Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Libertarian Case for a Basic Income

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    This is not a troll. If you even bothered to read the first post in this thread, I provided examples of libertarians on both sides of the UBI discussion. The first article comes from libertarian.org. The links I posted are mostly from libertarians sites and libertarians that support or do not support the UBI.

Just like your friend above you did not bother to read the first post.

I already replied to this exact same post already in this thread.

I think it is pretty clear who are the actual trolls and infiltrators here.

No
    no, uh no Kahless, This is your thread title; ''The Libertarian Case for a Basic Income''

Lets have some quotes from these imaginary 'Libertarians' that support Basic Income....

And again; Do you support Basic Income ?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    No
    no, uh no Kahless, This is your thread title; ''The Libertarian Case for a Basic Income''

Lets have some quotes from these imaginary 'Libertarians' that support Basic Income....

Are you mentally challenged or just trolling? How many times now do I have to answer this? Go read the first post. These questions about who supports it and who does not are listed in the first $#@!ing post.

Do I support it? http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post6921553
    Again, trying reading the thread before replying.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    No
    Libertarians used to be known for enjoying a good debate. Sometimes that means taking the unexpected side. expand your mind a bit.

Are you mentally challenged or just trolling? How many times now do I have to answer this? Go read the first post. These questions about who supports it and who does not are listed in the first $#@!ing post.

Do I support it? http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post6921553
    Again, trying reading the thread before replying.
    Priceless, I'm not paid to feed trolls, enjoy...

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Libertarians used to be known for enjoying a good debate. Sometimes that means taking the unexpected side. expand your mind a bit.
    Priceless, I'm not paid to feed trolls, enjoy...

Gary Johnson is a libertarian

Bernie Sanders is too, so is Pelosi and Hillary Free sht for everybody..........ya hoooo!!!!!!!!!

We are so far from living in a free society so why not do what we can to reduce the governments role and size now? It is a ridiculous far fetched fantasy year after year that libertarians have in believing the US will suddenly become a libertarian like society overnight, while doing nothing to take small steps to get there. While this goes on government gets bigger and intrudes on our lives.

So what is the point of the libertarian movement? A set a values to marvel at like a book on a shelf with no effort to strategically get us to that utopia? Is it like some Star Trek future fantasy that people resign themselves to that is a impossible dream maybe hundreds of years from now? Are libertarians just people that have resigned themselves to be 1% that bitches and moans in forums about government rather than taking small steps to get us there?

I suspect nothing will change and in 20 years we will be having the same discussion in this forum. Except we will probably have to have a license to post here and are posts will be included as part of our social credit score. That is where we are headed if libertarians continue down the same road they have in the past.
    We can slowly reduce welfare and government intervention that makes it hard for people to support themselves or charities instead of creating a new entitlement.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We can slowly reduce welfare and government intervention that makes it hard for people to support themselves or charities instead of creating a new entitlement.
    But that is not happening. There is no movement on private alternative and reducing the welfare state. Eliminating all social programs in favor of UBI might not be the best solution but at least it is a start.

But that is not happening. There is no movement on private alternative and reducing the welfare state. Eliminating all social programs in favor of UBI might not be the best solution but at least it is a start.
    That won't happen either, what will happen is that UBI will be ADDED to welfare and everyone will have a financial stake in voting for big government to redistribute wealth more and more.

The slow reduction is more possible than the swap and doesn't give a bad incentive to everyone.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

This is not a troll. .
    Oh, good God. I know you're not troll. I'm talking about the prog trolls here. Duh.

If you even bothered to read the first post in this thread,..
    I always read threads I reply to. Yes, I understand the principle versus practical argument. Duh.

You asked my stance. Do you get what I was saying with the memes? You're just rebranding welfare with a fancy name. But a turd by any other name still smells like $#@!.
    Last edited by NorthCarolinaLiberty; 02-13-2020 at 09:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Anyway, the entire "discussion" is moot. You have paid, prog trolls here who make a mockery of this site. People are afraid to give these scumbags what they deserve. People here are afraid to lose their little RPF account.

If one is going to act like a cuck and let prog trolls make a mockery of your mission, then you will never win at anything.

Forgot about winning anything in politics. People here can't even win on their own site--their own home turf. People here are cucks who love to lose.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Eliminating all social programs in favor of UBI might not be the best solution but at least it is a start.
    No, it's making bad policy more palatable which you never want to do. Plus it doesn't have a chance in hell of happening anyway, because like the fair tax, it removes the government's ability to control things, so they won't let it happen.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

So let's devalue the currency even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    So let's devalue the currency even more.
    "When people find they can vote themselves money, it will herald the end of the republic." - Benjamin Franklin

I get that welfare is a problem, but I don't know if there's any program that can be considered voting yourself money than one where you literally vote yourself money.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

How is Free Cash better or different than Welfare?

Who do you see supporting it?

Do you think Ron Paul would endorse this?

Are you familiar with Ron Paul?
    Like I said I don't support UBI you should angry at people like Milton Friedman & other Left-Libertarians not at me.

Current System

- Government involvement in peoples lives to determine threshold for benefits.
    - Distributed exclusively to those in need and denied to everyone else. Creates animosity between citizens receiving and those not receiving benefits.
    - Requires big government apparatus to administer, monitor and review citizens lives to be sure they meet the threshold.
    - Tax dollars taken from citizens not returned to citizens

UBI

- No government intrusion in citizens personal lives.
    - Distributed to everyone. So no animosity between those taxed and those receiving.
    - Minimal government to administer.
    - Some Tax dollars taken from citizens returned to citizens.

But then there is this.

What happens if you replace every social program with a universal basic income
    https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...-welfare-state
    It’s … not great.
    An American basic income, funded by cutting everything, would screw the elderly and help almost everyone else
    Instead of a pure basic income, it might be time for a negative income tax.

Current System

- Government involvement in peoples lives to determine threshold for benefits.
    - Distributed exclusively to those in need and denied to everyone else. Creates animosity between citizens receiving and those not receiving benefits.
    - Requires big government apparatus to administer, monitor and review citizens lives to be sure they meet the threshold.
    - Tax dollars taken from citizens not returned to citizens

UBI

- Distributed to everyone. So no animosity between those taxed and those receiving.
    - Minimal government to administer.
    - Some Tax dollars taken from citizens returned to citizens.

But then there is this.

What happens if you replace every social program with a universal basic income
    https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...-welfare-state
    Why would you want to make the system more palatable and reduce how many people oppose it?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Why would you want to make the system more palatable and reduce how many people oppose it?
    I thought I put up both sides in that last post. I do not see how Seniors getting screwed in the process makes it more palatable despite the positives listed.

I am not even going outside libertarian beliefs. I am posting libertarian vs libertarian views on this topic. Have we become that afraid of discussing both sides of the truth here?

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I thought I put up both sides in that last post. I do not see how Seniors getting screwed in the process makes it more palatable despite the positives listed.

I am not even going outside libertarian beliefs. I am posting libertarian vs libertarian views on this topic. Have we become that afraid of discussing both sides of the truth here?
    I'm trying to discuss it with you.

Seniors are the only ones who are going to care about Seniors, everyone else will say "Okay Boomer".

In less than a generation it will become the status quo and people will start pushing to increase it.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    Well, thank you. I made them myself!

Yep, I get the practical versus principle angle, but this "discussion" is a waste of time.
    The only waste of time is you.

RPF has paid-prog trolls. That's a fact.
    Check under your bed, there's bound to be somebody there.

They make a mockery of this forum. Not only does no one want to do anything about it--the trolls are rewarded!
    Judging by your rep bar vs mine, you're right, trolls are making a mockery of this board and getting rewarded.

If this forum can't even take care of simple business like trolls, then this place will never accomplish a single thing. Ever.
    This forum exists for trolls, find another job if you aren't having fun. What exactly are you dreaming of accomplishing?

all money is intrusion you idiot

Quote Originally Posted by PRB View Post
    all money is intrusion you idiot
    Nice to see you back. Look forward to seeing more insane definitions that people on Chomskyite left believe. I enjoy hearing how best to make America a $#@!hole country.

Property is aggression. Amirite, comrade?

Quote Originally Posted by PRB View Post

This forum exists for trolls, find another job if you aren't having fun.

Looks like Zip will need to find another job. Dip$#@! was banned! Ha ha ha!!!!!

UBI is yet another binding of the individual to the federal government, where he has no power. Let states decide what programs they want to administer.

Quote Originally Posted by otherone View Post
    UBI is yet another binding of the individual to the federal government, where he has no power.
    IOW: UBI is yet another (big) step in (quite literally) turning people into full-fledged Orwellian proles ...

MOFA
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    Looks like Zip will need to find another job. Dip$#@! was banned! Ha ha ha!!!!!
    I thought this place was dead silent, it'll be negative silence now.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Once again to the op;

Who are these fake libertarians that you are referring to?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12