factory made co-witness.

It's not the sight that really matters. It's the ability to add one at a later date that is what I like and the sights it comes with are pretty nice...

Has a lot of nice features...

https://www.springfield-armory.com/hellcat-features/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well, just hovering over the button and decided to at least head to the gun range tomorrow and see if they have one to try out. So I'l put it off for the night. Come tomorrow...who knows.

Don't like funky triggers.. (Trigger safety??)

Did not like the design when Glock marketing first made it popular.

1911 preference, but both Sig and Beretta have some real triggers.

Kinda like this, for a compact.
    https://www.springfield-armory.com/911-9mm-features/
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Don't like funky triggers.. (Trigger safety??)

Did not like the design when Glock marketing first made it popular.

1911 preference, but both Sig and Beretta have some real triggers.

Kinda like this, for a compact.
    https://www.springfield-armory.com/911-9mm-features/
    You get used to it. Took a coupla hundred rds. through my S&W M&P .40 to. After 1k I don't even notice it anymore. Especially w/ the Apex trigger/FSS upgrade.

I found a local dealer on gundeals.com that had one so I heded over to have a look-see.

Felt right for my hand. Bought it.

I'll take it to the range or my friends field tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post

Felt right for my hand. Bought it.

I'll take it to the range or my friends field tomorrow.
    Have fun.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Looks a lot like the regular XDS 9 they have which I have shot . Seemed fine to me . Local pawn shop had one a few years back I almost bought it just because it had 3 or four mags . I only currently have one 9 but I like it and I have three mags for it , a holster and holster for the spare mags .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Looks a lot like the regular XDS 9 they have which I have shot . Seemed fine to me . Local pawn shop had one a few years back I almost bought it just because it had 3 or four mags . I only currently have one 9 but I like it and I have three mags for it , a holster and holster for the spare mags .
    They are quite a bit alike. Hellcat slightly smaller. Hellcat has slightly larger ammo capacity 11+1/13+1 vs. 9+1. Hellcat OSP is optics ready. With recommended red dot the sights will co-witness wout having to add supressor/taller sights.

Well, I have to say this is a damn fine compact. Not only did it feel good in the hand but it shot beautiful. The iron sights are great. Still want to put a red dot on it at a later time, but honestly, most individuals would be perfectly happy with the irons.
    The range was packed nuts to butts, so I just came back home and shot it. I have a little wooded incline that makes a backstop, but I can only get 7 yards out of it. So I put 250 rds at both 5yds and 7 yrds. The first 100 rds was getting used to it. The last 150 shots grouped within 4 to 4.5 " on bull out of 11 rds and 13 rds (the mags that come with the pistol). And for a compact, first time use, I'm not going to ask any more from it.
    I usually shoot my S&W .40, so for a 9mm recoil was minimal even though it is such a small package.
    One thing I have to say is that Springfield is a good name. Because the springs in the magazine are stout. If you can get that last rd. in the mag without a Maglula loader then you're a better man than I.
    Everyone has a preference, but for the natural feel, the sighting, and the accuracy of a compact, this will be my EDC.
    Last edited by phill4paul; 02-16-2020 at 04:49 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.