Thread: Turkey Deploys Hundreds Of Tanks, APCs And Commandos To Idlib; Attacks Syrian Army

Turkey Deploys Hundreds Of Tanks, APCs And Commandos To Idlib; Attacks Syrian Army

With the geopolitical situation now firmly on the backburner, we remind readers that the last time we checked into the flurry of recent events in Syria over the weekend, we found that the Syrian Army was making major gains inside Idlib in a military offensive condemned by Turkey and the United States, capturing the key town of Saraqib from al-Qaeda linked Hayat Tahrir al-Sham. Amid the military advance, in the latest embarrassment to the US State Department, the Syrian and Russian governments said they've recovered proof of US support for the anti-Assad al-Qaeda insurgent terrorists, publishing photographs of crates of weapons and supplies to state-run SANA.

In any case, the growing feud between Russia and Turkey over control of Syria last remaining rebel holdout in Idlib province escalated overnight, and as Bloomberg reports, Turkey sent hundreds of tanks, armored personnel carriers and commandos to the Syrian province of Idlib as preparations continue for a likely attempt to break the siege of some of its outposts by Bashar al-Assad’s forces.

The massive buildup over the weekend included the deployment of howitzers, multiple-rocket launchers, ambulances and trucks loaded with munitions, according to Turkey's state-run Anadolu Agency.
    Meanwhile, Turkey resumed talks with a Russian delegation in Ankara on Monday after failure to reach an agreement on Idlib on Saturday, Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu said, adding that President Recep Tayyip Erdogan and Russia’s Vladimir Putin may meet if no deal can be reached
    Turkey dramatically reinforced its forces across the border since Syrian troops killed five Turkish soldiers and a civilian in Idlib on Feb. 3 as they closed in on the country’s last major rebel holdout.
    "Five of our troops were killed and five others were injured in the shelling by the Syrian regime,” the Turkish Defense Ministry said on Monday, adding that “return fire was opened."
    It wasn't the first shelling incident between Turkish and Syrian forces in Idlib. A week ago, six Turkish troops were killed by Syrian artillery fire in an incident that Russia said was a result of miscommunication. The casualties could have been avoided if Ankara properly notified Damascus that it was moving troops in a border area where Damascus was holding an anti-terrorist operation at the time, Moscow said.
    Turkey's Daily Sabah reported that in response to the alleged death of Turkish soldiers, 115 regime targets have been struck, 101 regime soldiers have been neutralized (i.e. killed), and 3 tanks and 2 mortars have been destroyed, as the conflict is rapidly devolving into an all out war between Syria and Turkey.

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitic...ks-syrian-army
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Turkey cant have both either Libya or Syria.Turkey's economy is on a free fall.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    Turkey cant have both either Libya or Syria.Turkey's economy is on a free fall.
    Erdogan is crazy, he will go to war with Greece over Cyprus and Libya soon and he thinks he can take on Syria too.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Erdogan is crazy, he will go to war with Greece over Cyprus and Libya soon and he thinks he can take on Syria too.
    Russia saved Turkey the last time. I still think Russia was bluffing when they said they will be giving Turkey S400 they problary given them older versions of the system. Seeing how Turkey would just give the S400s to the Israelis to analyze it.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    Russia saved Turkey the last time. I still think Russia was bluffing when they said they will be giving Turkey S400 they problary given them older versions of the system. Seeing how Turkey would just give the S400s to the Israelis to analyze it.
    I think Russia will save Greece this time.
    Putin is getting tired of Erdogan.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Turks are supporting their Al-queda proxy troops inside Idlib.

This is our NATO ally?

Quote Originally Posted by vita3 View Post
    Turks are supporting their Al-queda proxy troops inside Idlib.

This is our NATO ally?
    Turkey has become everyone's enemy.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Earlier in the day, the Turkish Defence Ministry issued a statement, saying that Syrian government forces had allegedly attacked its military post in the Taftanaz area of Syria’s Idlib Province, killing five soldiers, while injuring another five.

The Turkish Defence Ministry announced on Monday that the country’s forces have struck 115 Syrian government targets, destroying 101 of them.
    “According to preliminary data, 115 targets of the Syrian government army were fired upon, and 101 targets were hit, including three tanks destroyed and one helicopter shot down. The operation continues,” the ministry said in a statement.
    Çeşitli kaynaklardan edinilen ilk bilgilere göre 101 Rejim unsurunun etkisiz hale getirildiği, 3 tank ve 2 top/havan mevziinin tahrip edildiği, ayrıca 1 helikopterin isabet aldığı öğrenilmiştir. https://t.co/Fb2FUuYhCL
    — T.C. Millî Savunma Bakanlığı (@tcsavunma) February 10, 2020
    The ministry said further that it would retaliate against any attack on its forces, which have observation posts in northern Syria.
    The development comes hours after the Turkish Defence Ministry issued a statement, saying that Syrian government forces had allegedly attacked one of its military posts in Idlib, killing five soldiers and injuring another five.

More at: https://www.infowars.com/turkish-arm...-syria-report/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Earlier in the day, the Turkish Defence Ministry issued a statement, saying that Syrian government forces had allegedly attacked its military post in the Taftanaz area of Syria’s Idlib Province, killing five soldiers, while injuring another five.

The Turkish Defence Ministry announced on Monday that the country’s forces have struck 115 Syrian government targets, destroying 101 of them.
    “According to preliminary data, 115 targets of the Syrian government army were fired upon, and 101 targets were hit, including three tanks destroyed and one helicopter shot down. The operation continues,” the ministry said in a statement.
    Çeşitli kaynaklardan edinilen ilk bilgilere göre 101 Rejim unsurunun etkisiz hale getirildiği, 3 tank ve 2 top/havan mevziinin tahrip edildiği, ayrıca 1 helikopterin isabet aldığı öğrenilmiştir. https://t.co/Fb2FUuYhCL
    — T.C. Millî Savunma Bakanlığı (@tcsavunma) February 10, 2020
    The ministry said further that it would retaliate against any attack on its forces, which have observation posts in northern Syria.
    The development comes hours after the Turkish Defence Ministry issued a statement, saying that Syrian government forces had allegedly attacked one of its military posts in Idlib, killing five soldiers and injuring another five.

More at: https://www.infowars.com/turkish-arm...-syria-report/
    The same Syria’s Idlib Province where Turkey is defending their own Jihadist terrorists while MSM and Turkey are branding them as moderate rebels. These terrorists are literary using civilians as human shields against the SAA/Syrian forces this is a tactic i had noticed during Aleppo liberation by Syrian forces as well.

Rather ironic? kind of a cowardly tactic.