Thread: The US Navy Quietly Shut Down its Task Force on Climate Change

The US Navy Quietly Shut Down its Task Force on Climate Change

The US Navy has dismantled its Task Force on Climate Change, which was designed to use the best available science to prepare naval leadership for global shifts in sea levels, melting ice sheets and ocean temperatures. The task force was shut down in March 2019 without a public announcement and climate change science and information has been scrubbed from the Department’s website. According to a Navy spokesperson the task force was “duplicative” and no longer needed, though the task force’s work has not been fully incorporated into the Navy’s decisionmaking process.

More at: https://www.ucsusa.org/resources/att...ate-task-force
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I offer to take over the military climate change task force for a stipend of 400.00 FRN's ea month . Any month at request I can put together a one paragraph summarization.
    Do something Danke

Good. Liberals will definitely be screaming their heads off about this.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

It's the trying to hide the existing info in such a blatant "la la la I can't hear you" move that is the worse part of the post.

The EPA actually deleted databases of climate info. Taxpayers paid for the data, don't just scrap it. Not wanting to fund more research is one thing, deliberate destruction of already accumulated data is a further waste.
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

Quote Originally Posted by kpitcher View Post
    It's the trying to hide the existing info in such a blatant "la la la I can't hear you" move that is the worse part of the post.

The EPA actually deleted databases of climate info. Taxpayers paid for the data, don't just scrap it. Not wanting to fund more research is one thing, deliberate destruction of already accumulated data is a further waste.
    The data was manipulated trash.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

The Empress-to-Be, Elizabeth Warren, is all over this. It shall not stand.

Senator Warren Questions Navy’s Decision to Terminate Its Climate Change Task Force
    https://yubanet.com/usa/senator-warr...ge-task-force/
    XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance